PDA

View Full Version : Andre Iguodala and Andre Miller might be available

immortality
11-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Rumor Link (http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/49398/20071125/sixers_are_fielding_offers_for_miller/)

New York Daily News -
The Sixers (http://sixers.realgm.com/) are open to fielding offers for Andre Miller (http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/420/andre_miller/) (Cleveland and Miami (http://heat.realgm.com/) are seen as his prime suitors) and plan to give Lou Williams more minutes at the point.

In the meantime, Andre Iguodala (http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/953/andre_iguodala/), who didn't get the contract extension he was looking for, is taking more shots and turning the ball over more than anyone on the team and complaining more, too. "His body language is worse than Iverson's ever was," reports one teammate. [READ] (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:rgmow%28%27/rgmow.php?aid=49398%27,%2749398%27%29)

I would trade JO and Shawn Williams for Andre Iguodala and Miller.

Coop
11-25-2007, 09:00 PM
I've always thought of Iggy as a good character guy and a great role model. I would hate for this to be true.

Doddage
11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I'd really prefer having Eric Gordon in next year's draft (if we do bad enough) than having Iggy. Miller, on the other hand, I'd be interested in having here.

aero
11-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Rumor Link (http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/49398/20071125/sixers_are_fielding_offers_for_miller/)

I would trade JO and Shawn Williams for Andre Iguodala and Miller.

good thing you're not the Pacers GM lol because I know I sure wouldn't pull the trigger on that trade.

Young
11-25-2007, 09:46 PM
I like Andre Miller. I think he is better than Jamaal. Although Andre can not shoot the long ball. I question overall how he would fit in under Jim O'Biren.

Andre Iguodala I see no real use for. Sure he is talented but not so much more so than Mike, Danny, or Shawne.

So between the two of them Andre is the only one I think the Pacers would have any real interest in.

I'm a little suprised the Cavs would have much interest in Miller since they have Daniel Gibson there.

I think the team that should really take a look at Andre is the Atlanta Hawks. Acie Law is young and talented and they have some nice veteran point guards like Anthony Johnson and Tyrone Lue but I think Andre is a big upgrade over what they have.

IndyFan032589
11-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Igoudala is good but I think Shawne Williams has shown several flashes of excellence this season, and wouldn't trade him. But I'd trade for Dre Miller, so that we can have a decent guard.

FlavaDave
11-25-2007, 10:45 PM
I would definitely be calling about Iggy. A core of Granger, Williams, Diogu, Daniels, and Iguodala would be downright exciting, wouldn't it?

So the question is this: With the chance to assemble the above core, and with our lack of depth at the PG position, would you trade JO for Iggy, Miller, and Kevin Ollie's expiring contract?

Hicks
11-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Yes I would, FlavaDave.

Evan_The_Dude
11-25-2007, 10:48 PM
I'd take Dre Miller if we could keep Jamaal, but I wouldn't trade this years Jamaal for him. Shawne for Iguodala? I like Iguodala but I think Shawne's ceiling is just as high as Iggy's, so I think that would make for a trade for the sake of just doing a trade. I'd rather trade a player that doesn't fit here than trade a player that does.

Aw Heck
11-25-2007, 10:57 PM
I would definitely be calling about Iggy. A core of Granger, Williams, Diogu, Daniels, and Iguodala would be downright exciting, wouldn't it?

So the question is this: With the chance to assemble the above core, and with our lack of depth at the PG position, would you trade JO for Iggy, Miller, and Kevin Ollie's expiring contract?
I would, but I'm pretty sure Philly wouldn't. They just got rid of an aging, injury-riddled PF who's paid $20 million last year. I don't think with the situation that they're in (the post-Iverson rebuilding era) that they're going to want to take on JO's salary and give up Iggy and Miller to do it.

If you trade JO to the Sixers, and they lose both Miller and Iggy, you're probably going to have to give up Shawne or Granger and a pick.

Another problem that arises is that we'd have 2 PG's that want to start. Pouting Tinsley is not the Tinsley we like to see. So if we trade for Miller, we'd have to move him to a 3rd team or else trade Tinsley (which is easier said than done).

