PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone honestly believe we will still win this series?

Shade
05-30-2004, 10:56 PM
Be honest. :shrug:

sweabs
05-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Being honest...no.

We are just too injured right now. Tinsley and Jermaine are probably two of the most important players for us in this series and they are both playing with SERIOUS injuries.

I have torn my hamstring and couldn't walk. That is why I have so much respect for Jamaal out there even able to walk.

I have hyper extended my leg also playing soccer - and it is not pleasant. But JO is out there like a warrior.

But obviously they aren't nearly as effective as usual and that hurts us. At this point, we are just too beat up, too young, too inexperienced.

Hicks
05-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Injuries = No

75Ranger
05-30-2004, 11:18 PM
Im not 100% sold on Detroit that they can close us out in Game 6 but if I had to bet I would say were done. If you take a look at game 5 and see that the players had no energy, no will to win out there, all the injuries we have,Ron Artest shooting brick after brick and Reggie refusing to shootI just don't think we can win this series anymore.

Young
05-30-2004, 11:18 PM
Time to call it a season.

But i'm proud of what this team did. They made it to the ECF and that has been a great expierence but I think its over, Detroit in 6.

But this team has nothing to be ashamed of. They got 61 wins, best in the league. Now they have a little playoff expierence under their belts. Now its time to get better.

I think this Detroit series is one of the 3 important lessons this team has had in the past 3 playoffs seasons.

- 01-02 playoffs, Pacers [8] vs Nets [1].

We took them to a game 7 and double OT. I will never ever forget Reggie's shot from halfcourt. That was a lesson to this team about the playing leveling you must have to compete in the playoffs. That was really the ECF of that year.

- 02-03, Pacers [3] vs Boston [6].

Indiana found out that the second half of the season is just as important as the first, probably even more. Pacers started out great but fell apart and that carried into the playoffs where they got a lesson by the veteran Boston squad.

- 03-04, Pacers [1] vs Detroit [3].

I think Indiana has found out just how tough you must play in the playoffs in this series. I think we all [atleast I did] found out that this team isn't as good as thought to be for a 61 win team. I expected the finals.

But yet this series isn't over, just focus on hte game in Detroit and then boom baby you are going home for game 7 and a chance of a lifetime, to compete for a worlds championship as Greg Anthony would say.

Artestaholic
05-30-2004, 11:27 PM
The Pistons were down the exact same as the Pacers last season yet they came back to win.
It's not over till its over. If we show up and play our game and play with heart, we win by double digits. But Im seriously questioning the heart of some of the players right now.

Artestaholic
05-30-2004, 11:29 PM
series not season. I guess I should have just edited the last post instead of making a new one. Oh well.

Young
05-30-2004, 11:29 PM
The Pistons were down the exact same as the Pacers last season yet they came back to win.
It's not over till its over. If we show up and play our game and play with heart, we win by double digits. But Im seriously questioning the heart of some of the players right now.

And we are facing that same Pistons team. :(

Snickers
05-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Believe, no. Hope, yes.

If we can pull out a win in Detroit, [I think we may be able to mix it up by starting Freddie, and as long as we put forth the effort, we'll be in the game], then it becomes a one-game series. Not that I'm convinced we're too good at home in this series :neutral:

But with the injuries to key players, it's gonna be tough as hell. :(

Roy Munson
05-30-2004, 11:31 PM
I think its possible IF:

1) Reggie plays less, and when he plays, he makes a few shots.

2) Ron Artest quits forcing so much on offense. He has to either shot it, or pass it quicker in the possesion. He waits so long, whoever gets it is shooting with the shot clock running out.

3) Freddie continues to shoot well.

4) AJ has two great games and Tinsley watches most of both games.

5) Croshere makes his shots. If he's not making shots he's not very useful.

6) Freddie and Ron hold Hamilton to under 22 points.

7) Someone on the inside has to grow some balls and start dunking the ball. They can't try to shoot cute little shots over Wallace and Wallace. It isn't going to work.

Game six was lost primarily because of Reggie's horrible defense on Hamilton. It was strange that Carlisle didn't react quicker to this because from the start Reggie was getting torched.

arenn
05-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Of course there is a chance, but realistically, this is a team that has executed poorly in 4 out of the 5 games in this series and does not appear to have the same heart and will to win as Detroit. I honestly believe we've got a superior roster to the Pistons, but they are making the most of what they have an we aren't.

able
05-30-2004, 11:58 PM
yes we do and we can and we will:

JO will talk in the locker room, as announced on the press conf.
Rick will get an extra one ripped for the teams' sake and Reg will put up or shut up.

Watch for unseen entities, watch for heart, watch for a win.

Ultimate Frisbee
05-31-2004, 12:01 AM
gimme some odds, i'll take them! I really don't think we're out of it yet. Anyone???

ChicagoJ
05-31-2004, 02:36 AM
If JO and Tinsley aren't significantly closer to at least 50% healthy by Tuesday, then I don't see how we win another game. Clearly, neither of them had any business being on the court, except that they were doing thier best to help the Pacers tonight. Unfortunately, thier best, at thier current levels of health, just isn't enough to beat a great team in the Conference Finals... one that we all though would be difficult to beat if everyone was healthy.

If they were healthy, I'd still be confident that we could win Game #6, and anything can happen in Game #7.

I'm very sad. Going into this game, I underestimated the extent of thier injures.

:sadbanana:

PaceBalls
05-31-2004, 02:51 AM
we got about a 20% chance of pulling it off. That's enough for me to throw some chips in.

Never ever ever underestimate a team that has Reggie Miller on it, no matter what all you haters say.

Hicks
05-31-2004, 11:03 AM
no matter what all you haters say.

