PDA

View Full Version : So what's the mood right now?

pwee31
11-25-2007, 08:13 PM
After a 3-0 start, 6 game losing streak, and wins over 3 of the elite teams out West. Close game against the Cavs, How do you feel about the team right now?

I'm actually pretty optimistic. Wish we could've beat the Cavs and got back to .500, but the like the fight that I'm seeing from the team.

I'll still holding out hope that JO can get healthy and mesh in the system to make us better. I also keep in mind that Ike can return and add the spark that he had before going down to injury.

All in all pretty excited, the road trip should tell us a little more about our team, but I think we'll be pretty good!

aero
11-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Its still early in the season, Im sure some people are ready to jump ship but you have to factor in that this is the first year of a new coach/system and players getting used to each other. Its still a work in progress.

idioteque
11-25-2007, 08:45 PM
I think this team will tread around the .500 mark for a little while.

However I think as the players continue to mesh in Obie's system and are able to get their bodies more used to run and shoot basketball we'll get stronger as the season continues. I think we'll finish the season 7 or so games above .500 at this rate.

Hicks
11-25-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm OK. I think they're looking like a team that might win something in the mid 40's when it's all said and done. That doesn't thrill me when I look to the future (I want high picks), but if they make some noise beyond the 1st round then I can deal with the late teens pick.

NorCal_Pacerfan
11-25-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm feeling optimistic. My main question right now is can JO get healthy (at last), fit into this offense and make the team better. Can Tinsley let go of his ego and not take lame 3 point shots near the end of the game? (and cut down on turnovers)

I think we can run with the best. We're a new team with a new coach and a new system. We could be doing a lot worse right now. Look at Chicago and Miami. Go figure.

JayRedd
11-25-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm Breezy.

Doddage
11-25-2007, 09:42 PM
As long as we're not sitting in the middle, as in either low seeded playoffs contention or low lottery position, then I'm ok. When I am certain of the direction this team is going, then I will be ok. But it has to be one of the extremes.

BoomBaby33
11-25-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm pretty excited right now. We just went through 4-5 of the best teams in the league and came out 3-2. Thats not bad IMO.

We need to pack our lunch pales, and go work hard on this road trip, and try to come back at .500 for this road trip. We are improving. Mainly because of Tins plays - admittedly the jury is still out right now for him. If he can maintain this level and consistency of play for the next 10 games, I will buy in more.

Oh yeah, and leave JO home.

Evan_The_Dude
11-25-2007, 09:56 PM
As long as they show progress, I'm happy. I also like that we're developing players from within. That bodes well for the future because we'll have players that other teams want in the offseason. Because of this see us making a blockbuster deal in the future that will bring our franchise to a level beyond what we saw from 93/94-99/00.

Roaming Gnome
11-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Considering that it's early in the season and we have a new coach and system...I'm actually happy with what were doing. I was just telling my wife that I was thrilled with the improvement that this staff has gotten out of David Harrison and their use of Shawne Williams. I enjoy the effort guys like Jamaal Tinsley are showing on defense. We just seem more receptive to our coaching staff and that is more then what we have seen for a while.

I'm pretty confident that this team is going to improve throught the year and that is all I really want. I'm not even worried about how we finish, just how we set ourselves up for the future.

Unclebuck
11-25-2007, 10:00 PM
I would say my mood about this team is cautiously optimistic. A week ago - I was very negative and downright scared about where things were headed. But the past few games - even the loss today has encouraged me. Not that I think the pacers are going to be more than about a .500 team. But a week ago I was fearing the worst

RamBo_Lamar
11-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Very optimistic here.

Not championship caliber optimistic, but enough that the lingering effects
of "the brawl" are starting to become a tiny dissapearing speck in the
rear-view mirror (finally).

The Pacers are definately a better (and much more likeable) team than last
season, and are once again headed in the right direction.

:boomer:

LAPacer
11-25-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm optimistic. But something about Dunleavy is starting to make me not like him so much.

Infinite MAN_force
11-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Optimistic. but we need to figure out the JO situation.

I think Shawne williams has the potential to become the go-to scorer we have been looking for, but he is not there yet and probably wont get there this year. In addition to that with Granger playing great, Diogu scoring at will in the post, and Tinsley elevating his game recently... theres some things to feel good about. Hell even Harrison is starting to look like a very solid backup center.

D-BONE
11-26-2007, 07:09 AM
I'm still sensing in the 38ish win range. Although I'll grant they're doing about what I'd have guessed or maybe even a bit better, my mood is basically BLEH.

The young guys are encouraging. Tins is paradoxically tantalizing and disgusting. JO's situation is frustrating and, frankly, I'd be fine if I never saw him log another minute for us. Murphleavy is a massively inconsistent and unfocused duo that I also could care less about seeing on the court frequently from this point forward.

Mourning
11-26-2007, 07:18 AM
I would say my mood about this team is cautiously optimistic. A week ago - I was very negative and downright scared about where things were headed. But the past few games - even the loss today has encouraged me. Not that I think the pacers are going to be more than about a .500 team. But a week ago I was fearing the worst

Ibidem.

Putnam
11-26-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm pretty confident that this team is going to improve throught the year and that is all I really want. I'm not even worried about how we finish, just how we set ourselves up for the future.

:cheers:

Don't even look at the standings.

Don't even think about the playoffs.

Just enjoy the hustle and the skill development of #1, #4, #33 (and #13?), and keep tearing away pages of the calendar.

<!-- / message -->

11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Very optimistic! We are ok... my expectations were low, but now i like what im seeing!

OakMoses
11-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm optimistic, but a little leery. I like the new coaching staff a lot. I like the new style. I like that it looks like we actually have a plan on defense other than "guard your own man."

But, I don't think that JO fits it at all, and I still don't believe that Tinsley will ever be the PG of a championship caliber team. That situation makes me a little leery of what's going to happen.

TheDon
11-26-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm optimistic, I think as soon as we figure out all the rotations we'll be even better on defense and win more. I think that's what so encouraging is we're beating good team and there's still room for improvement.:happydanc

Oneal07
11-26-2007, 12:50 PM
We need atleast a 5 game win streak. I want to see some consistency

bellisimo
11-26-2007, 01:34 PM
if we were in the west - optimistic...out in the east...I'm a bit worried...so far we have fared well against the Western teams than we have against the *L*eastern teams..and many people are saying we're playing in a more of a Western style ballgame...

Roy Munson
11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm not optimistic or pessimistic. Just realistic. I view the Pacers as somewhere between a 37 to 41 win team. I think they'll end up just a hair below .500 and probably 8,9 or 10 in the playoff standings.

This is an improvement over what I thought 2 weeks ago, but the way they've played without JO is a very good sign. The worst thing that could happen to them now would be for JO to return and start dominating the ball and slowing down play.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
11-26-2007, 02:09 PM
I feel the same way I felt this summer. We need to give up on winning now and start building for the future. But at least I can be happy that O'Brien has been giving our younger guys plenty of playing time. And I think they have all responded well: Danny is finally turning into the player weve all expected he could be, Ike looked great before the inury, Shawne is coming along well, and even Harrison has showed some improvement.

I still want Tinsley traded though, I can't stand his inconsistent approach to the game. And JO, even though I think he is being unfairly blamed, needs to be traded for some young talent/picks. I don't think that JO is bogging down the offense, its the players around him that stop moving every time JO gets the ball. But I don't think the others are ever going to break that habit so JO needs to go.