Evan_The_Dude
11-25-2007, 11:02 PM
So if we trade for Miller, we'd have to move him to a 3rd team or else trade Tinsley (which is easier said than done).

I don't think trading Tinsley would be all that hard right about now. I'm sure teams are starting to take notice. But right now I wouldn't trade him.

Wu-Gambino
11-25-2007, 11:18 PM
I would, but I'm pretty sure Philly wouldn't. They just got rid of an aging, injury-riddled PF who's paid $20 million last year. I don't think with the situation that they're in (the post-Iverson rebuilding era) that they're going to want to take on JO's salary and give up Iggy and Miller to do it.

If you trade JO to the Sixers, and they lose both Miller and Iggy, you're probably going to have to give up Shawne or Granger and a pick.

Another problem that arises is that we'd have 2 PG's that want to start. Pouting Tinsley is not the Tinsley we like to see. So if we trade for Miller, we'd have to move him to a 3rd team or else trade Tinsley (which is easier said than done).

This is Billy King, a mock Billy King quote from an old Sports Guy column

I'm also a big fan of giving out absurd contracts that tie up your cap space, for three reasons. First, it drives the fans crazy and gets them talking about the team. Second, your fans won't complain that you aren't making any big moves, simply because you can't make any big moves, your lack of cap space prohibits you from getting quality guys unless they have baggage. And third, when people look back and try to put your reign in some sort of historical context, those salary numbers will jump out even more.

Just look at what I've done in Philly: Since we made the 2001 Finals, I gave Mutombo a $68 million extension even though he could have been, like, 48 years old for all we knew. I gave $35.5 million to Aaron McKie. I gave $29 million to Eric Snow. I gave $18 million to Greg Buckner. I gave $40 million to Kenny Thomas and $25 million to Brian Skinner. I gave $25 million to Kyle Korver and $60 million to Sam Dalembert last summer. That's $300 million of contracts to guys who were either on the decline or never that good in the first place. Plus, I traded for other bad contracts, guys like Keith Van Horn, Glenn Robinson, Kevin Ollie, you name it. And then, last February, the pinnacle -- dumping three bad contracts for C-Webb, who everyone thought couldn't be traded because of his contract and because he ran with a limp. Now we have an aging team built around two past-their-prime stars and our cap space is killed through 2008. And we completely wasted Iverson's prime, when he was one of the best players of his generation.

IndyFan032589
11-25-2007, 11:37 PM

That's trading 26.1ppg(Pacers) for 32.4ppg(76ers)

And it's also giving them an extra $14 Million to have to pay.

This would be an awesome trade, but they'd be stupid to do that.

FlavaDave
11-26-2007, 12:03 AM
That's trading 26.1ppg(Pacers) for 32.4ppg(76ers)

And it's also giving them an extra $14 Million to have to pay.

This would be an awesome trade, but they'd be stupid to do that.

Now rewind the clock to two years ago. We would laugh at that kind of value for JO. Wow, how things have changed.

I think this could be a serious possibility. Philly would have to be a little stupid, but when has that stopped them before?

imawhat
11-26-2007, 12:05 AM
I'd take Andre Miller in a split second. Iggy no, but Andre would do well with our team. I think realistically, he's about the best option we could get.

LAPacer
11-26-2007, 12:25 AM
I like Andre Miller. He would help Jermaine alot.

Pacerized
11-26-2007, 03:19 AM
I don't see Iguodala as a player that would help this team. That is unless we could ditch Murphy in the process. I've always thought of Miller as a consistent pg, which would be an upgrade over Tins. If we could offer Tins, and Shawn for Miller I'd go for it. The idea of trading J.O. for anything right now is absurd to me. I still think J.O. will come back and at the very least increase his trade value by the end of the season, hopefully before the all star break. I know it's frustrating to see J.O. out again, but there's no indication that his injury is serious.

Naptown_Seth
11-26-2007, 03:26 AM
Andre Miller? I don't really want Iggy, but I'd love to see Dre wind up here. Honestly I think the Pacers could have put together a nice package last year to get into a 3 way with DEN-PHI and gotten him in then. I wonder if they even investigated it.

