PDA

View Full Version : Billy King about to be fired

Hicks
12-04-2007, 11:04 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3140664&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Is the Nets GM that much better?

Major Cold
12-04-2007, 11:10 AM
That team is a mess right now. They have youth but very little direction. COuld the 76ers be the next Hawks and the Hawks be the next 76ers.

Anthem
12-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Fire sale!

avoidingtheclowns
12-04-2007, 12:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3140664&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Is the Nets GM that much better?

at least they've made the playoffs lately. that would be an improvement for the 76ers.

naptownmenace
12-04-2007, 12:44 PM
This is long overdue. That article by Bill Simmons on ESPN immediately comes to mind. You know the one where he was writing from the viewpoint of Billy King?

BK is known for signing marginally talented guys like Aaron McKie, Matt Geiger, and Eric Snow to rediculously long contracts. He also traded Iverson for Andre Miller and Joe Smith (and since Smith left it's basically a trade for Miller and a draft pick) - terrible trade. He was the worse GM in the league. I'll never forgive him for that Rasheed Wallace trade to Detroit for basically nothing in return.

idioteque
12-04-2007, 12:46 PM
I would contend that in terms of star power at least, the Nets GM is fairly better than Billy King. The Sixers have no real notable players. After Iguodala and Andre Miller who do they have? Kyle Korver? Samuel Dalembert? Louis Williams? The pool of talent is thin. I guess in a way the same thing could be said for the Pacers, but we're at .500 right now and they've slipped quite a few games under for so early in the season.

NJ's got Kidd, Carter, RJ, and Krstic. All really great players, and yes they've had injuries, but they've been injured for the most part in the span of their current contracts, so it's not like they're signing injury prone guys to longterm deals. They've had some bad luck.

I think it's a decent upgrade for Philly.

As for as speculation with making moves (with the Pacers if there is an impending firesale) it would be almost guarenteed that if we gave them JO we would have to take Dalembert's contract and also Andre Miller (thanks but I'm satisfied with Tinsley). So I don't see it happening.

avoidingtheclowns
12-04-2007, 12:52 PM
This is long overdue. That article by Bill Simmons on ESPN immediately comes to mind. You know the one where he was writing from the viewpoint of Billy King?

BK is known for signing marginally talented guys like Aaron McKie, Matt Geiger, and Eric Snow to rediculously long contracts. He also traded Iverson for Andre Miller and Joe Smith (and since Smith left it's basically a trade for Miller and a draft pick) - terrible trade. He was the worse GM in the league. I'll never forgive him for that Rasheed Wallace trade to Detroit for basically nothing in return.

you can blame a lot on billy king (and i fully encourage doing so) but you probably can't blame atlanta's *****ty trades on him.

naptownmenace
12-04-2007, 12:55 PM
you can blame a lot on billy king (and i fully encourage doing so) but you probably can't blame atlanta's *****ty trades on him.

You know what... you're right. I just had a brain fart.

It's Billy Knight that I'll never forgive with an assist from Danny Ainge.

sweabs
12-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Plus, that Rasheed Wallace trade did include a guy by the name of Josh Smith. And you can't tell me Detroit wouldn't love to have a guy like THAT right now. He's pretty damn good.

JayRedd
12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Really good move for Philly. Would have been better four years ago.

Kstat
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
He was the worse GM in the league. I'll never forgive him for that Rasheed Wallace trade to Detroit for basically nothing in return.

...Josh Smith and Tony Allen is "nothing?"