PDA

View Full Version : Celtics beat Indy, go 6-0 [ESPN]

RoboHicks
11-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Visit ESPN.com for the complete story.

More... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=271113011&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines)

NuffSaid
11-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Update: As of 11/19/07, the Celtics are 8-1. But unlike most, I'm not sold on them being the de facto Eastern Conf. champs just yet. Consider the following:

While they've played 6 teams who made the post-season last year, only 3 of those teams currently have +.500 records. Moreover, of the 9 games they've played only 1 of their opponents was from the West Coast. And to add to how easy I think they have it, the Celtics really don't hit a bump in their schedule until after Christmas where they go on their first extended West Coast road trip (4 games beginning 26 Dec). They'll return home to play two more WC teams (5 in all of January), but other than a total of 6 road games that's about a tough as their schedule gets through January. Their schedule remains soft through late-February where they'll go on only their 2nd WC road trip (5 games); they're 3rd comes around mid-March.

Now, for those who think I'm being a little bias...perhaps you're right. I have grown tired of hearing my band wagoning neighbor talk-up these guys. Still, I wanted to set the record straight. (I've already laid the facts down to him, so it's okay for me to do it here, too :p). The Celtics will have a very good record this season. Fortunately for them, it comes from having such a soft schedule.