PDA

View Full Version : Pacer Digest Forum Party in less than 5 weeks.....

Jose Slaughter
05-30-2004, 03:14 AM
Saturday July 10 at 6:00

Castleton Pizza King

Each summer we have a little get together to meet & greet the friends that we have made here on line over the years.

The date, time & location are listed above.

There are a couple rules that we have.

1. Everyone that reads this forum is invited.

2. If you have mentioned you will be there & can't make it, no biggie. If you show up out of the blue, then you will be a surprised guest & thats always fun.

3. I only listed a start time as a general rule of thumb. If you want to arrive a few minutes early & try to outlast Peck, Uncle Buck & myself, good luck.

If you want to arrive late & just stay for an ice cold Dr. Pepper, that's fine too.

We never have had a set "agenda" or anything like that. We usually start off talking Pacer basketball & that leads to general NBA & forum discussions.

The Pizza King serves a pretty good pizza as well as the usual selections you might find in a family dinner.

There is beer & wine available but you will need to be 21 to enjoy. The atmosphere & discussion is always "family friendly", so if you would like to bring along younger Pacer fans, that would be great too.

I like to make sure I get the word out early & offen because we have some friends that might be coming in from out of town & I want to make sure they have ample notice.

As you might recall. I will not have a set "guest" list but I will have a couple list that I will refer to from time to time.

The first is the I am really gonna try to make it list.

The second will be the I want to, but I won't know until the last minute list.

I'll post another "Pacer Digest Pacer Forum Party" thread each weekend until the big day. You can add, subtract or change from one list to another as offen as you like.

Here is a list of some of the locals I would like to hear from.

Burtrem Redneck
Kegboy
Tim
Big Mac
Tseramid
Indy Geezer
GEL
Grace
Skaut Ech
Aw Heck
Dukins
ISU Pacer Fanatic
kyb jones
Steve
pb 777

I am really gonna try to make it

Jose Slaughter
Peck
Fire the Coach
Diamond Dave
Zesty
Burnzone
ABA Days
Hicks
Uncle Buck
Magic Rat
Suaveness
RWB
Mrs. RWB
Roaming Gnome

I want to, but I won't know until the last minute

ABADays
05-30-2004, 08:39 AM
I will be there Jose.

Hicks
05-30-2004, 11:07 AM
I am really gonna try to make it if my nerves hold up. :)

Unclebuck
06-01-2004, 12:53 AM
I will be there

FireTheCoach
06-01-2004, 07:49 AM
WARNING WARNING WARNING

I'll definitely be there.

:D

RWB
06-01-2004, 10:30 AM
Can posters from the RATS board attend?

Suaveness
06-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Put me on the "I am really gonna try to make it" list.

RWB
06-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Put us (Mr. and Mrs. RWB) on the really gonna try list. To any females thinking about coming to the party there'll be one lady fan in attendance so don't be afraid to come on out. Also anyone who is an old ABA fan and would like a chance at a BK autograph might want to show. :dance:

Peck
06-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Um, is that BK for Billy Knight or Billy Keller?

MagicRat
06-01-2004, 05:07 PM
I heard it was actually the one and only Burger King.....
http://theimaginaryworld.com/tiki112.jpg

*insert photo of RWB in paper BK crown here*

I'll plan on attending at least some portion of the festivities.......

FireTheCoach
06-01-2004, 11:48 PM
nah.... RWB has the hook-up, trust me. You have to see the Pacer stuff RWB and his wife have collected. It's some incredible stuff for those truly die hard longtime fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if Billy Kight shows up for this one.

kerosene
06-02-2004, 12:34 AM

Yeah, that'd be nice, but can you get that girl from your old avatar to show up? :drool:

Suaveness
06-02-2004, 09:03 AM

Yeah, that'd be nice, but can you get that girl from your old avatar to show up? :drool:

Oh yes... :o

RWB
06-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Yeah Peck, we're talking Keller here. I invited him to the last one (sadly the one the Mrs. and I also missed) last year. Heck of a nice guy and he really gets a kick out of us nuts who would spend time in the summer to meet and talk about the Ps. Problem for him attending is during the summer he conducts camps constantly. The man has got to make a living so it won't be this year as he is hosting a camp in Terre Haute till the middle of July. Anyway I've talked with Jose about hopefully bringing something special this year and if I pull it off some of the old time ABA fans might get a kick out of it.

bulletproof
06-04-2004, 07:31 PM
I would have really tried to make it had you stuck to the original date of July 17. I'll be in Indy that week. :unimpressed:

:idea:

Why can't there be two forum parties?

Jose Slaughter
06-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Knowing Peck & Uncle Buck, we might still be outside talking.

We will be having another party in early to mid November. It will be a non game, weekend night before Thanksgiving.

Diamond Dave
06-07-2004, 12:18 PM
Should be able to come. Depends on that week if my girlfriend will let me. If I am able to spend some time with her earlier in the week then no problem, but if for some reason I don't see her very much then I might be forced to stay home. But if I'm gonna throw down a percent chance of my being there I'll say 95%.

