PDA

View Full Version : Did JO Diss JOB?

McKeyFan
12-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Sure looked like it.

With about 3 minutes left, JOB pulled Jermaine and JO was angry walking off the court. The coach grabbed his arm as he walked by to say, "What's the problem?" but JO just yanked away and kept walking.

My take on it is that JOB wanted to say, "Look, you're still injured. I'm not gonna keep you in when things heat up at the end."

JO, for his part, obviously wanted to be in at the end to affect the outcome. Another loss is on the books when he plays 25+ minutes, but he really didn't get a chance at the end to gain a victory.

However, I'm glad JOB didn't buckle and kept him out for good. If our coach keeps up that kind of discipline, he will continue to command respect and it will be good for everyone in the long term.

Trader Joe
12-01-2007, 02:09 AM
Like I said in the post game thread this loss is not on JO. He played well for 27 minutes. Whether he is upset or not IDK and if he is upset IDK about what. We'll just have to wait and see.

Dr. Goldfoot
12-01-2007, 02:11 AM
Sure looked like it.

The coach grabbed his arm as he walked by to say, "What's the problem?" but JO just yanked away and kept walking.

Yes.

odeez
12-01-2007, 02:12 AM
yes he did, time to go go go!

aceace
12-01-2007, 02:14 AM
We never got into the running game. Am I the only that sees this. If JO did he should be suspended for a game and sent back to Indy. I thought it was a grimace like he hurt something... JOB said he hurt his shoulder and thats why he came out.

odeez
12-01-2007, 02:15 AM
So JO hurt his shoulder, he is falling apart! 20 million!?!?!!?

Aw Heck
12-01-2007, 02:18 AM
Hopefully the shoulder injury isn't anything too serious. We need him to keep working back into game shape and have him get used to the offense.

If the shoulder's semi-serious, keep him out until both that and the knee are fully healed. I noticed he didn't do the tip-off tonight, Foster did. So I guess the knee might still be a little shaky.

aceace
12-01-2007, 02:27 AM
I'm at a point where we might be better off with the medical exemption/salary exception.

Will Galen
12-01-2007, 02:29 AM
There's nothing there!

What's being talked about happened at 3:19. I just watched it several times and JO didn't yank his arm away.

idioteque
12-01-2007, 02:31 AM
If it happened like it's being described, action needs to be taken.

Neither IT nor Rick seemed to discipline JO in any way. This is something he has to get used to.

Will Galen
12-01-2007, 02:44 AM
If it happened like it's being described, action needs to be taken.

It didn't!

Bball
12-01-2007, 02:47 AM
It didn't!

What's being described is what I saw. It sounds like you need to get your TV fixed ;)

-Bball

TheDon
12-01-2007, 02:54 AM
honestly I thought I saw JOB mouth "are you ok?" and jermaine walked to the bench gritting his teeth probably from frustration that he just got hurt and he can't be out there to help his team. I didn't see jermaine yank his arm away from JOB and throw a hissy fit.

Will Galen
12-01-2007, 03:06 AM
What's being described is what I saw. It sounds like you need to get your TV fixed ;)

-Bball

I watched what happened a dozen times. You?

TheDon
12-01-2007, 03:19 AM
I wouldn't have been so upset about losing this game if it wasn't for the fact that Jermaine played and we lost. I knew as soon as I got online to read the posts it was going to be pile-on JO night. Nevermind the fact that granger shot 20 percent through 3 quarters, it was the 3rd road game in 4 nights, we were 3/19 from the arc, missed about a billion layups, missed a ton of free throws (JO was perfect from the charity stripe), tinsley was playing sick, and marquis didn't play cause he was hurt, and durant couldn't miss. You guys are right though this is all on JO you guys just keep tellin yourselves that. :puke:

Bball
12-01-2007, 03:20 AM
I watched what happened a dozen times. You?

"Back and to the left.... Back and to the left...."

-Bball

Roaming Gnome
12-01-2007, 03:39 AM
I'm not shocked or suprised that someone here would over embelish what happened to stir the J.O. stew a little more.

What I seen on my DVR a few times was J.O. walking to the sideline, when he gets close to the bench, he yells "F**k". J O'B grabs J.O.s arm and asked/said something....J.O. just kept walking.

If you want to ding the man for not answering to his coach, then fine, but don't create stuff because you don't like the guy! Jermaine never jerked his arm away from J. O'B.

imawhat
12-01-2007, 04:11 AM
It looked like Jim said "okay?" to him.

Also, it's DEFINITELY injury related. He was wincing in pain about two minutes before the stoppage, and he winced after he walked away from O'Brien. All the conspiracy theorists should go back to the play that led to the stoppage and watch Jermaine run down court. He looks like he re-tweaks his knee as he crosses halfcourt.

indygeezer
12-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Surely there's a YouTube or Tivo of this somewhere??? I'd like to see it to make my own decision.