Miller is a great possession protector, great shot selector and an outstanding defender. I honestly prefer his game to AI's any day, he's far more efficient.

But given the draft situation and how impressive both Shawne and Danny have been this year, I'm not sure I'd risk dealing either of them for Miller. I wonder if they'd have interest in Ike rather than a bigger package for JO (which I doubt they'd want anyway without a 4/33 carrot included).

Of course making a move for Miller means you'd have to deal Tins, and other than Lebron James I don't know that anyone likes his play enough to give him decent market value.

DGPR
11-26-2007, 04:44 AM
The sixers have a few young talented prospects that I'd like to see in a Pacer jersey. I was actually pulling for us to draft Carney last year but we took Williams instead, (not that it's a bad thing seriously). Lou Williams is looking really good this year and isn't bad for a middle second round draft pick. They have a nice core of young guys who just need to put it together as a team and get more experience.

maragin
11-26-2007, 06:14 AM
I've liked both of them for a while now, and would like to see them end up here. Checking my post history, I've been suggesting trades for Iguodala since '06 and Dre Miller since his Denver days.

I don't know what it'd take to get them, but I'd be intrigued by the possibility.

hoopsforlife
11-26-2007, 06:37 AM

Yes

D-BONE
11-26-2007, 08:13 AM
I have always liked Miller, but is he an ideal fit for JOB's offense? Seems to me he might have been more appropriate for an RC style offense.

At any rate, as has been alluded to, JT and AM both spell trouble I think. However, if Miller could fit here and Tins could be shipped, I think I'd do it.
But I don't know if I'd do it at the cost of our young guys though.

Iguodala was annoited with upcoming star status, but, honestly, I don't see it. He could give us minutes at the 2, but he's not really a natural 2. He'd be more like adding yet another 3. Just doesn't do much for me barring what we'd have to give up.

Mourning
11-26-2007, 08:14 AM
I have liked Miller since his time in Cleveland.

I'm not really sure why people aren't interested in Iggy. I don't know a lot about him, except that I always thought he was primary a SG and a very good defensive one at it, while having some good offensive moves and potential aswell and that he has good length for a SG.

I view SG as our weakest filled position with regards to talent and defense, so at first sight I would def. have interest in bringing in Iggy. I would think that any trade that moves JO out of Indy should net us atleast a serviceable C or PF (with a preference for a C) I don't really see that in trades with Phillie, but ok.

Just wondering if there are some people who know more about Iggy and why he wouldn't fit in with the Pacers (how is his range anyway)?

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

IndyFan032589
11-26-2007, 08:54 AM
I don't see Iguodala as a player that would help this team. That is unless we could ditch Murphy in the process. I've always thought of Miller as a consistent pg, which would be an upgrade over Tins. If we could offer Tins, and Shawn for Miller I'd go for it. The idea of trading J.O. for anything right now is absurd to me. I still think J.O. will come back and at the very least increase his trade value by the end of the season, hopefully before the all star break. I know it's frustrating to see J.O. out again, but there's no indication that his injury is serious.

God, please do so. I might pitch in if that happens.

Unclebuck
11-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Not to ruin all the fun - but I just don't see the Sixers wanting anything we have to offer. I assume they want young players, draft pics and expiring contracts. They don't want Troy, Mike, JO - unless they know he's going to opt out, or Jamaal.

If the Sixers want anyone from our roster they are going to want Ike, Granger, Williams - just the players we don't want to give up.

IndyFan032589
11-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Not to ruin all the fun - but I just don't see the Sixers wanting anything we have to offer. I assume they want young players, draft pics and expiring contracts. They don't want Troy, Mike, JO - unless they know he's going to opt out, Jamaal.

If the Sixers want anyone from our roster they are going to want Ike, Granger, Williams - just the players we don't want to give up.

We have a winner.

naptownmenace
11-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Not to ruin all the fun - but I just don't see the Sixers wanting anything we have to offer. I assume they want young players, draft pics and expiring contracts. They don't want Troy, Mike, JO - unless they know he's going to opt out, Jamaal.

Finally. I was wondering when someone was going to post this.

