PDA

View Full Version : MUST READ FOR ALL PACER FANS: FLASH PACERS-KNICKS....

sweabs
05-31-2004, 12:06 AM
g

Mourning
05-31-2004, 12:07 AM
True! We are not at all dead and buried yet. :dancers: .

I will have my :fingerscrossed: who with me?

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

sweabs
05-31-2004, 12:12 AM
g

Shade
05-31-2004, 12:14 AM
Keep getting your hopes up, Sassan. I guarantee you'll feel worse than I do after Tuesday. I'm not going to fall for that trap again.

sweabs
05-31-2004, 12:18 AM
g

Hicks
05-31-2004, 12:19 AM
I AM SICK OF ALL YOU BANDWAGON FAIRWEATHER FANS WHEN PACERS LOSE A GAME...

And a lot of us are sick of you throwing out that accusation just because you'd claim the Pacers were winning the title even if the starting 5 got ran over by a bus tomorrow.

able
05-31-2004, 12:20 AM
Caps lock is near the left side of your keyboard. :D.

IT IS CALLED SHOWING EMOTION

it is called shouting and kids that shout get send to bed early

or are otherwise forcefully silenced by adults around them,
can't you even take a friendly hint?

sweabs
05-31-2004, 12:24 AM
f

Shade
05-31-2004, 12:26 AM

Look, I am not here to please you fans who jump off the bandwagon and jump right back on after we win a game. Hicks can hate me and be mean all he wants, I don't care, he is some online guy just like you. I am here to support my team. We are down 3-2 but it is far from over. There are too many bandwagon, fairweather fans who always jump off the bandwagon. Do you think I take anything on here personally? Let Game 6 to end before declaring the series over. Too many of you guys declared the series over after game 3. I stick by my team and am a true fan. I will go wear a Pacers jersey tonight when I go out, because i'm proud and loyal.

You're still young. Your heart hasn't been crushed enough for it to have hardened yet.

Ignorance is indeed bliss. :cool: :(

Hicks
05-31-2004, 12:27 AM
Who the hell said I was off the bandwagon? Who the hell said there was a bandwagon to begin with? I created this mother****ing website in HONOR of this God Damned team. How ****ing fairweathered is that?

able
05-31-2004, 12:30 AM

Look, I am not here to please you fans who jump off the bandwagon and jump right back on after we win a game. Hicks can hate me and be mean all he wants, I don't care, he is some online guy just like you. I am here to support my team. We are down 3-2 but it is far from over. There are too many bandwagon, fairweather fans who always jump off the bandwagon. Do you think I take anything on here personally? Let Game 6 to end before declaring the series over. Too many of you guys declared the series over after game 3. I stick by my team and am a true fan. I will go wear a Pacers jersey tonight when I go out, because i'm proud and loyal.

You are nothing but an immature twit.

You can wear a pacer jersey, no doubt #31, and think you are a fan, but in your imagination only, like the kid pretending the hallway is the highway.

let me help you here: it is not the highway and if daddy or the uncle visiting step their big feet on your little car, they do so because your little care should not have been there in the first place, that's why they gave you your own room where nobody would trot on your cars.

Stop insulting people here who were fans of this team before you were born and will be long after you changed favorites.

People letting of steam in here is an adult thing to do, no snotnosed twits needed to tell them differently.

I don't agree with negativism, but at least I allow for it, since I'm none to happy either at the moment, saying differently would be a lie.

grow up, the world does not end at the corner of the block, it goes a lot further.

Shade
05-31-2004, 12:32 AM
Who the hell said I was off the bandwagon? Who the hell said there was a bandwagon to begin with? I created this mother****ing website in HONOR of this God Damned team. How ****ing fairweathered is that?

Yeah, the Pacers bandwagon, lol. :rolleyes:

THERE...IS...NO...SUCH...THING.

Shade
05-31-2004, 12:37 AM
Look Hicks, brother, I didn't call you a bandwagon. I am referring to others. Anyways, I am 20 years old, have been a Pacer fan since I have been 11. I live in Southern California, always have; so I became a Pacer and Reggie fan on my own. My heart has been crushed throughout the years Shade, so don't say that. My heart has been crushed over and over and over and over. I am 20, and I am more successful in real life, /business, than 90% of you people on this board. You don't know me, so please don't judge. Trust me, I love the PACERS and I am tired of people bashing Reggie; PEOPLE without Reggie we wouldn't be here! We would have lost game 1 and not had all those memories of all those great years, and Reggie allowed all these young players to develop. As I said, let Pacers lost game 6 before we start talking about next season. We do have the best road record for a reason!

