PDA

View Full Version : More McGrady

kerosene
05-29-2004, 02:34 AM
McGrady said from his south Orlando home that the Houston Rockets likely would be his first choice should he and the Magic part ways.

A league source told the Sentinel that T-Mac also would be receptive to the Indiana Pacers or the Detroit Pistons because they've had trouble scoring in the playoffs.

Magic General Manager John Weisbrod says the Magic will continue to do everything they can to keep McGrady in pinstripes.

Asked about a report listing the Lakers and Spurs as teams that interest him, McGrady said, "No, not San Antonio and L.A.

"I don't want to go there. I don't want to go somewhere where everything's already in place. That would be too easy. I want a challenge."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-sptmagic29052904may29,1,2119150.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

Uhh Tracy, staying put in Orlando would present a challange, not going to either team that's in the EC Finals.

Steveman
05-29-2004, 02:47 AM
Wow, that's something to hear. We simply can't let the Pistons get him :(

Anthem
05-29-2004, 02:48 AM
I think he'd change his mind if he got here and he was in a lineup with Jermaine and Artest.

Come on, Donnie! I'm easy to please! TMac or Ray-Ray this offseason. No biggie!

Actually, I might prefer Ray Allen, because we might be able to get him without giving up Bender.

JOneal7
05-29-2004, 02:58 AM
Bender,Harrington, For Tmac!? OH MAN!
If Tmac comes to the pacers i will officially be in heaven! Not only will i have a DARK BLUE and YELLOW tmac arm band to try and collect...i'll be able to watch my 2 favorite players on one of favorite basketball team :-D
Life gets no better then that folks!

Eindar
05-29-2004, 02:59 AM
Seems like Ray Ray would be easier to acquire, by far. I'd say Ray Allen is one of the most underappreciated players in the league. I'd think we could get him for Harrington and something else of value. Possibly Bender, and I don't know if I would do that, but it'd be very, very tempting

kerosene
05-29-2004, 03:04 AM
Ray Allen would be sooooo nice. I'd rather have him on this team than McGrady but it would certainly cost a steep price to get him. You have to give quality to get it but the Sonics have shown they're willing to do a deal if it makes sense. It would almost have to be Harrington and Bender, but that depletes the SF position here (unless you think James Jones is an NBA SF, I happen to think he'll end up a SG if he can stick). Seattle would have Indiana's problem with too many SFs then too, Lewis, Harrington (not a fulltime PF in the west) and Bender. They need a big man anyway. It's nice to dream though...

Anthem
05-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Ray Allen would be sooooo nice. I'd rather have him on this team than McGrady but it would certainly cost a steep price to get him. You have to give quality to get it but the Sonics have shown they're willing to do a deal if it makes sense. It would almost have to be Harrington and Bender, but that depletes the SF position here (unless you think James Jones is an NBA SF, I happen to think he'll end up a SG if he can stick). Seattle would have Indiana's problem with too many SFs then too, Lewis, Harrington (not a fulltime PF in the west) and Bender. They need a big man anyway. It's nice to dream though...

Maybe Croshere can up his value if he keeps playing like this.... :devil:

Harrington and Cro for Allen? Where do I sign?

bulletproof
05-29-2004, 11:30 AM

Maybe Croshere can up his value if he keeps playing like this.... :devil:

Harrington and Cro for Allen? Where do I sign?

:signit:

Young
05-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Orlando would not accept Harrington/Bender for T-Mac when they could get Francis or Rip/Memo.

If we get McGrady it will take Artest/Harrington to get him.

Personally, I think Indiana should look at this:

3 way trade.

Indiana trades Tinsley to LA, LA trades Wilcox/Jaric to Miami, Miami sends Caron Butler to Indiana.

Second Trade is Jamal Crawford for Al Harrington [S&T]

I would also look into Paul Pierce if we couldn't get Butler. PP is better but Butler is similar only younger [not as good, yet] and cheaper.

I am against trading for T-Mac, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce in a way because it would kill our bench. At the same time we need help on offense.

All we have is Artest and JO and Artest is a post player like JO so I think that hurts JO effectivness and Artest isn't great shooter. So we need better offenseive chemistry.

MSA2CF
05-29-2004, 11:46 AM
:rolleyes:

Not again.

Will Galen
05-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Personally, I think Indiana should look at this:

3 way trade.

