PDA

View Full Version : isiah Thomas firing watch

Slick Pinkham
11-21-2007, 10:59 AM
T-minus how many days and counting?

With the home fans chanting for his ouster, the team playing like crap, and the coach costing the team millions for his behavior,

the end simply has to be near.

when?

naptownmenace
11-21-2007, 11:03 AM
If they fire him, they still have to pay him. I think they wait it out until the end of the season.

Shade
11-21-2007, 11:05 AM
:booprivatepoll:

I say before X-Mas.

Kegboy
11-21-2007, 11:14 AM
:booprivatepoll:

Aren't they still paying Larry Brown?

Hicks
11-21-2007, 11:14 AM
I voted end of season, but only because there was no longer option that resulted in termination. They just gave the man a 4 year extension. They've supported him through his BS with the lady, and so far through this BS as well. He's going to have to kill someone to get fired.

travmil
11-21-2007, 11:15 AM
I voted before Christmas as well. Who cares if they still have to pay him? Just promote one of his assistants, maybe Herb Williams again, who you will also be paying for the remainder of the season. Williams has already done two tours of duty as the Knicks interim head coach, why not a third? Simple.

Speed
11-21-2007, 11:17 AM
They just gave the man a 4 year extension. .

I read somewhere at 24 million dollars, un freaking believeable. Please hook me up with a gig where I do what he's done and get rewarded.

Slick Pinkham
11-21-2007, 11:27 AM
dang it... I hate it when I forget to check the public poll button.

Could this be made the default setting someday?

Gyron
11-21-2007, 11:36 AM
www.freebtown.com (http://www.freebtown.com)

Boo Private Poll!

Anyways, as for Mal's remark about him having to kill someone, I think he's on the very edge of doing so. I mean he threw the entire team out of practice the other day. This man is like a postal employee who has just been given an AK47 for a christmas present.....

Hicks
11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Unfortunately I can't set it to default unless someone out there's made a mod/hack that does that. I'll take a look.

grace
11-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Personally, I don't know why any of us should give a rat's rear end when he gets fired from the Knicks.

ABADays
11-21-2007, 01:46 PM
I read somewhere at 24 million dollars, un freaking believeable. Please hook me up with a gig where I do what he's done and get rewarded.

Just apply at any of the major US airlines.

avoidingtheclowns
11-21-2007, 02:04 PM
He's going to have to kill someone to get fired.

Anyways, as for Mal's remark about him having to kill someone, I think he's on the very edge of doing so.

i'm not totally convinced he hasn't. what do you think starbury has on him?

JayRedd
11-21-2007, 02:45 PM
i'm not totally convinced he hasn't. what do you think starbury has on him?

You have no idea what he knows.

Slick Pinkham
11-30-2007, 08:16 AM
I think that the "before Chrismas" people simply HAVE to be right.

It has become toxic.

JayRedd
11-30-2007, 09:47 AM
We should add a "By Monday" option.

jeffg-body
11-30-2007, 09:53 AM
I have to say it will be very soon. I was amazed how little he looked like he cared last night while his team was taken to the woodshed, ho smacked, prison wifed, backhanded like they were.:D

The young talent that they have just looked in a daze and could have been a good prozac add.

I think he sees the writing on the wall.:buddies:

Was the Knicks that bad or are the Celts that good? I'd say somewhere in between.:cool:

Young
11-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't know when Isiah gets fired.

I am wondering how long Dolan keeps the team? To bad there isn't a way to force owners to sell the team, atleast that I know of.

The Knicks are the worst run organization in all of sports or atleast pretty close to it and it's just to bad.

I don't know if it will matter if Thomas is running that team or not. As long as Dolan owns them they will prolly always suck and always be a joke.

I mean really what qualified canidate is going to want to coach that team? Run the team?

The team is a mess. Thomas should be fired after this season. No sense in firing him just to pay someone money to coach and run that team for half a season. Besides if everyone has to sit and watch that team atleast make the man who put it together coach it and suffer from having to deal with it day to day.

DisplacedKnick
11-30-2007, 02:49 PM
I don't know if it will matter if Thomas is running that team or not. As long as Dolan owns them they will prolly always suck and always be a joke.

QFT.

IMO, he won't be fired until after the Brown-Sanders appeal. I also think that's what Marbury's referring to with his "I have something on Isiah" comments. Of course Marbury's a complete idiot so it may be the same as 98% of what comes out of his mouth - totally meaningless.

On the bright side, Daddy Dolan has been riding little Jimmy about what's been going on. It's possible - not likely but possible - that little Jimmy won't have an NBA franchise to play with much longer.