We're all very thankful for all that Reggie has done for this team, this city, and this franchise -- there's no doubting that. But his time has passed. It pains me a lot to say that, and part of the reason I'm taking this so hard is because I wanted us to win it this year FOR HIM.

sweabs
05-31-2004, 12:42 AM
f

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 12:43 AM
I AM SICK OF ALL YOU BANDWAGON FAIRWEATHER FANS WHEN PACERS LOSE A GAME...

And a lot of us are sick of you throwing out that accusation just because you'd claim the Pacers were winning the title even if the starting 5 got ran over by a bus tomorrow.

I think were all sick it and I feel your pain Hicks , I think it's fine to be objective and honest about your feelings and not be a blind fan.

we have some issues at the moment that might mean we lose this series and that doesn't make you less of a fan or not have faith...It's called accepting a possiable reality..

able
05-31-2004, 12:46 AM
I am 20, and I am more successful in real life, /business, than 90% of you people on this board.

And you would know this HOW?

because he is hosting the board, created it and wears a reggie jersey

for gawd sake, he's 20, obviously hindered in some way, leave him. and hope he leaves us, If he is that succesfull perhaps some classes in netiquette and typing might help, forget the spelling, foreigners do better then most native english writers anyway :D

sweabs
05-31-2004, 12:48 AM
g

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 12:57 AM
Some please push the Red button and discard this garbage post ;)

Millerartest
05-31-2004, 12:58 AM
I find it more disrespectful when Pacer fans insult each other after a loss than when they insult the players or the team.

Hoop
05-31-2004, 01:00 AM
Come on guys, he's been a Pacer fan a long time, leave him alone.

sweabs
05-31-2004, 01:01 AM
g

able
05-31-2004, 01:02 AM

If it wasn't the umpteenth time in one week he did this: calling other fans bandwagoneers and such, i'd have no problem, but he is getting up my nose and it's time to use a hanky.

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 01:10 AM

9 years ? he's just a feshman compare to alot of us on here , no one on this forum has the right to say who is a bigger pacers fan or question where ones heart is with the Pacers .

To be going around this forum typing in all caps calling people a disgrace , bandwagon fans and fairweather fans it's totally unacceptable.

sweabs
05-31-2004, 01:12 AM
g

Hoop
05-31-2004, 01:13 AM

9 years ? he's just a feshman compare to alot of us on here , no one on this forum has the right to say who is a bigger pacers fan or question where ones heart is with the Pacers .

To be going around this forum typing in all caps calling people a disgrace , bandwagon fans and fairweather fans it's totally unacceptable.

Fair enough. :blush:

ChicagoJ
05-31-2004, 03:00 AM
I find it more disrespectful when Pacer fans insult each other after a loss than when they insult the players or the team.

Does this thread really exist? By the way, what I quoted is a great point.

XxSaSsXx31, someone is probably going to sit you down for a while and give you a nice lecture on how to respect your elders.

For some of this, its more than a team, and this is more than just a waste of cyberspace.

I just endured Pistons fans chanting "Your last home game" to me at 'my arena.'

I'm in a very bad mood, so I'm going to walk away before I deliver that lecture right now. In the meantime, you might want to consider 'thinking' before you hit the submit button. Many of the regulars around here are already practicing that skill.

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 04:29 AM
You don't know me, so please don't judge.

Sounds like someone needs to practice what they PREACH

PaceBalls
05-31-2004, 05:42 AM
May Reggie Miller make you all eat your words and Sas go down in glory.

Go Pacers!

Mourning
05-31-2004, 06:30 AM
Ok, people we are ALL fans here :angel:. Lets safe this stuff for obnoxious people from other teams. Every Pacersfan is probably having a hard time rightnow, we all have different ways of dealing with dissappointment, but we ALL LOVE THIS TEAM, so there is no need for jabbing at each other.

The only other fan I would take jabs at are those who declare us "dead" b4 anything has happenned really or who overestimate all opponents and underestimate us ;) .

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

JOneal7
05-31-2004, 08:03 AM
Well i woke up this morning and i feel like theres nothing left. You know? I see a defeated team? if you can't get gassed for games where guys guarantee victorys on your home court and games that decide pretty much a series then your in trouble. What does rick carlisle change? I don't know. But hopefully it's for the better. Cause if not. It's over

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 08:44 AM
May Reggie Miller make you all eat your words and Sas go down in glory.

Go Pacers!

I think your missing the point of why alot of people are upset with XxSaSsXx31 line of posting the the past week or so, I am sure anyone who has critized Reggie lately would love to eat some crow.

ALL YOU FAIRWEATHER BANDWAGON FANS.

