PDA

View Full Version : Kaman

pacerDU
12-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Chris Kaman is obviously killing us this year, but has anyone else noticed his averages? He's an absolute beast this season!

18.7 pts (50% shooting)
14.1 rebs
2.7 blks

Those numbers put him in the elite level for power forwards/centers. Once Brand comes back that'll arguably be the best frontline in the league. Dare I say though - it might even make Brand expendable....

Isaac
12-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Chris Kaman is the Most Improved Player so far this season.

naptownmenace
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM
The Caveman is having a great season. He's finally evolved into an All-Star level PF. He's always had the potential but he's really clubbing the competition like never before.

Okay... that's all I got. ;)

Unclebuck
12-03-2007, 05:08 PM
He was great two years ago, struggled last year and now is great again. I've always liked him - except for his weird haircuts.

His numbers are a little inflated though because he is the only big guy the Clips have. If brand was playing Kaman's numbers across the board would be less, but that doesn't mean he isn't an excellent player.

Anthem
12-03-2007, 05:17 PM
except for his weird haircuts.
His current buzzcut is as flattering as anything he's had in the league.

EDIT: Not that it's saying much.

OakMoses
12-03-2007, 05:18 PM
The Caveman is having a great season. He's finally evolved into an All-Star level PF. He's always had the potential but he's really clubbing the competition like never before.

Okay... that's all I got. ;)

The truth of the matter is that he is a true center, not a PF. That's one of the hardest things to find in today's basketball climate. I thought Kaman's deal was ridiculous when he signed it, but he's earning it this year.

If you're ranking bonafied centers, there's not too many, if any, between Yao and Kaman.

naptownmenace
12-03-2007, 05:48 PM
The truth of the matter is that he is a true center, not a PF. That's one of the hardest things to find in today's basketball climate. I thought Kaman's deal was ridiculous when he signed it, but he's earning it this year.

If you're ranking bonafied centers, there's not too many, if any, between Yao and Kaman.

You're right, he's a legit Center... don't know why I said PF. I guess I try not to let the facts get in the way of a joke. :D

idioteque
12-03-2007, 07:10 PM
I'd LOVE a Kaman/Ike frontcourt. :drooling:

Anthem
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM
I'd LOVE a Kaman/Ike frontcourt. :drooling:
Well the Clips aren't trading Kaman, so we'd have to send them Ike.

wintermute
12-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Well the Clips aren't trading Kaman, so we'd have to send them Ike.

well, if the clips are starting kaman and ike, then that must mean brand is expendable :p ;)

dohman
12-04-2007, 12:50 AM
JO for caveman lol

NorCal_Pacerfan
12-04-2007, 04:13 AM
Kavman lol.

RickSmitsFan
12-04-2007, 04:25 AM
Tim Thomas sliding in for Brand hasn't exactly been a bust, but his numbers are below average for playing so many minutes (33mpg). Kaman was expected to step up, but I don't think anyone predicted this. His game has definitely developed. When/if Brand comes back this season it seems like Kaman could still manage 14 10 numbers.