PDA

View Full Version : Our 3 recent wins....

pwee31
11-27-2007, 12:52 AM
All 3 teams from out West lost again tonight... :hmm:

Utah got beat by the Knicks
Hornets got beat by the Twolves
Mavs got beat by the Wizards.

Glad we were able to beat the 3 of them as well, but not as impressive now. STILL 3 WINS THOUGH :happydanc

TheDon
11-27-2007, 01:03 AM
That sucks, I know Milawaukee beat the mavs too the night after we faced them. I think the Mavs also lost one game to Atlanta as well earlier in the season. The league is seriously screwed up this year, unless you're the spurs, magic, celtics, or suns. They really seem like the only teams that have distinguised themselves thus far early in the season.

Peck
11-27-2007, 03:31 AM
Irrelevant.

You win means you win. Whether any other team beats them means less than nothing.

Would a loss to those same teams mean any less if they had beaten the more elite teams after playing us? I think not.

All we can worry about are the games that we play and how we play.

On any given night....

d_c
11-27-2007, 03:34 AM
I really wouldn't complain about beating 3 quality teams, regardless of when or how.

RamBo_Lamar
11-27-2007, 04:18 AM
Irrelevant.

You win means you win. Whether any other team beats them means less than nothing.

Would a loss to those same teams mean any less if they had beaten the more elite teams after playing us? I think not.

All we can worry about are the games that we play and how we play.

On any given night....

Your wise words of wisdom should be heeded by all oh great Vorta!

:worship:

Naptown_Seth
11-27-2007, 05:04 AM
All 3 teams from out West lost again tonight... :hmm:

Utah got beat by the Knicks
Hornets got beat by the Twolves
Mavs got beat by the Wizards.

Glad we were able to beat the 3 of them as well, but not as impressive now. STILL 3 WINS THOUGH :happydanc
I agree. I'm torn on it though. Wins are wins, maybe the Pacers got into their heads, maybe the Pacers showed the way for other teams. It's not 100% that these teams just were headed toward the skids. But when you line up to say "I did it" and next in line is some schmuck loser saying the same thing, it kind of humbles you. ;)

Remember the Sienfeld where he dates a hot girl that Newman dumped? Same thing. :D

But again, if you're 50-32 they don't start throwing out some of those wins because players were hurt or teams hit a losing streak. And lord knows the Pacers are way in the red in terms of NBA karma. It's about time other teams started catching the crap luck (ahem, Chicago).

idioteque
11-27-2007, 11:22 AM
You take the wins that you can get.

When the Pacers win they usually run...a lot. Maybe that is wearing out the other team for a couple of nights following :sunshine:

We play more of a West Coast archetype of basketball, interestingly all of these teams lost to EC team that play a little bit slower than us. Maybe it is hard for them to adjust to different styles of play so rapidly?

Hicks
11-27-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm sure the Patriots feel a sense of regret that they "only" beat the Colts on their way to the Superbowl in years past. Or that they only get to beat this year's NFL teams as they clobber everyone.

A win is ****in' win.

pwee31
11-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Not trying to downplay the wins, b/c they're WAY better then losses. Just saying personally that the Mavs losing the next 2, as well as the Hornets I believe, then the Jazz losing to the lowly Knicks will kinda make the media, and etc... downplay our wins some.

Doesn't bother me, just kinda bummed me out a lil.

dohman
11-27-2007, 01:46 PM
The real question is. How were they doing before they played us. We have alot more to be proud about if we sent these teams on their losing streak. If they were playing great and then after they played us they dropped 3 games that means we got in their head or we just wore them out.

BoomBaby33
11-27-2007, 01:54 PM
"You play the game to Win" - Herm Edwards

Oneal07
11-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Nick Young played Sick last night Vs Dallas. . . Washington already has a "backup" Arenas on hand

JayRedd
11-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Utah and Dallas are beasts.

Maybe we caught em on a down night, but it don't matter...we still beat two teams that probably have at least a combined four players better than the best player we have healthy right now.

That says something and doesn't affect the confidence it gives Danny, Dunleavy, JT, Quis, etc. They still beat Dirk, Boozer, Deron and Josh, and both Utah and Dallas are 50-win teams...so those are both very high quality wins regardless of the fact that they're not operating on all cylinders right now.

Tom White
11-27-2007, 03:14 PM
...or maybe it means that the East is not as full of weak teams as some people would like to think it is. ...or that some teams in the West are not as invincible as some would like to think.