Also just something to make you think about, this won't be my first forum party.

Unclebuck
06-07-2004, 01:07 PM

Also just something to make you think about, this won't be my first forum party.

What?

Jose Slaughter
06-07-2004, 01:28 PM
I already know who it is.

It'll be nice to see ya again.......sonny

Doug
06-07-2004, 01:56 PM
I already know who it is.

It'll be nice to see ya again.......sonny

Got it. Thanks for the hint, Jose.

Diamond Dave
06-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Wow that didn't take long.

sweabs
06-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Sounds like there are going to be a lot of interesting conversations taking place - wish I could be there. :(

Unclebuck
06-07-2004, 03:05 PM
I must have missed that get together

Diamond Dave
06-07-2004, 04:38 PM
yeah UB you weren't there, I think it was the 2nd one Jose has ever organized. Jose was there and so was FTC, Arkman, Peck, Doug, myself and a few others that I can't remember.

Hicks
06-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Assuming FTC will be civil, I'll try to be there. But if he's planning on giving me ****, forget it.

Jose Slaughter
06-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Hicks, we're all gonna giva ya ****! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Everyone's all been very nice at these things. There be no problems, so don't even think about using that as an excuse.

Hicks
06-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Hicks, we're all gonna giva ya ****! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Everyone's all been very nice at these things. There be no problems, so don't even think about using that as an excuse.

You did READ the Pub today, didn't you? :(

Shade
06-08-2004, 12:07 AM
If Hicks goes, I'll try to make it as well. I work in the area anyway.

Hicks
06-08-2004, 12:07 AM

Woo! A human shie-- I mean, body guard! :D ;)

Shade
06-08-2004, 12:25 AM

Yeah, it seems to be in the job description. :shrug:

Good thing I'm 6'3," 225. ;)

Suaveness
06-08-2004, 09:35 AM

Yeah, it seems to be in the job description. :shrug:

Good thing I'm 6'3," 225. ;)

I wish I was 6'3", 225. I'm not even close.... :(

Suaveness
06-08-2004, 01:28 PM
This is just an idea, but the next time something like this happens, I think we should do a bball game. I know it has been suggested before, but I think it would be fun. Do a 5-5 for fun.

Hicks
06-08-2004, 03:47 PM
5-on-5 games would just leave about 7 or 8 of us embarassed :laugh:

Suaveness
06-08-2004, 04:37 PM

:laugh:

It's alll for fun ;) Though some of us will enjoy beating those who are less fortunate :devil:

sweabs
06-08-2004, 04:39 PM
How tall are you Suave? What position do ya play?

There should be Forum b-ball tournaments where our forum goes against a Pistons forum or something - hahaha - that'd be great.

Shade
06-08-2004, 04:41 PM

It's alll for fun ;) Though some of us will enjoy beating those who are less fortunate :devil:

I'm all for it. Just gotta keep my knee from going out on me and shake off some rust and I'll be good to go. :cool:

Hicks
06-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Just gotta drop a lot of weight, grow a foot taller, add a jumpshot, and then I'm gonna DOMINATE. :laugh:

Suaveness
06-08-2004, 04:45 PM
How tall are you Suave? What position do ya play?

There should be Forum b-ball tournaments where our forum goes against a Pistons forum or something - hahaha - that'd be great.

I'm only 5'9", but I usually play pg or sg. I love playing like Reggie :D ...as i run around way too much. My ball handling is actually pretty bad, and my shooting is streaky, but I love playing, and I tend to do ok.

Seriously, a summer bball game(s) would be fun.

Shade
06-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Just gotta drop a lot of weight, grow a foot taller, add a jumpshot, and then I'm gonna DOMINATE. :laugh:

:D :laugh:

Suaveness
06-08-2004, 04:49 PM

Not if I grow TWO feet taller and add that weight that you dropped. Then I will dominate.

Hicks
06-08-2004, 04:56 PM
I'd probably be a small forward. I'm only 5'9" but I'm pretty wide like a football player, so I could post up a little bit in the paint, crash for boards. I'm too slow to be running around screens. :D

Streaky shooter is being kind for me.

Suaveness
06-08-2004, 04:59 PM
I'd probably be a small forward. I'm only 5'9" but I'm pretty wide like a football player, so I could post up a little bit in the paint, crash for boards. I'm too slow to be running around screens. :D

Streaky shooter is being kind for me.

Nothing like bein' a Foster :D

We should definitely do this sometime.

Shade
06-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Out of curiosity, what is everyone's "measurements" here?

Maybe I should start a new thread...

Suaveness
06-08-2004, 05:04 PM

And if there are any females here, we want ALL measurements.... :devil:

J/k....don't hate me....