Indiana trades Tinsley to LA, LA trades Wilcox/Jaric to Miami, Miami sends Caron Butler to Indiana.

Second Trade is Jamal Crawford for Al Harrington [S&T]

Harrington is better than Butler, and Tins is a better point guard than Crawford. So my thinking is if the Pacer's do look at this trade they would look elsewhere quickly!

Young
05-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Harrington is better than Butler, and Tins is a better point guard than Crawford. So my thinking is if the Pacer's do look at this trade they would look elsewhere quickly!

Don't you think thats being a little biased?

Caron Butler was injured for gods sake for most of this past season. So his numbers were down from his rookie season. They will go up this season.

And Tinsley is better than Crawford as a point guard but Crawford can play the point and play it pretty well. He is a better defender and scorer than Tinsley. Thist team has no one to create.

If you think that teams will be trading there star for Harrington/Bender your wrong. Why would you trade your star for a couple of role players? Good role players but it wont cut it.

I mean have you watched us in this Detroit series. Pacers are just horriable offenseively. Partly because of Detroits defense and partly because they just suck on offense.

I mean Artest is our 2nd opition, come on now. I love his defense and I think he is a solid offenseive weapon but a 2nd opition? No. He isn't a good shooter, not a great creater, basicly he can post up and hit the open jumper.

If we make it past the Pistons I think you'll see what I am saying. This team doesn't have the offense and sure I like Tinsley, Harrington and I don't wanna see them go but fact is we need diffrent offenseive weapons.

MSA2CF
05-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Thist team has no one to create.

I think Fred Jones can.
I think Jonathan Bender can if he works on holding onto the ball.
I think Austin Croshere can when he needs to.
I think Jamison Brewer can if he gets the playing time.

Young
05-29-2004, 12:23 PM

I think Fred Jones can.

Fact is all those guys are on the bench most of the time, well probably not Croshere anymore but still.

That's why I want Caron Butler [I can live with JT but perfere an upgrade] because he can create his own shot and is a good shooter. A decent shooter atleast.

MSA2CF
05-29-2004, 12:25 PM

I think Fred Jones can.

Fact is all those guys are on the bench most of the time, well probably not Croshere anymore but still.

That's why I want Caron Butler [I can live with JT but perfere an upgrade] because he can create his own shot and is a good shooter. A decent shooter atleast.

We'll see. I'm not going to say I disagree, but I don't like to comment on these sort of things until the season is over. If we were to _ _ _ ' _ _ ' _ _ _, then I would see no reason to shake up the roster. It scares me to talk about these things during the playoffs. :shudder: :peak:

Young
05-29-2004, 12:29 PM

I think Fred Jones can.

We'll see. I'm not going to say I disagree, but I don't like to comment on these sort of things until the season is over. If we were to _ _ _ ' _ _ ' _ _ _, then I would see no reason to shake up the roster. It scares me to talk about these things during the playoffs. :shudder: :peak:

I know what your saying about waiting till playoffs are done but at the same time for playofs teams it really shows where you have to improve at. For us its offense.

Bball
05-29-2004, 12:37 PM
Magic General Manager John Weisbrod says the Magic will continue to do everything they can to keep McGrady in pinstripes.

Pacers have pinstripes! Sounds like a win-win to me. Pacers get McGrady and Wiesbrod keeps him in pinstripes like he wants! ;)

-Bball :D

Ultimate Frisbee
05-29-2004, 01:28 PM
Do we really want to go and make a huge move if we make it to the finals? Or even if we stop at the conference finals?? I think we could get a lot for Harrington, and/or Bender (hopefully not bender!) but small changes could cause more trouble... I don't see Carlisle, or Bird for that matter, changing the team dramatically (unless Reggie doesn't want to start/play anymore or we can get a great center)...

Thanks,

Matt

efx
05-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Ray Allen has always been one of my favorite players and I always thought his posititon and style of play would fit perfectly with the pacers.

indygeezer
05-29-2004, 02:35 PM
The only way I see a huge move is if we wer to make the finals and Reggie retired. (Note I didn't say win 'cause I think either way he'd call it a career)

We have Bender, Jones, Harrington, heck we even have Brewer, Jones, and Brezec to groom for the future. WHy add pay-roll to "improve" if we make it to the finals and still have all this potential on the bench! That's not MY thinking, that's how I see the mgmnt brass thinking.