I've been wanting Dre Miller since before the 61 win season but other than the 3 guys you mentioned, I don't see them being interested.

OakMoses
11-26-2007, 11:35 AM
It's funny to me that we love to complain about our lack of perimeter defense and blast Dunleavy for his inability to guard SG's, but when we get a chance at a guy like Iguodala, who is the guy that can match up defensively with any 2 guard in the league, we can't find a reason to like him.

I agree with those who say there's no way we could pull such a trade off, but I'd give up Ike for Iggy, and I like Ike. A lineup that features Iguodala, Danny, and Shawne at the 2-3-4 positions playing under Jim O'Brien could be incredibly effective.

Mourning
11-26-2007, 11:52 AM
It's funny to me that we love to complain about our lack of perimeter defense and blast Dunleavy for his inability to guard SG's, but when we get a chance at a guy like Iguodala, who is the guy that can match up defensively with any 2 guard in the league, we can't find a reason to like him.

I agree with those who say there's no way we could pull such a trade off, but I'd give up Ike for Iggy, and I like Ike. A lineup that features Iguodala, Danny, and Shawne at the 2-3-4 positions playing under Jim O'Brien could be incredibly effective.

Exactly! Which is why I am wondering what I am missing here. Must be something pretty obvious. I thought he could shoot the ball decently, plays D, can play SF aswell (not really needed, but always handy), etc. So, what am I not seeying? I have no idea.

Regards,

immortality
11-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Exactly! Which is why I am wondering what I am missing here. Must be something pretty obvious. I thought he could shoot the ball decently, plays D, can play SF aswell (not really needed, but always handy), etc. So, what am I not seeying? I have no idea.

Regards,

Thats what I was thinking when I made the thread, either his defensive skills are more prominent since he plays for a bad team, or he actually has some. Whats obvious is that he is definitely a better defender than Dunleavy . Iggy usually gives great fantasy lines too :). I wouldn't mind trading Shawn Williams for Iggy, because you don't too many prospects.

JayRedd
11-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah...Andre Igoudala! Sweet. Al 2.0!

I mean, it's not that I love him all that much...but I'm just not sure we can pass up the opportunity to get another SF on this roster. Seriously, I really think we can reach double-digits if we set our mind to it!

:rolleyes:

Hicks
11-26-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm pretty sure Andre is/can be a big 2.....

And no, I don't mean like Mike or Danny.

Coop
11-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I would gladly take Iggy if we can get rid of one of our shooting guards, primarily Dunleavy. I've tried to like the guy and I appreciate how he does the small things but I just don't see him helping us much in this system. Iggy is only 23 and is putting up 19, 7, and 5. He's a great defender and he's not a terrible shooter either.

Hicks
11-26-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Andre is/can be a big 2.....

And no, I don't mean like Mike or Danny.

I just looked further. He's 6'6" and 207 lbs. Sounds like a 2-guard to me.

d_c
11-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Honestly, I don't think the 76ers are trading Igoudala. Not for players on the Pacers who play the same position as him and aren't as good, anyways.

I don't see a trade between Indy and Philly lining up.

And as mentioned by UB and some others, if you want another team's good young player, be prepared to give up one of your own good young players at the very least. A rebuilding team starting from the bottom isn't going to want the contract of a middle aged player like Tinsley, Dunleavy or Murphy. That gets them nowhere.

JayRedd
11-26-2007, 07:42 PM
I just looked further. He's 6'6" and 207 lbs. Sounds like a 2-guard to me.

Disagree. He's not a primary ball handler, IMO.

avoidingtheclowns
11-26-2007, 08:54 PM

nevermind the whole shooting guard that can't shoot thing

D-BONE
11-26-2007, 09:00 PM
The only things I can give you on Iguodala IMO is yes he would upgrade our perimeter D significantly. In addition, theoretically, athletically he is suited to an up-tempo style.

However, I still think he's more in the SF mold than the SG mold. He doesn't shoot that well and his handles are suspect.

Again, I'd gladly take him and/or Miller if we could magically make them agree to a swap not including one of our young guys. Others have already pointed out the improbability of such a scenario.

sweabs
11-26-2007, 09:02 PM
I agree. The guy has been a turnover machine when he's out on the perimeter trying to do too much.

