PDA

View Full Version : eBay Seller trouble...question

indygeezer
12-09-2007, 06:02 AM
On November 25th I won a Best Bid item (book) on eBay and paid for it via PayPal. On Dec 4 the seller finally sent me a message asking why I hadn't responded to their note re: the book and to please input my feedback and then said that if I hadn't yet received the book I should shortly. I immediately responded that that was the first communication I had received from them and was eager to receive the book.

Yesterday I emailed them again as I have heard nothing further out of them and have not received the book either. I politely told them I was getting very frustrated. No response as yet. Nor have I provided input yet.

So, how long before I complain to eBay and what is the proper way to do so?

(BTW...it's a Stephen King book written in German. Geezer Jr. didn't specify that he wanted it in English..... )

bellisimo
12-10-2007, 11:49 AM
its been about 3 years since the last time i used eBay as they conned me out of a few hundred bucks...

how is the sellers feedback in general?

have you tried another email address? sometimes the email providers actually collide/block the emails...i had many problems like that with AOL for example...

Gyron
12-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Geeze I think you'd probably have to wait about 2 weeks before ebay would take it serious. You also have recourse through paypal if you don't recieve the item. I'd also try what Bellisimo said about the emails.

By the way, HILARIOUS buying the book in German.

LouisvilleLip
12-10-2007, 02:02 PM
1. Tell him you no longer want the book from him and you have sent a request for your money back. Go on paypal, click request money, put in his paypal address and the amount you paid leave a message if you like.

If he declines then just file a complaint on paypal. Also from experience if you do go through and file a complaint never close the case yourself until its been dealt with. I once filed a complaint and the seller said he was sending the money back and I closed the case manually but then he didn't send the money but once you close the case it can't be reopened luckily i managed to get my money back.