PDA

View Full Version : I love Artest, but...

LAPacer
05-29-2004, 12:53 AM
He worries me with his thinking process. I keep hearing him blame Carlisle for not getting him touches and not getting him the ball where he wants it as to why he didn't get on track until game 4. He thinks no one can stop him and he is a poor mans Jordan. I love his confidence, but his thinking process is kinda scary. May become a problem down the road.

arkman40
05-29-2004, 12:56 AM
This year, his thinking process has gotten his team 61 wins and to the midway point of the ECFs, and gotten himself an All Star selection and Defensive Player of the Year.

Seriously, I don't think you can put too much stock in what Ron says. He simply doesn't have the filter that most people have. I only put stock in what he does on the court and the what's on the scoreboard.

LAPacer
05-29-2004, 12:58 AM
This year, his thinking process has gotten his team 61 wins and to the midway point of the ECFs, and gotten himself an All Star selection and Defensive Player of the Year.

Seriously, I don't think you can put too much stock in what Ron says. He simply doesn't have the filter that most people have. I only put stock in what he does on the court and the what's on the scoreboard.

Good point. Maybe he is just too honest.

BillS
05-29-2004, 10:32 AM
I think he heard the "what did 'you' do" question as meaning him personally, rather than "what did 'you' do" as meaning the team.

That's the first time I've seen him in a post-game conference, is he always so nervous? I mean, here's a guy who is getting the crap beat out of him on the basketball floor day in and day out and he seems scared to death (but trying to be cool) in front of the cameras.

Makes him a bit more human.

Anthem
05-29-2004, 11:19 AM
That's the first time I've seen him in a post-game conference, is he always so nervous? I mean, here's a guy who is getting the crap beat out of him on the basketball floor day in and day out and he seems scared to death (but trying to be cool) in front of the cameras.

:laugh: He was terrified when they interviewed him at halftime: looking at 5 or 6 points throughout the arena (but not the camera or the interviewer), swaying back and forth, etc.

If Patrick Ewing ended up as a decent interview, I'm sure Ron will as well.

Unclebuck
05-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Did anyone else see Ron at the podium in the postgame interview room.

He looked really nervous, but I don't think he was that is just the way he talks.

He is not paid to talk, is he has articulate as Reggie, J.O, Cro, Foster? NO. But there is not a false bone in his body. After you get used to the way he communicates he is entertaining.

Millerartest
05-29-2004, 04:07 PM
I think Ron's ego does get in the way sometimes. Almost like he has to be the man in the big games. He's about the only person on the team I can think of who would be pissed if he went 0-10 and the team won a huge playoff game.

I agree his attitude has gotten us a tremendous amount of wins, and he's definitely my second favorite on the team, but his attitude still has some way to go. And I base this not from what he says, but from the way that he guns so much in some of the big games without even looking to pass. But he's also one to quickly turn it around. Phenomenal game 4. Much better shot selection and better passing.

3Ball
05-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Yeah, there's something a little George Bushy about Ronnie when get gets in front of a camera. But I wouldn't misunderestimate him on the floor.

SycamoreKen
05-29-2004, 07:19 PM
I have only seem Ron interviewed a few times, and when I saw them pull him a side I thought, "This should be interesting." And it was.

My favorite line, in response to Gray's question about JO's injury, was "He's not injured, just hurt a little." A classic.

Ron remindeds me a lot of some of my students. He just doesn't tick the way most people do, and that's not a bad thing. He does many things without thinking, but I don't think he realizes how they come off to others. Players like Malone go head hunting and say things to set people off on purpose. Ron just seems to do things in the heat of the moment. I hope he is part of this team for a long time.

TheSauceMaster
05-29-2004, 07:43 PM
I assume alot of people know (and I don't mean this in a offensive way) Ron has a Mental Illness condition which he takes medication for , never seen anyone exactly say what it is but , I seen some comments while he was with the Bulls that he was suposed to be on medication and refused to take it.

I am pretty sure he is taking his medication now after last year and I feel that's a big reason why you seen a outta control Ron and now you see a person who has control. I was so excited after the win I forgot to change over to ESPN News to watch the After game comments , so I can't comment on what he was acting like .

Hoop
05-29-2004, 08:12 PM
This season at All-Star weekend Ron was great when he was being interviewed or holding the mike interviewing someone else. I saw a bunch of interviews on NBA TV and he was much more relaxed. I think he is so pumped up for games he's not really thinking about what to say.