PDA

View Full Version : So how are Murphy, Dunleavy and Ike working out for you?

Stephen Jackson
12-03-2007, 03:04 AM
Serious question, are you satisfied with their play?

dohman
12-03-2007, 03:42 AM
Mike is the man. Very satisfied with him.

Ike was a beast before he went down. I am waiting to see him get back into the mix.

troy.. left to be seen. Sometimes I love im and sometimes I hate him. I feel the same way about him as I did jackson lol

Stephen Jackson
12-03-2007, 03:51 AM

Ike was a beast before he went down. I am waiting to see him get back into the mix.

troy.. left to be seen. Sometimes I love im and sometimes I hate him. I feel the same way about him as I did jackson lol

That's good to hear. Sorry if this has been talked about a lot before, just wanted to get a feel of how they've played.

Mike just needed a change of scenery, I always thought he was a solid player. But in GS, people expected more then that from our #3 pick.

I hated Murphy, but Ike always has shown flashes of being very good. I remember when he torched Ben and Rasheed Wallace in a game a few seasons ago as a rookie for like 27 points. Injuries though have been a problem, sad to hear he's not healthy right now.

rexnom
12-03-2007, 03:59 AM
That's good to hear. Sorry if this has been talked about a lot before, just wanted to get a feel of how they've played.

Mike just needed a change of scenery, I always thought he was a solid player. But in GS, people expected more then that from our #3 pick.

I hated Murphy, but Ike always has shown flashes of being very good. I remember when he torched Ben and Rasheed Wallace in a game a few seasons ago as a rookie for like 27 points. Injuries though have been a problem, sad to hear he's not healthy right now.
I think Mike and Jack needed to switch teams. I think both sides are relatively happy with the switch.

Troy is what he is.

Ike we have very high hopes for. We're undefeated with him in the lineup.:)

Doddage
12-03-2007, 05:32 AM

In this sense, I guess you can say the trade was pretty fair. Mike and Jack are both the guys that you look to fill up the stat sheet and just make a general impact on the floor. Troy and Al both represent the annoying players in the deal. Ike can be accounted for by combining his production with Mike's to basically give the equivalent of what Jack's doing right now (which is a lot).

McKeyFan
12-03-2007, 09:35 AM
We miss Jackson's defense and ability to create.

I like Dun's shot better than Jack's. And of course I prefer having the ticking time bomb (Jack's temper) on your team.

But I was truly happy for Golden State last year in their amazing playoff run. Jack was key to that run and fun to watch. (And easier to watch if you're not terrified to see the other shoe drop.)

Anthem
12-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I've become a bigger Dunleavy fan than I expected, but I dislike Trophy even more than I expected. He's fallen to fifth on our big man depth chart, and that's with Ike out due to injury. The only big man I'd play him in front of is Sims.

I like Ike, but I'm still hoping we use him as trade bait to fix some of the other problems on the team.

Major Cold
12-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I would like to say that I can't stand Jackson. But I put up with his inconsistencies because he was healthy. I believe that him and Rick just did not get along. If JOB was here last year I don't think we make the trade. Aww who am I kidding Indiana fans wanted Jackson gone. I would have traded Harrington for Diogu and Dunleavy.

idioteque
12-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Dunleavy is great when he's involved in the offense. Some nights though it just seems like his heart isn't fully in it. I think our new style is taking a toll on his stamina, but that he'll get used to it and be stronger as the season goes on. Although he can't create like Jackson when he attempts to click within our offensive system he usually suceeds, I don't think the same can be said for Jax.

Murphy is very inconsistent. Sometimes he is a great shooter, sometimes he isn't. The only think he consistently is is a defensive liability.

Ike it is still hard to tell. He looked good early in the season and there is a possibility that he is our PF of the future.

I actually miss McLeod. I think that right now he would have better numbers than Travis Deiner.

I liked Jackson's ability to create, but I don't miss his attitude or lack of consistency. I don't miss Harrington at all because he was much more of an "I" player who cared more about padding his stats than the team as a whole. He was such a black hole on offense, it drove me absolutely crazy to watch him. Saranus....don't even get me started. But you got rid of him right?

However it seems like it was a good trade for both teams.

JayRedd
12-03-2007, 01:52 PM
http://room408.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/img_4909.jpg

This we like:

http://www.evemag.com/issue6/graphics/murphy.gif

Do not want.

CableKC
12-03-2007, 02:17 PM
http://room408.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/img_4909.jpg

This we like:

http://www.evemag.com/issue6/graphics/murphy.gif

Do not want.
Geez Jay.......sometimes you have to have useless TV trivia in your head to figure out your posts.

I was trying to figure out what you had against Candice Burgen....then realized that you posted a picture of Murphy Brown. :laugh:

JayRedd
12-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Geez Jay.......sometimes you have to have useless TV trivia in your head to figure out your posts.

I was trying to figure out what you had against Candice Burgen....then realized that you posted a picture of Murphy Brown. :laugh:

But what purpose would I actually serve around here if it wasn't for random references to things most normal people forgot about last decade?

I mean, it does bring me some personal enjoyment, but LG and atc would both be quite capable of embarassing themselves if I wasn't around. And that's really the only other thing I bring to the table.

Anthem
12-03-2007, 05:00 PM
But what purpose would I actually serve around here if it wasn't for random references to things most normal people forgot about last decade?
Insightful basketball discussion?

:snicker:

Yeah, I crack me up.

Hoop
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I've become a bigger Dunleavy fan than I expected, but I dislike Trophy even more than I expected. He's fallen to fifth on our big man depth chart, and that's with Ike out due to injury. The only big man I'd play him in front of is Sims.
I feel the same way, I thought I'd like Murphy better, boy was I wrong.