PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Scratch

Sollozzo
12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Some jackass vandalized my windshield wiper and turned it inside out. I am getting so upset just thinking about it right now, I could strangle whoever did it. Before I could get it fixed, it rained, and out of reflex i went for the wipers, and the backside of my wiper scratched my windshield. I quickly realized it and turned it off, but it was too late. The wiper wasn't a big deal, I got that replaced for 15 or so dollars. But the windshield scratch is pretty irritating.

Does anyone know if there are any compounds that could get this out? It's not that deep. When I run my fingernail over it, I really don't feel anything, so I don't think it's that bad.

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

I have never understood why people get a thrill out of destroying someones personal property. You don't deserve to live in a society if you behave like an animal. I'm sure they were drunk as this was at an apartment complex in Bloomington (albeit a quiet one though). That doesn't even begin to qualify as an excuse, however. When I am drunk I don't feel any need to destroy people's things.

Trader Joe
12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Myself and all of my friends have had all of our cars vandalized at least once since we have been down here(Bloomington that is).
One friend had a rock thrown through his windshield (twice I believe), another found his rear window shattered, another had the air let out of one of his tires and his windshield was scratched up, and I had my car egged and keyed once.
That sucks. It appears to be a habit of a lot of drunk people down here and I have never understood it.

Gyron
12-04-2007, 05:05 PM
IF you take it to any of the windshield repair shops, they have some type of compound that can actualy fill in glass and you'll never be able to see it was there. They've done it on my car. Its not expensive either. I think it was like $20 to have mine done down here. MUCH cheaper than a new windshield.

Sollozzo
12-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Myself and all of my friends have had all of our cars vandalized at least once since we have been down here(Bloomington that is).
One friend had a rock thrown through his windshield (twice I believe), another found his rear window shattered, another had the air let out of one of his tires and his windshield was scratched up, and I had my car egged and keyed once.
That sucks. It appears to be a habit of a lot of drunk people down here and I have never understood it.

You're definitely on to something, Indy. I've noticed/heard alot about vandalism here. What was so suprising about this was this was at my girlfriends apartment which is a very quiet place and is out of the hot zone. We heard some noise that night as if someone was having a party, and sure enough I walk outside and my wiper is all twisted and mangled.

The problem with IU is that alot of "losers" who don't go to school here (or anywhere) come here to visit and party with their friends who go here and have places here. Now, I know the majority of visitors aren't like this, but there are a great deal of them. You get a whole lot of shady people flooding into here on the weekends. It's a big deal to some of these people to come to IU and party and they go wild and act like savages. If you are of college age and are vandalizing property you are an absolutely pathetic human being. You really are going nowhere in life.

It could have very well been a fellow IU student who did the deed. I just know that alot of people come here to visit friends and act crazy.

Gyron, do you know of any chains that do this? I appreciate your help

Gyron
12-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Sorry this took a couple days to answer. Been very sick so really haven't been reading the boards.

I wouldd think just about any Windshield repair place could do it. I live in North Carolina now, and had mine done by a local company so I'm afraid I'm not much help on the Indy companies.

Sollozzo
12-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Sorry this took a couple days to answer. Been very sick so really haven't been reading the boards.

I wouldd think just about any Windshield repair place could do it. I live in North Carolina now, and had mine done by a local company so I'm afraid I'm not much help on the Indy companies.

Sorry to hear about that Gyron. Hope you feel better. I will check some local businesses out here. Hopefully, I can get it fixed as cheaply as you did.