PDA

View Full Version : final exams

idioteque
12-06-2007, 12:16 PM
:morning:

Anyone else dealing with finals right now?

This **** all comes at you at once. It's like that every semester, it works like clockwork. Sunday morning, I was waking up in my apartment, and realized I had to write about 30 pages of research within 10 days.

george washington university final exams are especially tenuous, since i have to take them until december 18th. all my friends from indiana get out significantly earlier than that.

we also have no fall break and a bunch of other stupid ****. but we get president's day off, which is just ridiculous and its an ego trip of the administration.

sweabs
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
3 down, 2 more to go!

I'll be done on the 15th.

It sucks. This is my fifth year through it and it never gets any better. Although, when I think back to my first year, it sure seems a lot easier now in terms of preparation.

JayRedd
12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
No exams for me...but got a bunch of papers to write. On the home stretch now though (hopefully). Probably only a few more 3 am nights.

ajbry
12-06-2007, 01:00 PM
I only have a couple exams coming up but there's always papers, extra credit, and other stuff to worry about when it gets down to the wire.

Since86
12-06-2007, 01:47 PM
I've got two monday, and one tuesday, then I'm D-U-N done until Jan. 7th!

I have a project due tomorrow that I haven't even started on, but oh well.

Trader Joe
12-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Let's see I've got six finals this semester starting tomorrow and not ending until the 14th.

obnoxiousmodesty
12-06-2007, 02:15 PM
I had to write 3 papers earlier this week for final projects. I have 2 finals through December 15th, and one essay final due the 12th. I cannot wait for this semester to end.

sweabs
12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
One more to go. Tomorrow, 9am. Of course, there's a Raptors/Pacers game on tonight when I need to desperately study.

Young
12-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Finals blow. I hate tests, but especially ones that can break your grade.

It wasn't bad for me this semester. Will be much worse next semester i'm sure.

Trader Joe
12-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Finished today. Feels good to relax.

obnoxiousmodesty
12-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Just finished. Thank goodness. It's been my worst semester in years, but I still hope to pull a 3.0... maybe.

Stryder
12-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Wait until you guys/gals get into the real world...

idioteque
12-15-2007, 12:26 PM

Been there...and it's easier than college. Yes you do more work during the day but if you can forget about your job at 6 pm or so until 8am the next day, I'll take that over studying into the wee hours of the morning.

Stryder
12-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Been there...and it's easier than college. Yes you do more work during the day but if you can forget about your job at 6 pm or so until 8am the next day, I'll take that over studying into the wee hours of the morning.

That really depends on what type of career you enter...

Trader Joe
12-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Lets see this finals week alone the earliest I got to bed was 3 AM ONCE and the latest I got up in the morning was 7:45. I'd take my 9 to 5 over the summer anyday of the week.

sweabs
12-16-2007, 10:53 AM
I think being a student is pretty good. You put up with absolute *****, non-stop work, late hours, constant research, etc. for a solid 4 months at a time, but how nice is it to get the time off, with absolutely nothing to worry about.

obnoxiousmodesty
12-16-2007, 03:14 PM
I work 40+ hours a week and go to college full-time. Anytime I'm not doing both at the same time feels like a dream vacation.

TheDon
12-17-2007, 06:16 AM
like your sig obnoxious that was a really good series

bellisimo
12-17-2007, 06:22 AM

i second that...

sure you are dealing with exams - but the rest of the period is a bit more relaxed...plus SUMMER VACATION!

I've yet to take a day off from work and have been working on national holidays on top of it...

enjoy your time at school and choose your career wisely :D

indygeezer
12-17-2007, 07:03 AM
Mrs. Geezer has 6 different finals to write. It took 7 hrs to write the 1st one and now, two weeks later, she finished the last one last night after leaving our family Christmas party early.

She has to give the finals, then give make-ups to sick kids, then get them all graded and on the report cards by Friday. In the meantime, Geezer Jr. and Geezerette are both clamouring for computer time to get projects and papers done. Why they don't use my laptop is beyond me.

Geezer Jr. is also having to complete reading 5 books (this last one is One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest) for a literary comparison he has to write.

In the meantime....I do the cooking and try to stay out of the way, because at this time of year Mrs. G gets real "testy" and easily provoked.

Students aren't the only ones that hate finals.

bellisimo
12-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Students aren't the only ones that hate finals.

indeed - went out to party this weekend - but my friends couldn't come out...they're too busy with exams...:rolleyes: