PDA

View Full Version : Sat in Donnies suite at the Denver game...

bambam
11-16-2007, 01:34 PM
I sat in the suite with Donnie and important people. Myself and a friend were guest of Donnie for the game. I didnt sit there and talk to him the entire game, one b/c he lieks to sit down by the court. BUT, he did come up and talk to us.

I told him, as a fan who has supported the Pacers for 20+ years...IMO, JO does not fit the new style. Nothing against JO one bit. He is a good ball player, but he needs an offense through him at a slower tempo. I really thought he would just shrug me off and pay no attention. But DW took it to heart, and we started to talk more about the team. I just flat wanted to be honest what MOST (not all) Pacers fans thought. JO cant run in this offense. He did tell me thank you and appreciated what I thought as a fan.

Now I know for a fact DW has heard what alot of Pacers fans are thinking. Not that it really matters in any decision making, but there is a bug now in his ear...LOL.

Unclebuck
11-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info.

Aw Heck
11-16-2007, 02:13 PM
That's great. I'm glad you had the opportunity.

Good job on telling him what you truly thought. too. I know I would've been shy and apprehensive about telling him what I felt. I probably just would've brown-nosed. But it's good to know that Donnie is taking the fans' pulse on how the team is doing.

naptownmenace
11-16-2007, 03:27 PM
That was good that you told him how you and a lot of fans feel.

But what I want to know is how did you get invited to sit his suite in the first place? That's the coolest part of the story to me.

able
11-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I send the Don an email now, stipulating that I represent all other fans that totally disagree with you, explaning that we do disagree with your assesment

:D

Naptown_Seth
11-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Just imagine if I'd had his ear. First he would have lost his hearing or gotten on his Blackberry to websurf. Second he would have gotten a much different view of the team.

I assure you that I'd side with high quality defender over run with the sloppy offense.

Have people not looked at JOB's track record or ever read the threads where we did? His teams win with DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE, not the run and gun. His offensive efficiencies haven't been good, his offensive rebounding has been poor (and is again now), but his defenses have gone top 5 in points per possession allowed.

Now tell me again which players don't fit his system, the top defender who is constantly asked to help out inside or the guys getting abused on PnRs or even one on one?

Of all the things I've seen this team do this year, JO's defense has been my favorite thing. That effort vs Garnett was one of his best ever vs KG.

Maybe JO isn't your ace scorer, but he is the key player at the other end.

bambam
11-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Just imagine if I'd had his ear. First he would have lost his hearing or gotten on his Blackberry to websurf. Second he would have gotten a much different view of the team.

I assure you that I'd side with high quality defender over run with the sloppy offense.

Have people not looked at JOB's track record or ever read the threads where we did? His teams win with DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE, not the run and gun. His offensive efficiencies haven't been good, his offensive rebounding has been poor (and is again now), but his defenses have gone top 5 in points per possession allowed.

Now tell me again which players don't fit his system, the top defender who is constantly asked to help out inside or the guys getting abused on PnRs or even one on one?

Of all the things I've seen this team do this year, JO's defense has been my favorite thing. That effort vs Garnett was one of his best ever vs KG.

Maybe JO isn't your ace scorer, but he is the key player at the other end.

ok maybe the d side is OK. but, not 19 and then 20m next year. sorry jsut my opinion. first 3 games, the less he played the faster the offense played.