PDA

View Full Version : Harrison denies interest in Nuggets

Gyron
11-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Pacers Harrison not interested in Nuggets? (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/nov/28/pacers-rally-table-turner/)With the Nuggets over the luxury tax and Indiana center David Harrison, above, a restricted free agent after the season, it would be a long shot. Still, the former University of Colorado player was asked about his interest in signing with the Nuggets. "Not really," he said. "It'd be kind of like going back to college for me. It's like regressing. But, at the same time, this is a job and if Denver offers me the most money, I will sign with Denver." -- Rocky Mountain News

Hicks
11-28-2007, 12:20 PM
You entitled this as if to suggest it's possible, but your own source pretty clearly says it's not likely..... ?

Gyron
11-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Sorry, You can change the title. But his last sentence says if the money is there, he'll go.....

owl
11-28-2007, 12:58 PM
At least David recognizes the past was not so great. Maybe he is really trying.

indygeezer
11-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Nah..Donnie will sign with the Knicks and offer David a max contract.

Anthem
11-28-2007, 03:47 PM
What's David figure to be worth on the open market?

I'd hope he'd sign a short-term contract for lower money, with the ability to get a bigger contract soon.

JayRedd
11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I bet he could get like $12 million for three years based on size and athleticism alone. His peripherals in PER 40 and Rebound Rate aren't great, so I don't think any GMs are gonna really expect him to emerge from the shadows into a starter-level player.

But, he is helping himself a little bit in this early season with his performance in the minutes he's getting thus far.

indygeezer
11-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Beware the player in a contract year.

Young
11-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Sounds like David will go where ever he is offered the most money.

I can't see him getting a a deal that is any large than what Travis Diener got this past summer. David hasn't proven anything. Maybe he will as the season goes on but he has shown nothing thus far to warrant a large contract.

I'm not sure which teams would have interest in him. Maybe the Pacers re-sign him cheaply. Or the Nets could use another big, same with the Bulls and probably Cavs.

I'm sure that there will be some team out there that make some type of offer to David. I just doubt it's very much.

McKeyFan
11-28-2007, 05:53 PM
I know David is simply stating the reality, but I still don't care for players saying it so crassly.

Ultimately, it should be about loving to play the game, and working to win a championship. That's the kind of thing he should be saying.

PaceBalls
11-28-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say it now, it was a huge mistake to not extend Hulk's contract.

Tom White
11-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Two things.

First, read the part about him having gone to college in Colorado, and not really wanting to go back there to play pro ball.

Second, you've got to remember his sense of humor. I can picture him saying this all in jest.

At this point, I doubt he is expecting a huge contract. I think he previously has alluded to his need to "start earning" his pay.

Anthem
11-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say it now, it was a huge mistake to not extend Hulk's contract.
Not sure we'd be seeing this Hulk if he'd gotten an extension.

JayRedd
11-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Ultimately, it should be about loving to play the game, and working to win a championship. That's the kind of thing he should be saying.

Not to be a complete cynic, but it's also about him realizing he's not as good as he once thought he was and that he may not be around this league as long as he thought. Coming off a small rookie deal, he also kind of owes it to himself/family to maximize his earnings now. It is a job too.

Of course, people don't want to hear it, but it is a livelihood to a lot of these guys before it is a game.

McKeyFan
11-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Not to be a complete cynic, but it's also about him realizing he's not as good as he once thought he was and that he may not be around this league as long as he thought. Coming off a small rookie deal, he also kind of owes it to himself/family to maximize his earnings now. It is a job too.

Of course, people don't want to hear it, but it is a livelihood to a lot of these guys before it is a game.

Agreed.

I guess that's the difference between greatness and David Harrison.

Tom White
11-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Agreed.

I guess that's the difference between greatness and David Harrison.

Or the difference between BS and honesty?

I think you are taking what he said way too seriously.

maragin
11-29-2007, 12:16 AM
I'd like to see Harrison moved at the ASB. Preferably two or three years ago.

JayRedd
11-29-2007, 12:49 AM

:laugh::laugh:

and agreed.

Anthem
11-29-2007, 12:49 AM
Good luck with that.

Naptown_Seth
11-30-2007, 03:14 AM
I bet he could get like $12 million for three years based on size and athleticism alone. His peripherals in PER 40 and Rebound Rate aren't great, so I don't think any GMs are gonna really expect him to emerge from the shadows into a starter-level player.

But, he is helping himself a little bit in this early season with his performance in the minutes he's getting thus far.
That's my feeling as well.