PDA

View Full Version : Verizon FiOS FSNMW in HD

reiter883r
12-13-2007, 05:57 AM
I just got an HD Tv and have Verizon FiOS (I live in Fort Wayne). I was really excited that Verizon's HD package includes FSNMW. :D Except that this channel never seems to have any games on it -- even ones listed in the program guide. :mad:

Anyone else in Fort Wayne have this problem? Or maybe there is something wrong with my setup. I would absolutely love to see Pacers games in HD!

Thanks.

aero
12-13-2007, 06:54 AM
I dont think FSNMW or FSN-Indiana for that matter, Broadcasts in HD. The only pacers games you will get in HD is when we face a team on NBAtv and they then broadcast a game in HD. I thought i seen a topic on here about this at one time but maybe it was somewhere else.

Id love to see a Pacers game in HD as well, I bought my HDtv over the summer but im waiting to upgrade my programming package on Directv until they get more channels. I think they have 70+ right now, or soon will have. Havent really looked into it since early October.

MagicRat
12-13-2007, 08:13 AM
I have that channel on Comcast.

I flip by it occasionally just to see if anything's happening and there was a hockey game on it once. Other than that it's always been a test pattern........

ilive4sports
12-13-2007, 12:21 PM
I dont think FSNMW or FSN-Indiana for that matter, Broadcasts in HD. The only pacers games you will get in HD is when we face a team on NBAtv and they then broadcast a game in HD. I thought i seen a topic on here about this at one time but maybe it was somewhere else.

Id love to see a Pacers game in HD as well, I bought my HDtv over the summer but im waiting to upgrade my programming package on Directv until they get more channels. I think they have 70+ right now, or soon will have. Havent really looked into it since early October.

You should upgrade to Directv now. I have the HD package and there have to be atleast 70 HD channels and more are coming weekly it seems(or im just finding them weekly).

Eindar
12-13-2007, 11:42 PM

I'm going to rant about this a bit. I've got DirecTV, and the other day the Pacers were on NBA TV HD, except that because I live in Indianapolis and have access to Fox Sports Indiana in *standard definition* the blacked out the game in *high definition*.

I mean, really, shouldn't these be considered two completely separate broadcasts? I haven't been this angry since I got the end of Book 6 of Harry Potter ruined for me.

Back on topic, DirecTV has a channel slotted for FSIN HD, but, again, nothing is ever on it. What this tells me is that there is a plan to show all the games in HD at some point, and I'm assuming that's going to depend on bandwidth for the satellite and upgrading the television equipment at Conseco/Fox Sports Net.

Anthem
12-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Wait... Pacers broadcasts are Not Safe For Work?