:rolleyes: Yes, haters. We hate Reggie Miller. That's right.

sweabs
05-31-2004, 11:23 AM
we got about a 20% chance of pulling it off. That's enough for me to throw some chips in.

Never ever ever underestimate a team that has Reggie Miller on it, no matter what all you haters say.

Y'ure right Burtrem, too many haters on fakers have been disrespecting Mr. Indiana Pacer, and should be disgusted to look in the mirror and call themselves a Pacer fan.

No one here hates Reggie Miller - let's get that straight.

:rolleyes: .

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 11:27 AM
Calling someone out to Perform makes you a Hater I guess :confused:

MSA2CF
05-31-2004, 11:33 AM
Does anyone honestly believe we will still win this series?

[hr]

I do.

The more I read about all the doubters around here, the more I believe.

Hicks
05-31-2004, 11:52 AM
After reading "stick a fork in Reggie", "Reggie sucks", all these name calling and disrespecting to Reggie Miller; is disrespecting the Pacers and Mr. Indiana Pacer. Reggie Miller has the internet, and I wouldn't be surprised if he browses online forums....and all of you should be ashamed.

We heard you the first 10 times; we're all fairweather bandwagon Reggie haters. :rolleyes: Now please give it a rest.

flip
05-31-2004, 01:41 PM
What a bunch,many, of bandwagon fans. Has game 6 already been played. I guess I missed that game. Hey, the fat lady hasn't sang. Till then, we have a chance. DUH. It does take winning 4 games to win this series.

Hicks
05-31-2004, 01:49 PM
What a bunch,many, of bandwagon fans. Has game 6 already been played. I guess I missed that game. Hey, the fat lady hasn't sang. Till then, we have a chance. DUH. It does take winning 4 games to win this series.

Great, another one. :unimpressed:

Pig Nash
05-31-2004, 02:27 PM
I THINK WE CAN WIN :mad: [/strongmad]

PaceBalls
05-31-2004, 02:41 PM
hey hicks and whoever else started freakin out cause I said "reggie hater" like it was a personal attack against them.

It wasn't, but if you wanna include yourself in the Reggie Miller hater group thats yer prob.

Go Pacers!

Hicks
05-31-2004, 02:42 PM
If you want to pretend those of us who want to see Reggie (a hero amongst us all) quit before he truly embarasses himself, as haters, that's your problem.

PaceBalls
05-31-2004, 02:44 PM
You define yourself Hicks I aint doing it for ya.

Hicks
05-31-2004, 02:45 PM

I'm a Reggie lover who has realized he is finished and needs to admit it to himself by either retiring or becoming a bench roleplayer.

Bball
05-31-2004, 02:55 PM

I'm a Reggie lover who has realized he is finished and needs to admit it to himself by either retiring or becoming a bench roleplayer.

It's the organization that needs to see it, admit it, and move forward with a solid plan. I don't think that means 6 million dollar contracts or legacy starts... not when we are talking a team that has pried open the window of opportunity for a championship and is needing to get traction.

-Bball

PaceBalls
05-31-2004, 02:59 PM
The season aint over yet. And there might a little more Miller Time left. I expect to see something good from Reggie the next two games.

Indyfan
05-31-2004, 04:13 PM
This series has shown that there is very little ability to predict what will happen. I'm thinking 50/50 chance for us in game 6, depends which teams show up on both sides, Detroit from last night or from game 4? Our team from game 4 or last night?

I do think we can still win it but the injuries are killing us right now. It bothered me to see the way Detroit was playing Tins. last night, esp. Billups trip, no I don't think it was aimed to finish him off, but it was cheap. JO's fall and the way he got hit on a pick in the 2nd half, it just makes you cringe and think there's no way we can continue through another series. So I'm not really optimistic at this point but I haven't given up completely either.

Jermaniac
05-31-2004, 04:22 PM
Nope we are a Tracy McGrady(or a shooter) away from the championship.

sweabs
05-31-2004, 05:08 PM
Nope we are a Tracy McGrady(or a shooter) away from the championship.

I think there are quite a few teams who might be a Tracy McGrady away from a championship! :laugh: .

ChicagoJ
05-31-2004, 10:20 PM
Reggie Miller has the internet, and I wouldn't be surprised if he browses online forums...

:rotflmao:

sweabs
05-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Reggie Miller has the internet, and I wouldn't be surprised if he browses online forums...

:rotflmao:

Oh God - thank you for pointing that quote out...I must have missed it...gave me a good laugh.

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 08:53 AM
The season aint over yet. And there might a little more Miller Time left. I expect to see something good from Reggie the next two games.

Me too. It's not over till it's over.

DisplacedKnick
06-01-2004, 09:19 AM
There's a big difference between "will" and "can".

The Pacers certainly CAN win this series. Among the things that can't happen:

Allowing any single Piston to torch them. I posted before the series that it would be won by whoever had a player who stepped up to become a hero. That player's Rip Hamilton. Without someone picking up Indy and putting the team on his back, they'll lose.

Others: Can't win with 5 points from the starting SG

This will probably make me a Reggie hater but Fred Jones should start over him - probably just a one game move but the biggest matchup advantage this series has been at the 2.

Can't win shooting 30-35%.

Do I think they will? I did all along until Sunday night. Now I don't.

fwpacerfan
06-01-2004, 10:02 AM

I didn't see you (or anyone else) saying Reggie was finished after game 1. It's funny how fickle some 'fans' are. Game 1 he's a hero and after game 5 he's washed up.

I think that this team CAN win tonight if they come out aggressive. If the Pacers come out and take it strong to the basket and find a way to push the ball a little, they will win. Will that happen? I don't know. This team seems to play better with their backs against the wall. The injuries definitely hurt us, but if JO and Tinsley are not playing well, Rick needs to sit them and put in some healthy bodies - this is it tonight. It is time to pull out all of the stops.