PDA

View Full Version : If it were me I'd have a roomate named bubba right now.

indygeezer
12-04-2007, 06:05 PM
I'd a been hauled off in handcuffs ina heartbeat........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A co-worker got pulled over by a Policeman this AM

1)Expired plates

2)Burned out tailight

3) Expired drivers license (actually suspended from an accident last summer while driving w/o insurance)

4) No insurance

----------------------

He let her off with a warning ticket.

bellisimo
12-04-2007, 06:41 PM
does she by any chance look like Stacey? ;)

Lord Helmet
12-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Hooray Law Enforcement!

heywoode
12-04-2007, 07:31 PM
If that is a true story, the officer should be disciplined. Something written that stays in the employment file. Absolutely no excuse.

That second pullover for no insurance is something they issue an arrest warrant for. You don't get taken to jail right then necessarily, but you will have a warrant and have to either report to jail so you can be booked and bond out, or you will be served a warrant and taken to jail at a later date, after it has been in front of a judge.

I'm not going to go on any more of a rant than that, but I can tell you that really bothers me if it is true.

indygeezer
12-04-2007, 09:37 PM
True enough as far as I know, but.......I wonder if her license was actually suspended after the accident this spring. She didn't have insurance but it occured in a mall parking lot and someone backed into her car side. Was it ever really reported??????

At the least tho...her license was expired, that I saw...and I know for a fact that she still doesn't have insurance.

So at the very least we have

expired license
expired plates
no insurance
burned out taillight

and she got a warning ticket and yes, I saw that too.

The warning was for the plates. In order to get plates she has to have insurance. In order to get insurance she has to have a valid drivers license. So I guess that will pretty much mke her "legal", for a while anyway.

heywoode
12-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Well, someone can have an expired license and that is just a citation. If it is suspended, I don't know how they can legally let someone drive away from the traffic stop, and the same goes for no insurance. I would think that the insurance companies would frown on not impounding the vehicle. Had she gotten in an accident (her fault or not), the police would be assuming some liability for not impounding the vehicle.

The tail light is easily a warning the first time, and the expired plate could be a warning with everything else in order (valid, non-expired license and valid insurance)...All of those things in one traffic stop seems like too much to let go with a warning.

I'm all for the police having discretion for some things. I trust them to make a situational call on most occasions, but I'm almost certain that the insurance situation is something that could get an officer in a heap of trouble for not enforcing...

By and large, especially in my small town, the police do a great job and I commend them on what they do. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape for something that I don't really know the facts about. It does make me wonder though...

The Toxic Avenger
12-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Two Years ago I was being followed by a local police officer.
Now, I have a bit of a phobia so I slowed to EXACTLY the speed limit, (I know, I know. Huge mistake) watched my turn signals and so on...
After a while of waiting for me to fail he finally pulls me over for having expired plates. (Which I really did have)

Now I realize that It probably looked suspicious that I had expired plates and was obeying the law so diligently BUT...

Even after showing him my license, proof of insurance, me having NO tickets or warnings on file of any kind...

On the 23rd of December my car was searched and impounded leaving me, my girlfriend, and her vicous attack pug in the middle of town at 2:00 A.M.

Have I mentioned that I hate just about everyone?

heywoode
12-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Two Years ago I was being followed by a local police officer.
Now, I have a bit of a phobia so I slowed to EXACTLY the speed limit, (I know, I know. Huge mistake) watched my turn signals and so on...
After a while of waiting for me to fail he finally pulls me over for having expired plates. (Which I really did have)

Now I realize that It probably looked suspicious that I had expired plates and was obeying the law so diligently BUT...

Even after showing him my license, proof of insurance, me having NO tickets or warnings on file of any kind...

On the 23rd of December my car was searched and impounded leaving me, my girlfriend, and her vicous attack pug in the middle of town at 2:00 A.M.

Have I mentioned that I hate just about everyone?

Just to give you an example of why I love living in a small town as opposed to a large town, cops in our town have been known to give someone a ride home after they have impounded the vehicle when they had no choice but to impound it. I think this is an example of small town/big town policing.

Police officers are just human beings like the rest of us, and when they get subjected to seeing and dealing with the worst people of our population, they tend to stop wanting to give the benefit of the doubt. It is only natural, and I don't blame them for it. Heck, I live in a small town and after I have had one of those days where the first several people I have to deal with are not the nicest people, I tend to stop going any farther than I have to with people. Sometimes I have to make myself stop subjecting people to my bad attitude that was created by someone I dealt with previously...

Police officers in large cities have a far tougher job to do than I feel I would capable of doing. I admire them for it, and at the same time I pity them, because I would imagine it is extremely difficult to remain optimistic and good natured after you deal with some of the crap they have to deal with every single day. They have chosen that profession for themselves, but you can't hold them to blame for it. They got into that profession for the right reasons 99.9% of the time.

Especially in this holiday season, when we are all thankful to be able to spend time with family and have some relaxion, my admiration for the men and women of law enforcement, fire, and the military have my utmost respect and admiration. Everyone should take the time to thank someone in uniform for what they do to make it possible for the rest of us to lead our lives in safety. I sometimes take it for granted, but this time of year I really try hard not to.

Gyron
12-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Especially in this holiday season, when we are all thankful to be able to spend time with family and have some relaxion, my admiration for the men and women of law enforcement, fire, and the military have my utmost respect and admiration. Everyone should take the time to thank someone in uniform for what they do to make it possible for the rest of us to lead our lives in safety. I sometimes take it for granted, but this time of year I really try hard not to.

Quoted for Truth.

indygeezer
12-08-2007, 06:36 AM
Everyone but NBC-TV of course.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315944,00.html