PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Trade Cook and Evans for Magic's Ariza

andreialta
11-20-2007, 06:48 PM
i assume none of them will be playing tonight right? so the lakers are going to be much more undermanned now.

so a win tonight per say?

rexnom
11-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Damn, i like this trade for the Lakers. Just goes to show how undermanned the Magic are up front.

ajbry
11-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't think anyone's ever gameplanned for Maurice Evans or Brian Cook. But I guess it gives a little more advantage to the Pacers simply due to bench depth.

bellisimo
11-20-2007, 06:54 PM
crap - i had just picked up Evans on my fantasy team as well - bummer

sportsmusicxboxpacer
11-20-2007, 07:10 PM
lakers get what and how lakers big man depth

indygeezer
11-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Missed in this is that Bo Outlaw was released to make room on the Magic.

I always like Bo as a defender and rebounder.....does he have ANY game left?

DisapointedPacerFan
11-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Cook and Evans aren't much. It says they were looking for a big man and Cook fills that...which IMO thats a joke.

D-BONE
11-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Good trade for L.A. Cook is weak despite his shooting ability. Just taking minutes from Bynum anyway. Ariza is a big potential guy but his defensive upside is what is most enticing. They don't lose much even if Ariza never pans out.

NPFII
11-21-2007, 07:13 AM
I think Orlando got the better end of that deal.
Evans is a SG/SF, which they desperately need (they start Keith Bogans for crying out loud)
Cook is another SF/PF who can shoot the ball and feed off Dwight Howard.

Ariza seems to me like a Bowen-super-lite. He's a good defender, but nothing more. Can't shoot, can't handle, can't bang. The Lakers can make good on him cause he doesn't need Kobe's ball, and can help on D.

Good trade both ways. Orlando gets the edge, IMO.

D-BONE
11-21-2007, 07:19 AM
I think Orlando got the better end of that deal.
Evans is a SG/SF, which they desperately need (they start Keith Bogans for crying out loud)
Cook is another SF/PF who can shoot the ball and feed off Dwight Howard.

Ariza seems to me like a Bowen-super-lite. He's a good defender, but nothing more. Can't shoot, can't handle, can't bang. The Lakers can make good on him cause he doesn't need Kobe's ball, and can help on D.

Good trade both ways. Orlando gets the edge, IMO.

You may be right. All I keep thinking is how much I'd love to have somebody considered "superlite" in lots of things but specializing in defense. We are so hurting for defensive minded guys.

FlavaDave
11-21-2007, 11:17 AM
lakers get what and how lakers big man depth

You're e.e. cummings, aren't you?

Major Cold
11-21-2007, 11:41 AM
You're e.e. cummings, aren't you?

post of the year (poetry speaking) and yes this beats any haiku.