PDA

View Full Version : SPAM or legit message from Yahoo???

indygeezer
11-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Received this or similar nearly daily for about 2 weeks......what and what does it mean>>>
==============

Dear AT&T Yahoo! Customer:

We noticed that you are accessing email using non-secure settings in your email software.

We would like to ensure that your AT&T Yahoo! Member ID, password, and email messages are transmitted securely between your mail software (such as Outlook or Outlook Express) and the AT&T Yahoo! Mail servers. In order to meet this need, please enable SSL via the instructions that are available on the Help site.

Since multiple email notifications have already been sent out about this, we request that you please make the necessary changes immediately. Remember, you need to make these changes if you want to continue to send/receive email using a mail client.

Thank you for your cooperation,
----------------------------------------------

Gyron
11-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Appears to be spam to me....

Hicks
11-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Appears to be spam to me....

How so? I felt the opposite because they don't ask for his information. SSL is your web browser's security when sending/receiving private/personal enformation to make it tough for outsiders to swipe it. A spammer has nothing to gain by encouraging you to use it. It's like a car thief recommending you set the alarm before you walk away from the vehicle.

Anthem
12-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Yep. SSL is a good thing... I'd go ahead and enable it.

Gyron
12-01-2007, 11:34 PM
I was wondering if there were any links at all in the message. If there were links, I would be worried about SPAM

N8R
12-03-2007, 01:05 AM
I think Yahoo is trying to kill you...i would go with it.

Natston
12-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Just send me your personal information along with your credit card number, and I'll get to the bottom of this...

indygeezer
12-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Just send me your personal information along with your credit card number, and I'll get to the bottom of this...

Nah....I'm getting the biggest fricking system ever built ....with all the best security.....and every bell and whistle known to mankind.

Just as soon as this lawyer from Nigeria sends me my check.

indygeezer
12-03-2007, 11:59 PM
It told me to go to the ATT help area and follow the instructions.

I'm too stupid to understand even that.

Bball
12-04-2007, 12:46 AM
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r17759508-Mail-Changes-Coming

indygeezer
12-04-2007, 05:38 AM
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r17759508-Mail-Changes-Coming

THATS THE WORDING I'M GETTING!! Only it doesn't give me those directions, those come from the Help Area it directs me to go to.

And I might eventually be able to decipher them, but by then I'll have my whole system FUBAR.