PDA

View Full Version : ROT IN HELL, TIME WARNER FREAKING CABLE!

Anthem
11-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Great gravy, what an inept company. For those not in the know, TWC is the primary cable provider for the 'Nati. I get my TV and broadband through them.

A month ago, I started noticing problems with my network connection. I'll start browsing, then all of the sudden everything's gone. It dies immediately if I try to download a big file.

I called TWC to ask what was up, and the guy on the phone says "No, I'm showing no problems in your area. Must be your problem. Unplug the modem then plug it back in." I keep pressuring him, for example asking if he can see my modem. And he admits that he can't see anything in my area of town... all of his diagnostic programs have stopped running in my grid. "But I can't verify that there's a problem" he says. "Buddy, *I* can verify it!" But he says call back next week.

Next week I call back and get a recording: "We can verify that there is a problem in your area. We have a team working to correct the problem and they will not leave until service is back to normal." Fine. End of the week, still having problems. Same recording. Next week, same thing. NEXT week, same thing.

So today it's worse than ever, and I call TWC to ask when they think they'll have it fixed. Tech says everything is fixed, and suggests I reboot my modem. Which I've done half-a-dozen times this week.

So they're sending a tech Tuesday night. In the meantime, Time Warner Cable:

ROT IN HELL!

Anthem
11-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Because I haven't had net access, I've been both more and less productive. More productive, because I haven't spent hours on here talking about our 30-win team. Less productive, though, because when I need to get something online, I can't do it.

Hopefully once I get my connection back I'll keep my non-time-wasting habits.

Cobol Sam
11-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Hopefully once I get my connection back I'll keep my non-time-wasting habits.

I've had similar situations, but I usually resume my time wasting potential within a week or two of things returning to normal.

heywoode
11-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Damn. Sucks for you Time Warner victims...

Bball
11-24-2007, 01:22 AM
Have you tried a new modem?

-Bball

Anthem
11-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Have you tried a new modem?

-Bball
Nope, should I? I haven't had any problems in the previous two years I've used this modem...