PDA

View Full Version : Reefer Madness out for the season & other news

Anthem
12-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Just working my way through the feeder. Nothing remarkable, really, but some interesting things.

- Shareef done for the season... Sacto really needs help at PF. Think they'd be interested in any of our guys?

- Jersey is a mess... they're going back and forth on the Kidd extension, the team's not playing well, Jefferson's ripping his teammates new ones, etc.

- I didn't realize that Larry sent a private plane to pick up Shawne Williams from the funeral.

- Marty Burns says we would have traded JO for Bynum but LA held out Bynum.

Naptown_Seth
12-08-2007, 02:38 PM
I think many of us have said that if Bynum was off the table then the Pacers made the right choice in skipping the deal. JO has struggled so far and even with that he's not been half bad since his return. If he finds his full game in the next few weeks we're gonna be really glad TPTB took a pass on a bag of LA junk for JO deal.

Hurray for NJ working their way out of the Pacers path in the playoff hunt! :D

Anthem
12-08-2007, 03:09 PM
I think many of us have said that if Bynum was off the table then the Pacers made the right choice in skipping the deal. JO has struggled so far and even with that he's not been half bad since his return. If he finds his full game in the next few weeks we're gonna be really glad TPTB took a pass on a bag of LA junk for JO deal.
It boggles the mind to think that LA thought they could get Jermaine without Bynum. They don't have any other assets!

Doddage
12-08-2007, 03:24 PM
David Harrison for Francisco Garcia?

Better yet, Murphy for Artest? I'm all for second chances (I mean, Mark Jackson, Al Harrington, and Dale Davis have been here twice), and I think Ron has changed since when he was here. He has family here too and he could tend to his daughter. Unfortunately though, SAC would probably have no business with that deal and Pacers fans wouldn't welcome Ron back. But hey, it's something to think about if we're focused on being a playoff team instead of getting a high lottery pick.

CableKC
12-08-2007, 03:45 PM

Better yet, Murphy for Artest? I'm all for second chances (I mean, Mark Jackson, Al Harrington, and Dale Davis have been here twice), and I think Ron has changed since when he was here. He has family here too and he could tend to his daughter. Unfortunately though, SAC would probably have no business with that deal and Pacers fans wouldn't welcome Ron back. But hey, it's something to think about if we're focused on being a playoff team instead of getting a high lottery pick.
I like Garcia....but I think that we have more players that can do what he can do....but very few players that can do what Harrison can do.

I'm not saying that Harrison is untouchable....but given our Big Man rotation....Harrison is ahead of Murphy in the lineup.

Anthem
12-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Better yet, Murphy for Artest?
:banhim:

There aren't many 1-for-1 Murphy trades I'd say no to.

But he77 no.

avoidingtheclowns
12-08-2007, 05:10 PM
:banhim:

There aren't many 1-for-1 Murphy trades I'd say no to.

But he77 no.

now wait wait wait... what happened to your insane hatred of murphy???? ;)

now about artest...

this summer when people were posting the "i wish i was back in indy" articles involving artest i would have been absolutely against it.

but i could possibly be a little more open to it for a few reasons:

1) what have we collectively said about artest? that he needs to be traded halfway thru each season because he can usually behave himself that long...we're now approaching half a season left

2) since his suspension, he has been playing fantastic defense and being fairly efficient on the offensive end... two things we could use

3) exp. contract for murphy's very expensive/lengthy deal

4) his daughter -- makes him possibly a sympathetic figure to pacer fans and the people of indianapolis and his daughter is in indy... could be a derek fisher scenario

5) we could continue our ALL-SF plan without skipping a beat

6) o'brien / tinsley factor -- most wanted to ship tinsley out but he has become a player that people on this board are now discussing "allstar" possibilities... so vilified players can change. same could be said for hulk. o'brien would probably love artest's skills as he's a defender first that can put up big numbers. o'brien is also the sort of disciplinarian that could handle artest.

it isn't a no-brainer but i also wouldn't dismiss it like i used to. i also think they could find a better deal out there than taking murphy's massive contract.

tinsley / quis / diener / owens
dunleavy / rush
granger / williams / graham
artest / diogu
o'neal / foster / harrison

Lord Helmet
12-08-2007, 05:36 PM

I'd rather not give Ron another chance to fully destroy and end this franchise, thank you.

aceace
12-08-2007, 05:50 PM
As good as he is... there's no way I would want Artest here. We can win without him. This became obvious in Orlando last night. We should have beat Phx also if not for the Canadien phenom getting a call against Quis and hitting a running 3. I like what we have now and when Ike comes back to reclaim the lane we will only be better.

JayRedd
12-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm not a doctor, but I doubt that Sacramento would ever trade an elite player on an expiring contract for a crappy player with a ginormous, never-ending contract.

bellisimo
12-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Artest is like that one ex - the sex is great but damn the mental BS she brought to the table....

Anthem
12-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Artest is like that one ex - the sex is great but damn the mental BS she brought to the table....
:puke: Hopefully not TOO like...

Anthem
12-08-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm not a doctor, but I doubt that Sacramento would ever trade an elite player on an expiring contract for a crappy player with a ginormous, never-ending contract.
I'd settle for Kevin Martin then... :D

Actually, I'd trade anybody on our team not named Tinsley for Kevin Martin.

Not that Sacto would bite...

Arcadian
12-08-2007, 10:34 PM
:puke: Hopefully not TOO like...

I laughed.

FlavaDave
12-09-2007, 04:56 AM
I stand firmly by my preseason prediction of New Jersey not making the playoffs. Aging hall of famer, disinterested Carter with a bloated contract, two key players coming off injury, a coach who has reached his ceiling, an impending franchise move...............