Unclebuck
12-01-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm not realy sure what happened. Gnome's explanation seems probably most likely - after learning he injured his shoulder. Prior to learning that I thought JO was mad he was being taken out of the game

OnlyPacersLeft
12-01-2007, 09:54 AM
last thing we need is JO trying to block durant and hurting himself more in a meaningless game. In the grand scheme of things this loss isn't going to do us in. (mind you we don't miss the playoffs by one game,lol)

NuffSaid
12-01-2007, 01:01 PM
We never got into the running game. Am I the only that sees this. If JO did he should be suspended for a game and sent back to Indy. I thought it was a grimace like he hurt something... JOB said he hurt his shoulder and thats why he came out.
What??? :eek: We obviously saw two completely different games because you apparently missed those parts of the game where the Pacers ran the floor pretty often. They pushed the ball throughout the game. Perhaps not on every possession, but they did get out on fastbreaks plenty of times as evidenced by all those gimme layups they missed at point-blank range.

As for the so-called hissy fit, I thought JO got mad because he got what he thought was another bogus foul called on him. That's about the time JOB pulled him. I think JO was just responding to the foul call and not to being pulled. He might have wanted to stay in the game, but I doubt he got that upset for being rotated out or not being on the floor in the final minutes of the game especially if he got hurt.

McKeyFan
12-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Can somebody post a clip of the exchange? That was done for the alleged Tinsley diss--but the clip showed me there was nothing to it.

Oneal07
12-01-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm not shocked or suprised that someone here would over embelish what happened to stir the J.O. stew a little more.

What I seen on my DVR a few times was J.O. walking to the sideline, when he gets close to the bench, he yells "F**k". J O'B grabs J.O.s arm and asked/said something....J.O. just kept walking.

If you want to ding the man for not answering to his coach, then fine, but don't create stuff because you don't like the guy! Jermaine never jerked his arm away from J. O'B.

J.O. was obviously mad cause he was taken out the game!! that's the impression I got!!!

imawhat
12-01-2007, 02:06 PM
::shakes head::

Someone please post the clip.

Watch him run on the last fast break; you can see him come up limping a bit right after he crosses halfcourt. He also stops to listen to Jim before turning back around and then he grimaces. 3:19 in the 4th.

And while you're at it, go back to 4:55 after he takes a shot. He appears to grab his right arm in a way to brace against his side; which is what you do when you have a shoulder injury.

And then he grabs his shoulder, in pain and grimacing, as soon as he sits on the bench with 4:44 remaining.

andreialta
12-01-2007, 02:07 PM
i still think JO is a professional and he knows how to treat the coach right! and wouldn't just have a hissy fit like that

Roaming Gnome
12-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Honestly, I feel that he could have been frustraited for a number of reasons.

My most likely scenario has him upset because his game is not comming back as quickly as he would like.

Another thing could be that he might have re-injured himself prior to being pulled.

Or, he just reallized that he is getting pulled because he will not benefit the team being out there. Very frustraiting, indeed.

I just didn't see the disrespect that some are implying, just the biased certain posters have against the guy.

Isaac
12-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I watched it a bunch of times. JO is clearly frustrated over being hurt. There was no feud between him and JOB.

MagicRat
12-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Knock yourselves out......
<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HcynD-z0st4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

McKeyFan
12-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I repent.

JO clearly was not disrespectful in any way.

Props to our "court reporter," Magic Rat.

naptownmenace
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
I repent.

JO clearly was not disrespectful in any way.

Props to our "court reporter," Magic Rat.

Yep, at 4:44 JO is on the bench during the timeout wincing and rocking back and forth in pain. JO was having a good game up untill that point with solid rebounding and defense. He even ran the floor better than I'd seen all year. I'd be mad too if I kept getting injured.

Anthem
12-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Great clips, thanks MR. It showed what I was talking about... Jermaine's clearly better when he moves immediately.

JayRedd
12-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Aside from half of yall being utterly ridiculous, the only thing in this whole thread worth talking about is 37 seconds into the video MagicRat posted. Who is that doing the Vince Carter Elbow Hang on the rim?

Arcadian
12-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Wow. I can't believe this thread was even started after seeing the clip.

However, I didn't see Tins smiling on the bench so maybe there are problems.

MagicRat
12-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Aside from half of yall being utterly ridiculous, the only thing in this whole thread worth talking about is 37 seconds into the video MagicRat posted. Who is that doing the Vince Carter Elbow Hang on the rim?

I've studied it a few times, and I think it's David....

able
12-03-2007, 06:57 AM
I've studied it a few times, and I think it's David....
Me too, but the most telling part of the clip ?

JT saying: "I finally got a coaching staff who believes in me"

Combine that with his play, can we then put to rest the "Rick held him back" ?

McKeyFan
12-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Me too, but the most telling part of the clip ?

JT saying: "I finally got a coaching staff who believes in me"

Combine that with his play, can we then put to rest the "Rick held him back" ?

I'm confused.

Seems like it would totally prove "Rick held him back."

:whoknows:

able
12-03-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm confused.

Seems like it would totally prove "Rick held him back."

:whoknows:

It does, henceforth we can put the discussion to bed :D

McKeyFan
12-03-2007, 10:19 AM
It does, henceforth we can put the discussion to bed :D

Gotcha.

Well, the returns are still pretty early. But I hope you're right.

Hicks
12-03-2007, 11:40 AM
If this is the Tinsley we get 75+% of the time the rest of the year, I think it's pretty much confirmed. He's making me warm up to him again, and I was done with him.