11-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Here you go:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/radio/thejimobrienshow111507.mp3

Unclebuck
11-15-2007, 09:20 PM
A lot of talk about Practice. Coach believes in practice to say the least

Hicks
11-15-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm a little worried about fatigue with the way Jim practices. I'd love to think it will give us a mighty "second wind" once the players get used to it, but dead legs mean dead shots, too....

Unclebuck
11-15-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm a little worried about fatigue with the way Jim practices. I'd love to think it will give us a mighty "second wind" once the players get used to it, but dead legs mean dead shots, too....

I hear you, but I agree with Jim's approach - this team has too much to work on.,

indygeezer
11-15-2007, 11:47 PM
I hear you, but I agree with Jim's approach - this team has too much to work on.,

Do they have an in-bound play?

McKeyFan
11-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Well, I was kinda surprised by his comments of putting the onus on Dun and Danny for the lack of movement.

He basically said they ran up the court and stood on the perimeter when they were supposed to be cutting. He said JO doesn't want slog ball, he wants guys cutting.

Interesting . . .

Naptown_Seth
11-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Well, I was kinda surprised by his comments of putting the onus on Dun and Danny for the lack of movement.

He basically said they ran up the court and stood on the perimeter when they were supposed to be cutting. He said JO doesn't want slog ball, he wants guys cutting.

Interesting . . .
This is 100% identical to the complaint I've been making, even just made in another thread as well as at least one of the recent post-game threads. Their inside offense comes off of cuts, that's the "trick" with this offense. Then guys wear down after going hard at both ends and lose interest in working their butts off to get somewhere. JO ends up having to do a lot more long kickout passes than dump offs inside.

Also JOBs comments mirror Tinsley's. I don't see Tins as the source of all good info by any stretch, but in this case where there's smoke and then more smoke you start checking for fire.

I will add that it's not just on them. I think defenses start to cheat against these cuts which forces the ball handler into plan B. I think they lack a true plan B which means this is a big problem.

And maybe if Rush, Diener and Shawne could get it together on both ends of the court things would be going better. I love what Shawne shows as promise, but his game is brutally rough at this point.