As for me..picture a very small reggie miller....and that's me.

sweabs
06-08-2004, 05:04 PM

Yeah start a new thread - and see who everyone plays like too (compared to an NBA player).

MagicRat
06-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Are you talking Eastern Conference half-court grind-it-out style :box: or Western Conference full-court run-and-gun style :zip:?

I would have to adjust my fitness regimen accordingly......

Hicks
06-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Definitely East ball for me.

Shade
06-08-2004, 05:10 PM

Yeah start a new thread - and see who everyone plays like too (compared to an NBA player).

:)

Shade
06-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Definitely East ball for me.

I think half-court would be best. Don't want any of our "old-timers" dying on us or anything. :laugh: :devil:

FireTheCoach
06-08-2004, 06:36 PM
OMG Hicks.... you take things waaaaaayyyyyy too seriously.

I'm the most civil and nicest person that will be at that party.

That whole ____ thing is a big joke IMHO. I made a post in a tongue-in-cheek manner in a moment of great rage at losing the ECF in general but@ Ron Artest in particular and all these hyper-sensitive types blow it up into this big racial thing.....

I've got no ill feelings towards anyone on here.... except you that is.... :devil:

;)

MSA2CF
06-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah, how could the guy with the Pikachu avatar be a mean person? :whoknows: :D

Hicks
06-08-2004, 07:10 PM

Pikachu killed my mother.

MSA2CF
06-08-2004, 07:14 PM

Dare I ask how?

FireTheCoach
06-08-2004, 07:41 PM
hey... the Pikachu avatar was my kids idea.

I don't even know what the hell it's supposed to be.

Jose Slaughter
06-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Should I remove Hicks from the list now?

Shade
06-08-2004, 08:36 PM
hey... the Pikachu avatar was my kids idea.

I don't even know what the hell it's supposed to be.

So, then, what is the mallet supposed to mean? :confused: :devil:

Shade
06-08-2004, 08:37 PM

And ate my dog. :mad:

kerosene
06-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Welp, I was trying to sync things up so I'd be back in Indy on the 9th so I'd be able to drop by as a sort of surprise but I talked to my director tonight and it looks like I'll only be able to get some time off towards the end of the month. I was looking forward to meeting you guys (and gals if any dare brave the Castleton Pizza King) but I'm afraid it's not in the cards for this summer's gathering. :(

JOneal7
06-09-2004, 12:48 AM
basketball 5 on 5? why bother? i'd smoke all of you old timers :-D
I'd have yall throwing up your pizza before i got to 5 points...and my first target of ankle breaking~!? HICKS...because he always ruins my fun on my avatars!

Shade
06-09-2004, 12:49 AM
I'd have yall throwing up your pizza before i got to 5 points...and my first target of ankle breaking~!? HICKS...because he always ruins my fun on my avatars!

Two words:

HARD FOUL

:devil:

Hicks
06-09-2004, 12:50 AM

Two words:

HARD FOUL

:devil:

Word. :devil:

I can pull a Ronnie if I need be: Harder than a foul should be, but not quite Malone country. :D

JOneal7
06-09-2004, 12:52 AM
gotta catch me first ;)...i'll just have the crew continue picking and ill just roll off the screen and launch 3 pters all game. No sense in driving it in and getting killed. :)@!

Jose Slaughter
06-09-2004, 05:06 AM
REECE GAINES FOR 04-05 USBL MVP!

Suaveness
06-09-2004, 09:12 AM
gotta catch me first ;)...i'll just have the crew continue picking and ill just roll off the screen and launch 3 pters all game. No sense in driving it in and getting killed. :)@!

Ha! Not if I keep up with you...they don't call me the second coming of Iverson for nothing ;)

able
06-09-2004, 09:26 AM
well if i was around, my 6" 275 would help a wee bit on containing that brash kid.
And I'm certainly not below the mailman if a hard foul is needed, I believe in the adagio that the first one should be the right one, one that makes sure they'll never try again.

:D

I would be out of breath after that so playing time would be restricted to 1 minute on , 10 on the bench with a ciggie and a beer.

Oh nad don't counbt on my jumper, it is non-existant, but.... passes like a fastball!

JOneal7
06-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Oh sure suave, lol i'm shaking! yeaaaaah! There will be no Iverson-Ty Lue fiascos where i fall and you step over me...nuh uh ;)
i gamble to much on D...so i'll prolly let the guys behind me pack the shhhhh outta you ;)

Suaveness
06-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Well, not to brag too much, but there's a reason I have a State Championship ring for Indiana high school bball and (my guess is) none of the rest of you do. :devil:

BOOO. You aren't allowed to come.

MagicRat
06-10-2004, 10:27 AM
Well, not to brag too much, but there's a reason I have a State Championship ring for Indiana high school bball and (my guess is) none of the rest of you do. :devil:

Waterboy?.......Equipment Manager?......

Suaveness
06-10-2004, 10:27 AM

Waterboy?.......Equipment Manager?......

Naw...Mascot :devil: