PDA

View Full Version : do we need back up at shooting gaurd?

sportsmusicxboxpacer
12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
with dun dun at sg really a sf but in way rush sucks seriously i see no sg on this team beside almost is daniles MHO how can we play 2 sf all the way this still brothers me since season started we have no back up sg or actualy sg on the team just hope if we can trade or sign someone i mean we wasted on rush and diner kid ...:(

Trader Joe
12-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm gonna have to have a word or two with your english teacher...

Young
12-10-2007, 08:11 PM
I really don't care right now about having a "natural shooting guard" on this team.

Over the summer I did.

But this team has shown the potential to be successful with Dunleavy at the 2. Rather we like it or not. Besides that who are we going to get that is really better?

I don't think that a backup point or shooting guard is an issue at this point in time. I'm worried about getting everyone as healthy as possible and getting them to play consistant. We have good players, we can win with what we have.

If we can defend as a team then I am fine with what we have.

The Hustler
12-10-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm gonna have to have a word or two with your english teacher...

Unfortunately, from the evidence of his post, the English teachers probably wont even understand you!

As for the topic on hand, i wouldn't mind a starting SG who can really shoot, ala Reggie, or a lock down perimeter defender, as we really are short of one! As for a Back up, unfortunatly i see Marquis as a good back up or a slightly weak starter, i'm not sure we need another back up, we have enough, i think we need a solid starter. Easier said than done, so all in all, i'll stick with what we have for now! Unless, that is, we can go after a starting SG!

JMO

Hoop
12-10-2007, 09:04 PM
We need better perimeter shooting, not necessarily a starting or backup SG. Defined positions are overrated. We have two wing players starting (Granger and Dun) doesn't really matter who is SF or who is SG as long as we can match up on the defensive end. Same goes for the backups.

JayRedd
12-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Obviously.

Arcadian
12-10-2007, 11:52 PM
No, we need a starting shooting guard.

CableKC
12-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Simple answer.....we have no choice but to live with what we have with our SG/SF rotation.

- Dunleavy isn't going anywhere cuz of his contract.

- Marquis is solid as a backup Guard despite his injuries.

- Granger and Shawne are the future.

I would much rather trade what little resources that we have on more pressing needs. Things could be better at the SG spot...but it's not as bad as other positions of need.

Naptown_Seth
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
A true SG starter and a solid backup PG. But I like how Dun is playing and am willing to just accept that this wing-heavy team just isn't going to look traditional in how it plays. If Dun can keep up his outside shot they will be fine despite his lateral speed issues on defense.

OTOH if Tinsley goes down...yikes.