PDA

View Full Version : Mental Toughness

t-Bone
05-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Anyone else think that we mentally grew up tonight? during the first quarter larry bird said that we were kinna caught offguard by the intensity of the conference finals. expirience is so important, and even though its only one game, I feel we've learned a little bit on the fly. I just get the feeling that we're gonna be alot tougher, at home beacuse weve got a better grasping of what this is all about :)

Hicks
05-29-2004, 12:25 AM
This was a HUGE game for our long-term mental toughness and experience. This game was a character builder. I'm so glad we're doing it now while we're so young, so we can just build on it for the next 6+ years.

Unclebuck
05-29-2004, 12:27 AM
I thought the comments made by DW and Bird were right on point. But I think DW said the pacers were a little shocked by the Pistons defensive intenisty.

Whoever said it was correct

ROCislandWarrior
05-29-2004, 12:29 AM
I hope going down 2-1 taught our guys that we are not invincible...it might have made them think about not wanting to go on vacation just yet.

Game 5 now becomes a game that will show us just how focused this team is. We kicked the pistons at their place, you know they will be ready to play...we must match their intensity or we go back to detroit down 2-3.

I expect Reggie to be the leader here...let these guys know about where they are headed... with the exception of Cro, no one else has been this far.