:rolleyes:

[b]I AM SICK OF ALL YOU BANDWAGON FAIRWEATHER FANS

I am more successful in real life, /business, than 90% of you people on this board.

I am probably the biggest Pacer fan on here.

Pacer fans who don't think we can win it and will win it are a disgrace to be Pacer fans.

uncle buck, YOU ARE THE DAMN IDIOT. DON'T CALL ME AN IDIOT YOU AJ LOVER. A.J. IS A DISGRACE AND LIABILITY FOR THIS TEAM. HE IS A POINT GUARD THAT DOESNT KNOW HOW TO DRIBBLE AND LOVES TO THROW THE BALL AWAY. WHEN TINSLEY RAN THE OFFENSE, IT RAN SMOOTHLY AND GOOD...A.J. RUINED US.

why are you people so ignorant? just watch the game and see how horrible A.J. runs the offense. He should go back to the CBA that lil fat smuck

:o

You don't know me, so please don't judge.

I pays to lead by example , you have done nothing but judge people

sweabs
05-31-2004, 08:57 AM
g

MSA2CF
05-31-2004, 11:29 AM
KNICKS WERE DOWN 3-2 GOING BACK TO INDY. EVERYONE COUNTED THE KNICKS OUT AND IT LOOKED LIKE INDY WAS GOING TO MAKE THE FINALS...PACERS LOST GAME 6 AND 7. MY POINT IS, PACERS HAVE THE BEST ROAD RECORD IN THE LEAGUE FOR A REASON. IF WE GO TO DETROIT AND PLAY HARD AND STEAL GAME 6...IT SEEMS UNLIKELY BUT IT IS VERY POSSIBLE...WE CAN VERY WELL SEND IT BACK TO INDY FOR A GAME 7 AND ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. I AM SICK OF ALL YOU BANDWAGON FAIRWEATHER FANS WHEN PACERS LOSE A GAME...WE PLAYED A BAD GAME...WE MIGHT LOSE TUESDAY NIGHT BUT WAIT UNTIL THE FINAL HORN SOUNDS.

This may be the first post with all capital letters that I have ever agreed with. :cheers:

Hicks
05-31-2004, 11:35 AM
KNICKS WERE DOWN 3-2 GOING BACK TO INDY. EVERYONE COUNTED THE KNICKS OUT AND IT LOOKED LIKE INDY WAS GOING TO MAKE THE FINALS...PACERS LOST GAME 6 AND 7. MY POINT IS, PACERS HAVE THE BEST ROAD RECORD IN THE LEAGUE FOR A REASON. IF WE GO TO DETROIT AND PLAY HARD AND STEAL GAME 6...IT SEEMS UNLIKELY BUT IT IS VERY POSSIBLE...WE CAN VERY WELL SEND IT BACK TO INDY FOR A GAME 7 AND ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. I AM SICK OF ALL YOU BANDWAGON FAIRWEATHER FANS WHEN PACERS LOSE A GAME...WE PLAYED A BAD GAME...WE MIGHT LOSE TUESDAY NIGHT BUT WAIT UNTIL THE FINAL HORN SOUNDS.

This may be the first post with all capital letters that I have ever agreed with. :cheers:

So you agree the rest of us are fairweather bandwagon fans, huh? Nice.

MSA2CF
05-31-2004, 11:47 AM

Nope...I read it as though he says that he's sick of all "you" bandwagon fairweather fans..." I believe we all know who those people are. It doesn't apply to "everyone else," just the bandwagoners.

Hicks
05-31-2004, 11:50 AM

Nope...I read it as though he says that he's sick of all "you" bandwagon fairweather fans..." I believe we all know who those people are. It doesn't apply to "everyone else," just the bandwagoners.

I wouldn't call a single person here a bandwagoner.

Shade
05-31-2004, 11:52 AM
Once again:

There is no such thing as a Pacers bandwagon.

Suaveness
05-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Once again:

There sure isn't.

MSA2CF
05-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Once again:

It's a metaphorical term.

Definition of Metaphorical (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=metaphorical)

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 11:56 AM

Thank You and no one has a right too ethier :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

leon
05-31-2004, 11:58 AM
If I could get back to the original topic, this series does remind me of that 1994 series with the Knicks but in a different way.

In 1994 we had that huge win in the Garden when Reggie scored 25 in the fourth quarter, and all of the sudden we had a chance to go to the finals. But we weren't ready at that time. The Knicks came in with a look in their eyes that they weren't going to lose and they took it too us. They were a little bit tougher physically and mentally and were more experienced than the Pacers at that time.

