PDA

View Full Version : Clipper game not on TV at all?

Isaac
12-01-2007, 05:07 PM
It doesn't even seem like its on League Pass. Am I missing something?

Lord Helmet
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I think it's one of those non-televised games, at all.

No Indiana feed, no LA feed.

Isaac
12-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I think it's one of those non-televised games, at all.

No Indiana feed, no LA feed.

That's awful. How can they not have it in LA? Not like they have a football game to brodcast or anything.

pwee31
12-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Sunday's usually mean not on tv for the Pacers

TMJ31
12-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Dammit!

Normally I would go to Staples to see this game, but I have a rehearsal tomorrow that I can't miss... I was assuming at least I could TIVo the LA Feed.... GRRRRR!!

Not only missing 1 of the 2 times I get to go to a live game, but I miss it completely!

imawhat
12-01-2007, 08:04 PM
January 6th will give you a chance to redeem yourself. Plus, the atmosphere at Lakers games is 7476567Xs better.

TMJ31
12-01-2007, 10:04 PM
January 6th will give you a chance to redeem yourself. Plus, the atmosphere at Lakers games is 7476567Xs better.

What awful odds... The Los Angeles Pacers/Lakers game falls on my girlfriends 20th birthday this year :( I am just now realizing this...

Here's hoping I can convince her that watching her first NBA game would be a good way to spend her birthday ... Lol :)

McKeyFan
12-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Anyone know if we can watch on the internet?

Lord Helmet
12-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Anyone know if we can watch on the internet?
You can listen via the internet on NBA.com

There is no way to watch the game as far as I know, since their will be no local television for both teams.

TheDon
12-02-2007, 01:24 AM
On a positive note pacers are 3rd in the division (small tip of the hat to detroit) cause Milawaukee lost their 4th in a row. The Pacers could actually make it to tied for 2nd with a win tomorrow and a cavs loss, and since the cavs are playing in boston I'd say that's a pretty highly likely scenario.

heywoode
12-02-2007, 02:45 AM
I wish I could understand why there is no TV feed for (what I believe to be) 10 games this season...

I have DirecTV, and get FSI. When there is no Pacer game on, they show NOTHING. It's not like the Pacers games get pre-empted or something else gets chosen to be televised over them....For the life of me, FSI is telling me that DEAD AIR is more profitable than televising a Pacers game? Even if the Pacers had yet to get a W and they were playing another winless team to see who could back their way into a victory simply by not losing more games in a row than someone else....wouldn't that still sell ads? Wouldn't that still generate revenue that would offset the cost of the game crew? If not, then Denari, Quinn (or Clark), Stacy, and whoever that other little locker room interviewer goober is are all WAAAY overpaid....

Anybody got any reasons why my little rant doesn't hold water? I would LOVE to appease my anger!:rant:

At least I will start listening on the radio towards the end of the Colts game....GO PACERS!!

:gopacers: :goponies:

Oneal07
12-02-2007, 03:13 AM
Nope. . It's not on League Pass

dohman
12-02-2007, 03:51 AM
What awful odds... The Los Angeles Pacers/Lakers game falls on my girlfriends 20th birthday this year :( I am just now realizing this...

Here's hoping I can convince her that watching her first NBA game would be a good way to spend her birthday ... Lol :)

You should go to the game then. If she has 20 birthdays a year then this one wont break ya :cool:

TMJ31
12-02-2007, 04:04 AM
You should go to the game then. If she has 20 birthdays a year then this one wont break ya :cool:

Lol- Pretty clever interpretation of my post there ;)

I had to re-read my own post like 4 times making SURE I said everything correctly, Lol!

Roaming Gnome
12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
I wish I could understand why there is no TV feed for (what I believe to be) 10 games this season...

I have DirecTV, and get FSI. When there is no Pacer game on, they show NOTHING. It's not like the Pacers games get pre-empted or something else gets chosen to be televised over them....For the life of me, FSI is telling me that DEAD AIR is more profitable than televising a Pacers game? Even if the Pacers had yet to get a W and they were playing another winless team to see who could back their way into a victory simply by not losing more games in a row than someone else....wouldn't that still sell ads? Wouldn't that still generate revenue that would offset the cost of the game crew? If not, then Denari, Quinn (or Clark), Stacy, and whoever that other little locker room interviewer goober is are all WAAAY overpaid....

Anybody got any reasons why my little rant doesn't hold water? I would LOVE to appease my anger!:rant:

At least I will start listening on the radio towards the end of the Colts game....GO PACERS!!

:gopacers: :goponies:

I believe that the Pacers "Pay for Play" when it comes to that deal with Fox Sports Net. In turn the Pacers sell the ad space with-in the game to make their $$$. The Pacers most likely figured a Sunday afternoon game that was almost head to head with the Colts was a good way to save some coin. I know that there are usually a few games every year that don't get televised, but I didn't think it was anywhere near 10.

On a side note, there were high lights of this game running on NBA-TV this morning, so I would venture a guess that there was a posibility that the game was broadcast locally, but wasn't avail for league pass. Or, the replays were just the in-house highlights, but I doubt it considering most of the highlights were Pacer related.

Anthem
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm wondering about the replay ability of NBA BroadBand (or whatever it's called). Can anybody confirm whether it played there?

Hoop
12-03-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm wondering about the replay ability of NBA BroadBand (or whatever it's called). Can anybody confirm whether it played there?It didn't play there at all, live or replay.

pwee31
12-03-2007, 09:09 PM
There were highlights of the game on ESPN.com, and you could hear the commentary and it was WIBC