PDA

View Full Version : Remember, There Are More Important Things

Southside_Pacer
05-30-2004, 10:47 PM
than a Pacers game. I think the severe weather tonight, and the reports of numerous tornadoes throughout the Central Indiana weather, and the southern part of the state as well, really put life into prespective.

If you have power, and are reading this, then we're pretty lucky tonight. Also, if threre's a roof over your head, and your area is not flooded, you're lucky as well.

Some of our fellow Hoosiers aren't so fortunate tonight, and it's scary to think that Beech Grove is hurting right now, and that's just up the road from me.

Hopefully everyone here and their loved ones are safe.

Shade
05-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Blasphemy! :p

Yeah, maybe I should just quit pouring everything into being a "real fan" and take a causal approach to this team from now on. They certainly aren't giving back what I put into them.

Tim
05-30-2004, 10:59 PM
There is bad weather out?

FireTheCoach
05-30-2004, 11:00 PM
I live on the southside, in Homecroft, and watched the tornado moving across the northern part of the sky this evening. It was f'n huge with two smaller twisters dancing around the main vortex.

VERY SCARY *****!!!

Shade
05-30-2004, 11:01 PM
FTC, what's with the Pikafad avatar? :hmm:

Millerartest
05-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Speaking of better things, how about that thing called life, a life that we can actually control...

Southside_Pacer
05-30-2004, 11:03 PM
I live on the southside, in Homecroft, and watched the tornado moving across the northern part of the sky this evening. It was f'n huge with two smaller twisters dancing around the main vortex.

VERY SCARY *****!!!

You're about two-four minutes away from me then! I literally live in the town of Southport and I could kinda see that tornado that struck at I65 and I465. It was really weird that the sky due south was so light, and the sky due north was so dark.

It reminded me of September 20, 2002 when I was stuck at Southport High School in a dark hallway knowing that the YMCA, Burger King, and Pier One on Shelby were destroyed.

It was scary not knowing where the thing was going to strike next. Thankfully it missed SHS and Homecroft Elementary, but Madison Avenue was not so lucky. :(

By the way FTC, see where Southport got a new basketball coach?

FireTheCoach
05-30-2004, 11:06 PM

Yeah, it's pretty f'n badass aint it.

:D

Shade
05-30-2004, 11:10 PM

:shudder:

FireTheCoach
05-30-2004, 11:12 PM

VERY SCARY *****!!!

You're about two-four minutes away from me then! I literally live in the town of Southport and I could kinda see that tornado that struck at I65 and I465. It was really weird that the sky due south was so light, and the sky due north was so dark.

It reminded me of September 20, 2002 when I was stuck at Southport High School in a dark hallway knowing that the YMCA, Burger King, and Pier One on Shelby were destroyed.

It was scary not knowing where the thing was going to strike next. Thankfully it missed SHS and Homecroft Elementary, but Madison Avenue was not so lucky. :(

By the way FTC, see where Southport got a new basketball coach?

yeah, I live just east of Banta and Madison. I was there in the Sept 2002 tornado... missed my house by about 1 block.

The tornado tonight was BIG.... I drove north up Keystone ave by the golf course there at Keystone and Troy..... devastated. Trees and houses blown to bits, it really reminded me a lot of the way Madion Ave looked that day in September.

And.... no I had no idea SHS got a new BBall coach. I graduated there in 1987.

Southside_Pacer
05-30-2004, 11:18 PM
That 2002 tornado did just miss you!! Those powerlines off Madison were just toothpicks snapped in half. Pretty scary stuff.

I live just south of Southport Elementary. That sucker that touched down in Beech Grove looked very wide across. I haven't seen the damage that happend out in Camby yet, since they made it sound like the Decatur Central area got hammered.

At least the nursing home residents off of Keystone are all in hospitals now, safe and sound.

Steveman
05-31-2004, 05:56 AM
than a Pacers game. I think the severe weather tonight, and the reports of numerous tornadoes throughout the Central Indiana weather, and the southern part of the state as well, really put life into prespective.

If you have power, and are reading this, then we're pretty lucky tonight. Also, if threre's a roof over your head, and your area is not flooded, you're lucky as well.

Some of our fellow Hoosiers aren't so fortunate tonight, and it's scary to think that Beech Grove is hurting right now, and that's just up the road from me.

Hopefully everyone here and their loved ones are safe.

I agree totally. I didn't even watch the game tonight ... I watched the weather reports continually, nothing is more important than the safety of my family. We had a major tornado outbreak! I'd bet more than a few fans came home to rubble where their house used to be after the game ... what a tragedy. And the twisters actually hit Indy while the game was in progress, I can't even imagine what it would have been like had the tornados ripped across the fieldhouse.

TheSauceMaster
05-31-2004, 06:13 AM
From what I heard a tornado touched down 4 miles from Conseco , dunno how true that is but that's pretty close.

Mourning
05-31-2004, 06:47 AM

:shudder:

:therock:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

indygeezer
05-31-2004, 07:54 AM
Just checking in from the eastside. Well, just like 02 it came thru your area and into mine. Once again I dodged the bullet. It tracked about a mile west of me up Post road (again). For me, that's 4 in 6 years.. We had a biggie a few years ago come right thru my area. I stood and watched it. HUGE with two smaller ones hanging down like walrus teeth. It TOTALLY flattened a house 1/4 mile away. THe others have alltracked around Post and 21st Street. I was in a brand new Home Depot there when it was hit a couple years ago.
The 2nd storm to come thru last night was much worse for us, with the high winds and LIGHTNING...baby did it have an intense light show!.
Didn't really get to see much of the game. I saw Reggies 2nd Q melt-down. I saw Jermaine's tech and a few cheap calls against him, and the end of the game. The little bit I saw last night made it appear we were getting jobbed, but not a peep about it in the papers etc so I must have just looked in at the wrong times and seen things out of context. I do wonder tho how sheed can go off like a timebomb one game and get nothing and then JO get what appeared a cheap T the next. Had he been on them all game or something?
I tell ya tho, if we didn't have so much crap to pack, I'd seriously consider looking for a house with a basement.

ABADays
05-31-2004, 09:27 AM
I sincerely hope everyone came through this OK.

ChicagoJ
06-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Wow. Right after college (about ten years ago) I lived in Madison Village apartments there at Madison and Southport.

That neighborhood has been hit pretty hard a couple times in a row. That's some scary stuff.