PDA

View Full Version : Piston Fans on TV...SICKENING!

JOneal7
05-30-2004, 11:14 PM
I could hear them over our crowd! chanting PISTONS! PISTONS! PISTONS!
all i saw to counter was some guy holding his reggie miller jersey in the thick of them. I was like how sick is that? where were our fans?
:(

Kstat
05-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Pistons fans road-trip in the playoffs, happens every year. If I'm crazy enough to drive down to Indy, I'm sure others are too.

Jermaniac
05-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Our play off crowd is as loud as Atlants

Hicks
05-30-2004, 11:17 PM
I wish there was a limit to the amount of road fans allowed to a game. It was nauseating having to listen to part of the crowd erupt at our house evertime something good happened to the Pistons.

Reminds me of the stories I've been told about the Celtic fans in the early 90s.

Kstat
05-30-2004, 11:18 PM
I wish there was a limit to the amount of road fans allowed to a game. It was nauseating having to listen to part of the crowd erupt at our house evertime something good happened to the Pistons.

Reminds me of the stories I've been told about the Celtic fans in the early 90s.

So do what we do: buy all the tickets before the other guys do lol :D

JOneal7
05-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Kinda like college football? where they allow them so many tickets to the game to sell i ngroups? yeah. Just amazing that's all. UHG! I Can't stand that rasheed wallace. There has to be some way we can win game 6! :(

Fool
05-30-2004, 11:29 PM
They do try to prevent road teams fans from buying tickets. Ticket Master (The evil corporation that it is) blocks orders from credit cards with billing addresses in Michigan (for Indiana home games in this series). Its not an uncommon thing its just usually not needed as much as it has been in this series (as away games are not usually so close to the away team's home city).

Shade
05-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Our play off crowd is as loud as Atlants

That is what is TRULY sickening.

DTropps
05-30-2004, 11:36 PM
I went to game #3 in Milwaukee this year.

On a side note that I think every fan here can appreciate...
When I was at Milwaukee they were giving fans ONE THUNDERSTICK at our entrace. Our half of the arena had only one thunderstick a person. That didn't bother me. I didn't pick one up (I hate thundersticks. I'd rather use my own hands).The other side did. Our entrance apparently never understood that fans need two of them and I even told them that.

It was pretty funny.

MagicRat
05-31-2004, 12:06 AM
Well, it was pretty sickening there, too, although they didn't cause any problems around me.

Apparently Pistons fans were a little more excited about buying tickets after game 2 than Pacer fans were.........

PaceBalls
05-31-2004, 12:41 AM
well close to the floor I thought the fans were great. Near the raftors seemed a little rowdy with piston freaks, but I couldn't even hear them where I was sitting.

There were ALOT of pistons fans there though. It was kinda like an atlanta cubs game in atlanta, but not as bad, but close

Walking past the Hard Rock Cafe a whole angry mob of Piston fans starting yelling Artest sucks! at me as I walked by with my #23Jersey on. I of course yelled Chauncey sucks right back at em as loud as I could, with my mom with me even lol. Anyway, that should explain the atmosphere.

Hoosiers are just too nice. Pacers fans would get shot and robbed doing that in downtown detroit.

Ultimate Frisbee
05-31-2004, 12:48 AM
Yeah... somehow I got stuck in the middle of all the Pistons fans... grrrr....... If this were a different city a bunch of them would be in the hostpital right now...

kybjones
05-31-2004, 04:59 PM
That, sir, is the downside of Internet ticket sales for weekend games. Another reason why MOST ticket offices sell from the ticket office in person only for 24 hours before going on sale online.

Why the Pacers haven't figured this one out is beyond me.

If Game 3, 4, or 6 would have been on a Saturday or Sunday you'd see a decent Blue & Gold turnout. Friday's game was just too close to many people's work schedule to make the trip.

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Funny everytime I bought my tickets this Round at ticketmaster I seen It say Tickets will not be sold to Michigan Residents , I even have seen some Detriot fans complain about it this series also. What Happen Last night was the scaplers sold alot of tickets to detriot fans and I seen pacers fans selling there tickets , I was offered 600.00 for my ticket which cost 84.00 , Balcony level seats were going for a min of 150.00 and as high as 300.00

No way in Hell I was selling my Ticket

Hicks
05-31-2004, 05:54 PM
$516 profit? Damn, I'd have to think about that one! :o (Am poor college kid)

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 05:59 PM
$516 profit? Damn, I'd have to think about that one! :o (Am poor college kid)

I thought about it ..trust me but it possiably being the last home game of the season and the other fact it was a detriot fan ...I just couldn't do it