That's how I feel about this series. The Pistons are just a little tougher, a little more seasoned, and the Pacers aren't ready for that next step yet. That's okay, I believe they will get there.

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 12:00 PM
[quote]those Pacer fans who boo the Pacers players on their home court...I consider them fair weather...never boo your team.

Funny when did they Boo them ? I have been to every playoff game since round 2 and I have never heard Pacers Fans boo the Team

Suaveness
05-31-2004, 12:00 PM

Wow, you wouldn't. All those people who disrespected Reggie Miller and the Indiana Pacers, and have said "stick a fork in the season and of Reggie Miller"; those type of individuals I consider fair weather fans....those Pacer fans who boo the Pacers players on their home court...I consider them fair weather...never boo your team.

You have to understand that we are PEOPLE. People get upset. Obviously, you have some sort of mental incapacity to do so. Most people get upset when we lose like this. How else do you plan on reacting?

No one is a bandwagon fan. Get over it.

bulletproof
05-31-2004, 12:03 PM

Hicks, the only thing you pulled from that was "fair-weather bandwagon fans?" I read that and see a fan who's trying not to get too down on his team after a humiliating loss. I read that and see a fan who's trying to counter all the doom and gloom that has descended upon this forum with a modicum of optimism.

The people who would single out the words "fair-weather bandwagon fans" and find them disparaging are those for whom those words might apply. I know where I stand as a fan, so I take no offense to this post whatsoever. Time for a gut check, people.

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 12:08 PM
If you want real GLoom and Doom goto the Indystar , This site is tame.

MSA2CF
05-31-2004, 12:10 PM
Hopefully, the Pacers repeat history, except this time, the Pacers are the Knicks and the Pistons are the Pacers.

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 12:11 PM
I take it harder than anybody else on here

Once again another ME ME statement

Hicks
05-31-2004, 12:36 PM
Hicks, the only thing you pulled from that was "fair-weather bandwagon fans?" I read that and see a fan who's trying not to get too down on his team after a humiliating loss. I read that and see a fan who's trying to counter all the doom and gloom that has descended upon this forum with a modicum of optimism.

The people who would single out the words "fair-weather bandwagon fans" and find them disparaging are those for whom those words might apply. I know where I stand as a fan, so I take no offense to this post whatsoever. Time for a gut check, people.

He's insinuating that anyone who voices negative opinions about this team if a fairweather bandwagoner. As someone who will voice negative opinions, of course it's gonna jump out at me.

waterjater
05-31-2004, 01:18 PM
On topic- This does remind me of that series and I hope we bring that Knicks attitude to game 6 or the season will be over.

Off topic- Stop this bandwagon BS, I'm 38 and don't have time to read through all this BS.

A bandwagon fan is someone who floats from one team to another always cheering for the favorite. They were a Bulls fan with MJ, Lakers with Magic, Yankees, etc. NO ONE ON THIS BOARD IS A BANDWAGON FAN and TO QUESTION OUR LOYALTY IS AN INSULT AND WRONG.

Sassan, your heart is in the right place and Reggie is one of the BIG reasons our franchise has been turned around and great for the past 10 years. But Larry Brown, Larry Bird, Donnie Walsh, Byron Scott, Dale Davis, Rik Smits, Joneal ETC ETC can all be considered KEY reasons for our success as well.

Before Larry Brown, the PACERS WERE Average to Horrible and all of us 20+ year olds remember those days with good and very bad memories. As a Pacer fan, I never thought I'd ever see us reach the NBA finals much less have a 2nd shot at it. The game 3 I flew back to Indiana from Calif was probably my greatest moment as a sports fan.

Most everyone here is AN EXTEMELY LOYAL Fan and based upon the thread about when and where you became a fan, WE'VE been here for an Average of 20+ Years. THAT IS LOYALTY!!!!

Water

ChicagoJ
05-31-2004, 10:14 PM
-snip-
Over 9 years yes...but note I do not live in Indiana, I live in Southern California...and when I was younger I took a lot of heat for being a Pacer fan (during middle school etc); I stood by Reggie and my PACERS throughout the thick and thin....Reggie and the PACERS are my heart, especially during this time of year...and it makes me SICK when people say "Reggie sucks" and disrespect Reggie Miller when all he has done is built this franchise, and made so many sacrifices.

Look, Mr. Clueless:

Reggie Miller did not make this franchise.

If any one person gets credit for 'making' this franchise, its Slick Leonard.

Since you're so smart and so successful, and since you love the Pacers so much, then I'd expect you to recognize and acknowledge that fact. Reggie may rank in the top-five in franchise history, as Donnie Walsh, David Craig, and Chuck Person each deserve a significant amount of credit for thier contributions over the years as well, along with the three guys with retired jerseys who actually delivered some championships, and even that :censor: Celtic Larry Bird.

