PDA

View Full Version : Report on WRTV 6 Notice the difference

indygeezer
12-11-2007, 07:18 PM
It was a camera crew following two Colt players as they went out to a Lutheran School. They gushed over the players and how they read and SANG Christmas stories and songs to the kids and signed helmets etc. They talked about how sweet it was (their words not mine) of the players to donate so much time to these kids, etc.

Like it or not, the Colts are getting the positive pub and the Pacers aren't. At the moment, it doesn't matter what the Colts are doing, they are going to get the positive spin out of everything and until the Pacer's clean up their act, they won't catch a break.

Roaming Gnome
12-11-2007, 07:58 PM
And when J.O. was at the Fairgrounds for the less fortunate playing Santa Claus, how many of these useless local media hacks were out there giving Jermaine and the Pacers the "glad hand"?

None..not a one!

So, you can't tell me that there isn't an agenda amoung the local media.

Pacemaker
12-11-2007, 08:00 PM
I need a link to watch the game!! Please anyone help!!! I hate NBA TV televised games. I have NBA League Pass and the NBA TV are not games included!!

Stryder
12-11-2007, 08:04 PM
The difference:

Colts winning percentage is 84.6% and won last year's Super Bowl.

Pacers winning percentage is 50% and haven't done squat in quite a while.

idioteque
12-11-2007, 08:21 PM
The difference:

So if you're on a team that is losing, or is decent but not championship caliber, the work you do in the community means less?

spazzxb
12-11-2007, 09:57 PM
So if you're on a team that is losing, or is decent but not championship caliber, the work you do in the community means less?

It mean talking about you is less entertaining. This is TV

Stryder
12-11-2007, 10:23 PM

No, but it's the ratings factor. Good teams or "hot" teams will get better ratings. It's the law of the land. Not right, but that is how it is.

BlueNGold
12-11-2007, 11:27 PM
And when J.O. was at the Fairgrounds for the less fortunate playing Santa Claus, how many of these useless local media hacks were out there giving Jermaine and the Pacers the "glad hand"?

None..not a one!

Like your location description. Gonna run out of screen space pretty soon. :D

As for agenda, our local media not only pretty lame, it isn't too heavy on politics....or agendas. I truly think they just call it the way they see it...or maybe the way they think the public wants to hear it....but that's not much of an agenda to push the masses...

The truth is, the Pacers will get some good pub once they shake the reputation they've rightly earned on the streets of Indianapolis and in the seats of the Palace. :laugh: They got it solid right now!

BlueNGold
12-11-2007, 11:32 PM
The difference:

Another difference:

Colts crime/high profile player:
0%

Pacers crime/high profile player:
50%

Ok, the numbers are not exact....

Edit: Not saying Tinsley committed a *crime* this time. Just being a multi-time victim counts a little in the calculus. lol.

indygeezer
12-11-2007, 11:57 PM

None..not a one!

I won't even try to dispute that. You're absolutely right.

FlavaDave
12-12-2007, 01:31 AM
I wouldn't call it an agenda. Its what I call the 'cute' factor.

Because the Colts are playing well, we have a warm and fuzzy feeling just hearing the team being mentioned. So when we flip by channel 6 and we see some Colts players, we stop. And when we see them doing charity work, we say:

"Awwwwwwwwwww........................ look how cute! Marvin is handing out teddy bears! Awwww............"

But when the viewer flips past channel 6 and sees a Pacer, he says "Oh, what did they do now.....*humph*". And when they see the charity work, they say "So what, they are still a bunch of thugs" and they keep flipping.

Basically, when the popular kid in school farts, its hilarious. But when the weirdo in school farts, its disgusting.

Or something like that.

But anyway, to call this some kind of vast media conspiracy is too much. I guess they have an agenda, but that agenda is ratings and isn't anything anti-Pacers.

MagicRat
12-12-2007, 08:02 AM
I saw clips on the news of JO handing out gifts and Troy Murphy and Kareem Rush giving out gifts and $200 shopping sprees to kids at Dick's.

Unfortunately they used the event at Dick's as an opportunity to get some dad to say it was too bad that Jamaal wasn't there for the kids........

Roaming Gnome
12-12-2007, 09:24 AM
The funny thing is that this morning RTV6 was giving away scores of tickets to the Chicago game. They gave away a dozen of tickets during the 45 mins I watched.

Guess they can put Mics in those give away sections to over exaggerate the fan reaction to Tinsley. Look, RTV6 hasn't given away Pacer Tickets once this year and they are going to do it at a time when fan reaction is going to be raw. Seems fishy, really!

Unclebuck
12-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Basically, when the popular kid in school farts, its hilarious. But when the weirdo in school farts, its disgusting.

Or something like that.

Classic, and true

travmil
12-12-2007, 09:50 AM

That should SO go in your sig.

Kraft
12-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Honestly, even if both teams were great on the court and in reputation, television coverage is more often based on convienence than it is newsworthiness. If the reporter can get to five places plus the Colts or two places plus the Pacers, it's an easy choice.

On TV, it's about the appearance of being a newsgathering organization. Seriously, go try to meet someone that's an on-air personality at a TV station. The things they will tell you will open your eyes. And probably, you'd stop being so jaded on the TV industry -- because you'd realize that their No. 1 priority isn't news, balance or anything in between.

Honestly, their No. 1 priority is the weather. That's what most people really watch for anyway.

grace
12-12-2007, 02:36 PM
The funny thing is that this morning RTV6 was giving away scores of tickets away to the Chicago game. They gave away a dozen of tickets during the 45 mins I watched.

They didn't give any to me. :kickcan:

Hicks
12-12-2007, 05:26 PM
They didn't give any to me. :kickcan:

If I thought I could mail it to you in the next 30 minutes I would; I'm staying in tonight. (No, I don't have the "email the ticket" option yet, unfortunately).