Mourning
11-26-2007, 09:05 PM
But, couldn't that have anything to do with probably beying the focus of the other teams defence and probably getting the best defenders thrown at him aswell?

I mean ... except Iggy and Miller who do there opponents really need to guard?

Put someone on Korver to prevent him just shooting three's, whatelse?

Regards,

sweabs
11-26-2007, 09:07 PM
I just get the impression from watching him play. I've seen Philly maybe 3 times this year. But he's been like this since he came in the league. He's just not a guy you can count on to handle the ball outside the perimeter because he lacks good dribbling skills. If a team puts pressure on him, he's likely to commit the turnover.

I like Iguodala - but at the 3 spot ideally.

d_c
11-26-2007, 09:24 PM
I just get the impression from watching him play. I've seen Philly maybe 3 times this year. But he's been like this since he came in the league. He's just not a guy you can count on to handle the ball outside the perimeter because he lacks good dribbling skills. If a team puts pressure on him, he's likely to commit the turnover.

I like Iguodala - but at the 3 spot ideally.

What is often overlooked is that Igoudala is a pretty good playmaker. He's a career 4 assists per game player. Pretty darn good. That's the kind of number that's been envisioned for Mike Dunleavy, but simply hasn't happened.

The big thing right now is that he's a second or third option that is being defended like a 1st option by opposing teams. It's his 4th year in the league. Teams have the book on him and he's no longer playing next to Iverson. He's being keyed on. He's not going to look good as a #1 option, but he's a damn good complementary piece.

Anthem
11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
What is often overlooked is that Igoudala is a pretty good playmaker. He's a career 4 assists per game player. Pretty darn good.
Put me on a team with Iverson, and *I* could average 4 assists per game.

Passing him the ball anywhere on the court is a potential assist.

avoidingtheclowns
11-26-2007, 10:05 PM

i get the feeling nate robinson could probably beat you in a dunk competition too.

d_c
11-26-2007, 10:12 PM

FTR, Igoudala is playing w/o Iverson this year and averaging 5 assists a game.

Anthem
11-26-2007, 10:23 PM
FTR, Igoudala is playing w/o Iverson this year and averaging 5 assists a game.
Really? I hadn't bothered to look. That's something, then. I'd still prefer a shooting guard that can shoot. Or, failing that, drive.

I'd still prefer Granger/Iggy to Dun/Granger, but I don't see how we'd go about getting Iggy and Andre (who I really like). Jermaine makes no sense for them... if they trade those two guys then they're shooting for the lottery.

d_c
11-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Really? I hadn't bothered to look. That's something, then. I'd still prefer a shooting guard that can shoot. Or, failing that, drive.

I'd still prefer Granger/Iggy to Dun/Granger, but I don't see how we'd go about getting Iggy and Andre (who I really like). Jermaine makes no sense for them... if they trade those two guys then they're shooting for the lottery.

The Sixers aren't trading Igoudala.

The only thing this year is proving is that Igoudala is a 2nd/3rd option who can't handle carrying a bad team all by himself, which is something that most people already knew.

If he was playing next to Lebron (which he really should be because the Cavs should have taken him and not Luke Jackson), people would be raving about what a perfect complement he is to a superstar. And hey, if the 76ers are bad enough to get one of Rose, Beasley or Mayo, then all of a sudden Igoudala starts looking like a pretty good 2nd option again.

Andre Miller is another story. I'm sure they'd be open to trading him. Really a bad trade to wind up with Miller and Jason Smith as the compensation for Iverson. That is pretty bad, especially considering that Miller almost singlehandedly took them out of the Oden/Durant sweepstakes.

But even tho they're open to trading him, Miller's deal expires after next year and the 76ers are rebuilding. They're not going to trade Miller for a middle aged player with a long contract (read Tinsley, Murphy, Dunleavy). They're going to look to trade him to a playoff team looking for immediate help at PG and look for a young guy/draft pick in return.

76ers and Indy really aren't good trading partners.

Anthem
11-26-2007, 11:06 PM
76ers and Indy really aren't good trading partners.
Agreed.