PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Down By Three - Who Do You Want To Take the Shot?

bellisimo
11-25-2007, 06:57 PM
It used to be all about Uncle Reg getting the last second shot...
with this current team - who is your go-to guy?
Just had Shawne try to be the hero today but he came up short...
I've seen DG give it a try a few times last year but he wasn't so effective either...although its a new season now and he definitely has more swagger...

who is your go-to-guy and why? :)

JayRedd
11-25-2007, 06:59 PM
I choose Adult Boomer.

We just don't have a go-to scorer. Marquis or JT are the closest things we have and...um...yeah...

In summation, Marquis or JT are the closest things we have to go-to scorers in the clutch...really all I need to say on the matter.

Shade
11-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Shawne.

I was pleasantly surprised he got the shot today, and had he squared up instead of fading away, I'm confident he would have hit it.

I keep saying it; Shawne Williams is the best shooter on this team.

hoopsforlife
11-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I voted other because I would like to have who ever we trade Jo and Tinsley for take the last shot.

Larry please trade these two guys ASAP.

Shade
11-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I voted other because I would like to have who ever we trade Jo and Tinsley for take the last shot.

Larry please trade these two guys ASAP.

You really don't need to post this in every thread. We all heard you the first time.

Hicks
11-25-2007, 10:34 PM
We really don't have anybody, but like Shade I'm happy to see Shawne get a look.

NorCal_Pacerfan
11-25-2007, 10:39 PM
At present Tinsley has zero votes. That says a lot right there. Tin, sorry but don't take lame 3 point shots near the end of the game.

I voted for Granger, and my second option would be Dun.

Roaming Gnome
11-25-2007, 11:13 PM
I also voted other...

I don't think we have a "go-to guy" just yet. In a couple years...Shawne or Danny might be the guy, but until then...I don't see a guy that shines above the rest for knocking down that clutch shot.

Unclebuck
11-25-2007, 11:31 PM
I think Shawne is the best shooter we have - at least as far as shooting talent - in other words once he learns what he is doing out there - he'll be our best shooter.

tora tora
11-26-2007, 12:56 AM
Shawne Williams, no contest...

imawhat
11-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Kareem Rush, without a second thought. He's got the quickest shot on the team and is most likely to make, regardless of how contested the shot is. Plus, I love the way he carries himself on the court. He wants to take that shot.

To me, it's obvious Danny isn't ready yet, and while Shawne may have the sweetest shot on the team, I'm not quite sold on him in the clutch. Maybe my opinion will change in time.

Naptown_Seth
11-26-2007, 03:30 AM
Shawne.

I was pleasantly surprised he got the shot today, and had he squared up instead of fading away, I'm confident he would have hit it.

I agree. He's got a pure shot in his blood. Of course Danny shows improvements to his overall offense every week or so and could be turning himself into a general "get your own" clutch type. But then flipping right back on myself I'm equally impressed with some of Shawne's silky moves, especially his deft finger roll.

hoopsforlife
11-26-2007, 06:34 AM
You really don't need to post this in every thread. We all heard you the first time.

I'm sorry Shade. I just dislike Tinsleys game and want to see him gone. He can be a very good player when he wants to be, unfortunately, he chooses far too often to be a selfish, immature, shot chucker with no concept of team play. He cost us the Cavs game inspite of or because of his wonderful personal stats. There are too many poorly chosen shots taken at inopportune times along with the "I will now show this pathetic team I'm playing how a real man plays this game" attitude.

I'm sorry but it brings out a bad nature in me when I watch it happening. I long for the day he is gone from this team. For me it will clean the slate and wrap up a bad era in Pacer history.

PS: I want JO to go to another team where he can fit into a plan that works for him. I like JO's game but he needs to go where he can succeed. Its just not on the Pacer team anymore.

pwee31
11-26-2007, 12:39 PM
I went with Dunleavy. The problem being him not able to create his shot, but we have players who can drive and get him the ball. He didn't shoot much at all during the Cavs game, but hit a big 3 when we were tied at 90-90.

Creating a shot, a may go with someone else, but as for catching and shooting, or coming off a curl or screen... I'll take Dun Dun

Unclebuck
11-26-2007, 01:02 PM
I went with Dunleavy. The problem being him not able to create his shot, but we have players who can drive and get him the ball. He didn't shoot much at all during the Cavs game, but hit a big 3 when we were tied at 90-90.

Creating a shot, a may go with someone else, but as for catching and shooting, or coming off a curl or screen... I'll take Dun Dun

I agree with you if we need a two (although his three pt shooting has really improved) but for a three, I would rather Granger or Williams

Ragnar
11-26-2007, 01:34 PM
I like how everyone ignores that both Jamaal and Jermaine have hit several game winners.

That being said I would still put it in Shawne or Danny's hands. They wont hit them all but they will hit enough.

pig norton
11-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Williams, with Granger as a very close second.

NPFII
11-27-2007, 07:27 AM
I went with Dunleavy.

It's all about confidence with him, and if he gets the green light - he'll step up.

I see Dunleavy as the future leader of the Pacers after JO and Tinsley are gone, and I think he has it in him to be a leader (much more than JO/Tins, anyway).

As far as talent - I think he's got it as well. Once his shot is falling (confidence!) - he can be a major threat at crunch.

LAPacer
11-27-2007, 12:20 PM
I picked Rush as he has shown he can hit big shots in big games in the past. I don't really like Rush, but I tried to pick the person who I thought would make it.

Shawne Williams had a chance in the last game but missed pretty badly. He would have been my second choice.

ab2cmiller
11-27-2007, 06:51 PM
I voted other.

I say give the ball to Boomer. We just have to figure out a way to sneak the trampoline onto the court. With his leaping ability and that stinking trampoline he can take off from the three point line and dunk it.

Cactus Jax
11-27-2007, 07:01 PM
I like how everyone ignores that both Jamaal and Jermaine have hit several game winners.

That being said I would still put it in Shawne or Danny's hands. They wont hit them all but they will hit enough.

How many has JO actually hit? The only one I can remember is that shot against the Pistons, and honestly it shouldnt have counted, not that it takes away from the fact he made it.

JT seems to hit a fair-share of the "back breaker" shots but ive never seem him win a game with a shot from memory.

Today, I say Granger, maybe in a year or 2 I'll say Shawne, but as others have said, he needs to learn how to play in those types of conditions first.

bellisimo
12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm going to go with JT.... :)

Lord Helmet
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Danny or Shawne.

Trader Joe
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Jamaal Tinsley.

TheDon
12-02-2007, 07:03 PM
After these last few west coast games, especially jamal's back to back 3's in the LA game I wholeheartedly say Jamaal.

ABADays
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM

Ragnar - the title of the thread said "Down by 3". Why would anyone want JO or Tinsley shooting an end of game 3?

pacerwaala
12-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Shawne.

For Shawne to be the best shooter on this team, he needs to make more of his free throws, don't you think. I think Dunleavy would be the best shooter on this team. His form is just so pure.

bellisimo
12-04-2007, 10:26 PM
well DG gave it a go tonight...
came up empty. :(

andreialta
12-04-2007, 10:28 PM
well DG gave it a go tonight...
came up empty. :(

GOOD SHOT tho...

pwee31
12-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Dunleavy had hit 2 big 3 late in the 4th already. Would've like to see him take the last one personally.

I understand bringing a guy in off the bench who can shoot the 3 b/c they're a good shooter, but I think it's hard to just be sitting and then called upon to come in a take a shot from that distance that means so much