PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting this thread because I never thought I'd be able to say it: The Pacers lead the league in rebounding!

Hicks
12-04-2007, 04:28 PM
God that feels good to type.

As a season ticket holder I'm now getting this new email feature they're calling Pacers Tip-Off, which previews the next (home?) game.

This one was for tonight, and one of the bulleted stats was the following:

* The Pacers lead the league in rebounding with 46.28 rpg

Nothing more to say really except to reiterate that it feels damn good to read that, and I hope it stays that way all year long. Sweet.

Trader Joe
12-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Yep and its not that surprising if you go an look at our individual rebounding numbers right now. The guys are hitting the glass hard.

naptownmenace
12-04-2007, 04:53 PM
And unlike UncleBuck's prediction, they're getting a lot of offensive rebounds too. ;)

Elgin56
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM

As a season ticket holder I'm now getting this new email feature they're calling Pacers Tip-Off, which previews the next (home?) game.

Nothing more to say really except to reiterate that it feels damn good to read that, and I hope it stays that way all year long. Sweet.

Now that is impressive! I knew that they were doing a good job on the boards, but to lead the league. Wow.

aero
12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
thats an awesome stat to be the top of. next stat we need is shooting % :D

McKeyFan
12-04-2007, 05:30 PM
I'd like to hear some reasons why this is the case. Frankly, I haven't a clue.

:whoknows:

rexnom
12-04-2007, 05:41 PM
No ****. Bravo Jim. Let's keep it up.

indygeezer
12-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Quite frankly I'm stunned. I never woulda thought it could happen.

Thanks for that tidbit...now all I have to harp on is FT shooting ;)

TheDon
12-04-2007, 06:03 PM
It's really quite surprising when you see people like Kaman get at least 20 rebounds everytime he plays us and averages about 15.5 or Dwight Howard getting sometimes in the lower to upper 20's himself. Does anybody else on those teams rebound at all? At any rate i'm proud of the pacers :buddies::happydanc

Shack80
12-04-2007, 06:12 PM
This team has really suprised me, I wonder how long they can keep it up?

CableKC
12-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Looking at thet Stats on the ESPN NBA Web page...what does it mean if the opponent for the Pacers is averaging 45.9 rebounds as well?

Does it mean that although we are leading the league in rebounding, we are letting the opponent pull down 45.9 rebounds as well?

timid
12-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Looking at thet Stats on the ESPN NBA Web page...what does it mean if the opponent for the Pacers is averaging 45.9 rebounds as well?

Does it mean that although we are leading the league in rebounding, we are letting the opponent pull down 45.9 rebounds as well?

Yes

Unclebuck
12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Rebounding % is the only rebounding stat that matters

circlecitysportsfan
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Seasons too late. :mad:

Kegboy
12-05-2007, 08:51 AM
And unlike UncleBuck's prediction, they're getting a lot of offensive rebounds too. ;)

QFT :-p

Rebounding % is the only rebounding stat that matters

Yep, both us and our opponents are getting a lot of rebounds because we're throwing up so many shots.

NuffSaid
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM

And according to the announcers during last night's game against the Suns (12/04/07), they're the 2nd highest scoring team in the East and 9th overall in the league. That's impressive considering they were dead last in FG% last season.

Indianapolis_girly
12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
I love that stat. :) Also loving the fact that we are high up there in PPG.

Moses
12-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I like this Pacers team because I can really seem them making a run to get over .500 very soon. Last year, there was no way we were ever going to get more then 5 games over, but this year feels a bit different. I think we could go on a pretty good streak coming up here.