When you were born, this team was winning a whopping twenty games per season (think: today's Washington Wizards) but a large number of us on here were already long-time fans of the Pacers. Nobody that's only been a fan for nine years is going to call me a bandwagon jumper just because you don't approve of how I express my passion for the Pacers.

With anything you love, there are times you are going to be disappointed, and there are times you are going to be mad. And since we're going on thirty years without a championship, the negativity may outweigh all the positive stuff from time-to-time.

Just because you're cheering for the Pacers doesn't make you any less of a troll.

:unimpressed:

bulletproof
05-31-2004, 11:03 PM
Over 9 years yes...but note I do not live in Indiana, I live in Southern California...and when I was younger I took a lot of heat for being a Pacer fan (during middle school etc); I stood by Reggie and my PACERS throughout the thick and thin....Reggie and the PACERS are my heart, especially during this time of year...and it makes me SICK when people say "Reggie sucks" and disrespect Reggie Miller when all he has done is built this franchise, and made so many sacrifices.

Look, Mr. Clueless:

If any one person gets credit for 'making' this franchise, its Donnie Walsh.

Since you're so smart and so successful, and since you love the Pacers so much, then I'd expect you to recognize and acknowledge that fact. Reggie may rank in the top-five in franchise history, as Donnie Walsh, David Craig, and Chuck Person each deserve a significant amount of credit for thier contributions over the years as well, along with the three guys with retired jerseys who actually delivered some championships, and even that :censor: Celtic Larry Bird.

When you were born, this team was winning a whopping twenty games per season (think: today's Washington Wizards) but a large number of us on here were already long-time fans of the Pacers. Nobody that's only been a fan for nine years is going to call me a bandwagon jumper just because you don't approve of how I express my passion for the Pacers.

With anything you love, there are times you are going to be disappointed, and there are times you are going to be mad. And since we're going on thirty years without a championship, the negativity may outweigh all the positive stuff from time-to-time.

Just because you're cheering for the Pacers doesn't make you any less of a troll.

I edited your post, Jay. ;)

JOneal7
05-31-2004, 11:11 PM
Once again:

There sure isn't.
I am :unimpressed:
Just ask KStat or this dude above who is obsessed with reggie miller. I bet if he wasn't on the pacers , he wouldn't even be a fan. LOL

*waites for him to respond about his life and how he reps to the fullest and how i'd probably not be a fan if JO wasn't on the team* lol...

Hicks
05-31-2004, 11:12 PM

Look, Mr. Clueless:

If it weren't for Slick, the Pacers wouldn't even be here for Walsh to work for.

:)

ChicagoJ
05-31-2004, 11:18 PM

Look, Mr. Clueless:

Since you're so smart and so successful, and since you love the Pacers so much, then I'd expect you to recognize and acknowledge that fact. Reggie may rank in the top-five in franchise history, as Slick Leonard, David Craig, and Chuck Person each deserve a significant amount of credit for thier contributions over the years as well, along with the three guys with retired jerseys who actually delivered some championships, and even that :censor: Celtic Larry Bird.

:laugh:

I guess I'm fine with your edit, bp. But you missed the corresponding edit in the next paragraph, which I also highlighted above.

I was actually debating between DW and Slick, and I picked Slick for two reasons, (1) delivering three ABA championships; and (2) hosting the telethon to save the franchise in the late-seventies. But since 1986, clearly DW deserves far more credit than anyone not named Simon (and maybe even the guys named Simon.)

Anthem
06-01-2004, 01:30 AM
Well man - I just take offense to his comment and I'm sure a lot of others do too. He doesn't know me, nor anyone else on this board well enough to make a judgement like that.

I don't take offense... he's a kid. He's honest, but wrong. It's okay.... kids do that. Not worth taking offense over.

Sassan, you may be 20, but you don't act like it. We do appreciate, though, that you've left off the bold and caps. Welcome to adult conversation.

Scary thought... Maybe I DID act that way when I was 20, and didn't realize how childish I was being? :o

:devil:

ChicagoJ
06-01-2004, 10:34 AM
I dunno. When I was twenty, I wanted to talk to as many long-time fans as I could meet, so I could soak up as much of thier knowledge as I could. I certainly know I never talked down to them.

Maybe its just me. Or maybe its just the Internet that allows some people's 'natural jerk' to come out.

:whoknows:

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 12:44 PM
This may bring a smile to someone's face:

http://www.uib.no/People/mpkpg/indiana/video/regny.mov