PDA

View Full Version : There will be NO Pistons Digest (AKA Time to pay up, PistonsDynasty! 8))

Shade
05-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Username: PacersDynasty
Signature: 2004 NBA FINALS: :pacers: VS. :lakers: -- BOOK IT!
Avatar: pending -- will be up soon ;)

ROCislandWarrior
05-29-2004, 12:06 AM
Where have all the Pistons fans gone? :whoknows:

MagicRat
05-29-2004, 12:16 AM
Some vandals apparently hit PistonDynasty's sig pic...... :P

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/pistons2.jpg

JOneal7
05-29-2004, 01:25 AM
Nice sig :-D

kerosene
05-29-2004, 01:29 AM
Nice.

I like the Eastwood pic too. Almost went with a Bronson one myself recently ;)

kerosene
05-29-2004, 01:45 AM
http://www.gawth.com/kerosene/pbronson.gif

Silly, I know :)

kerosene
05-29-2004, 03:34 AM
http://wc4.worldcrossing.com/webx?31@@4f865@144

Cheryl dude, Cheryl.

MSA2CF
05-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Username: PacersDynasty
Signature: 2004 NBA FINALS: :pacers: VS. :lakers: -- BOOK IT!
Avatar: pending -- will be up soon ;)

:confused:

I'm a little slow...but I don't understand this thread's title and this first post...Could someone clue me in?

PistonsDynasty
05-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Don't rub it in :cry: :cry:

Pistons in 6 BABY :dance: :pepper:

PistonsDynasty
05-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Did you guys have to make this a sticky?

And is Hicks or somebody going to change my name?

Man, I can't wait til game 6 when this series is over!

Hicks
05-29-2004, 11:37 AM

I'll change your name to PacersDynasty now.

Will Galen
05-29-2004, 11:55 AM

Yeah, I think Detroit will go in 6 too! <giggle,giggle, snort>

TMJ31
05-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Even though it was mean spirited against my favorite person on the face of the planet

that cheryl (sheryl, lol) sign is actually pretty clever and funny IMO.

id still lace into the guy after the game if i saw him tho hehe

bulletproof
05-29-2004, 12:17 PM

:laugh:

Bball
05-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Where have all the Pistons fans gone? :whoknows:

Oddly enough, and quite coincidentally, they just happen to be too busy after Pacer wins to post. I'm sure that is it....

:devil:

-Bball

Snickers
05-29-2004, 12:48 PM

PacersDynasty.... :love:

Shade
05-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Courtesy of Snickers, PD, here's your new avatar.

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v84/snickers520/sheedyguy4.gif

I also like the "We came. We played. We lost." sig. Use that instead. :laugh:

Snickers
05-29-2004, 07:31 PM
:devil:

PistonsDynasty
05-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Warning: tempnam(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/) in /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 196

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:196) in /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:196) in /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:196) in /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 477

That cam up when I tried to add that avator. I told me to write the Admin. So I guess the ah-ve-ah-tor is out the question

Kstat
05-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Warning: tempnam(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/) in /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 196

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:196) in /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:196) in /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:196) in /home/hicks/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 477

That cam up when I tried to add that avator. I told me to write the Admin. So I guess the ah-ve-ah-tor is out the question

Yep, its not allowing avatars for me either. Ive tried everything, wont work.

POST# 3,000!

Shade
05-29-2004, 08:42 PM

Save it to your PC as a bitmap file rather than gif and try to upload it from there. Should work. :shrug:

Hicks
05-29-2004, 08:42 PM

It looks like you might have tried to just link off-site to the avatar; we don't allow that anymore. You have to save the picture, then upload it.

In fact, I'll try now for you. :devil:

Hicks
05-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Upload not working for him. Damn.

Shade
05-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Upload not working for him. Damn.

:cry:

Kstat
05-29-2004, 08:49 PM
same here, ive tried off-site uploading, re-sizing, file-type changing, NOTHING works. The site simply isnt allowing me to have an avatar.

Shade
05-29-2004, 08:50 PM
same here, ive tried off-site uploading, re-sizing, file-type changing, NOTHING works. The site simply isnt allowing me to have an avatar.

I guess the forum itself isn't too fond of Pistons fans. :laugh:

Shade
05-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Eh...how about if PD just adds the pic to his sig instead? I know we don't want to overdo the pics in sigs, but this is a special occasion. :devil:

PistonsDynasty
05-29-2004, 09:19 PM

Save it to your PC as a bitmap file rather than gif and try to upload it from there. Should work. :shrug:

Ahhhhhhh to much work and that wasn't PART of the deal!! :devil:

Who is to say I even know how to upload from my PC. ;)

PistonsDynasty
05-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Eh...how about if PD just adds the pic to his sig instead? I know we don't want to overdo the pics in sigs, but this is a special occasion. :devil:

Wasn't part of the deal ........ :thankyou:

Remember, we shook on it :shakehands:

And you signed the contract :signit:

Shade
05-29-2004, 09:50 PM

Wasn't part of the deal ........ :thankyou:

Remember, we shook on it :shakehands:

And you signed the contract :signit:

Who said an avatar had to be in the traditional place? :devil:

Shade
05-29-2004, 09:51 PM

Too much work? It took you longer to make this post. :rolleyes:

Kstat
05-29-2004, 10:03 PM

Like it or not, he has a point. The deal was for an AVATAR, and its not his fault that your site isnt working properly.

Shade
05-29-2004, 10:07 PM

Like it or not, he has a point. The deal was for an AVATAR, and its not his fault that your site isnt working properly.

I was telling him how to upload the avatar. That's how everyone has to do it now. :shrug:

I'll find some way to make this work.

Snickers
05-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Can't admins edit avatars? :confused:

Hicks
05-29-2004, 10:18 PM

Yeah, but right now if it doesn't work for a user, it simply doesn't work. Whether they try it themselves or we do for them.

Kstat
05-29-2004, 10:29 PM

Yeah, but right now if it doesn't work for a user, it simply doesn't work. Whether they try it themselves or we do for them.

Thats my point. You've basically given him a way to weasel out of the deal.

Shade
05-29-2004, 10:33 PM

Thats my point. You've basically given him a way to weasel out of the deal.

It's not over yet. Let's see if able can fix the problem.

If not, Hicks, I propose we go back to off-line avatars, just for the duration of the bet. :devil:

Hicks
05-29-2004, 10:42 PM
If not, Hicks, I propose we go back to off-line avatars, just for the duration of the bet. :devil:

I thought about that. We'll see. :devil:

able
05-29-2004, 10:49 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/gallery/sheedyguy4.gif

download from there and upload in profile

P.S. works fine, as you can see here:http://www.pacersdigest.com/SCR.GIF

Hicks
05-29-2004, 10:52 PM

P.S. works fine, as you can see here:

able, it doesn't seem to be the file that's the problem. Some of use have had no trouble uploading, but others have. It seems to be based on which user tries.

I've tried to help people who it won't work for, using images I've used, and in the same way I did when it worked for me. Yet it still does not work for them. I can't understand why.

Shade
05-29-2004, 10:55 PM

P.S. works fine, as you can see here:

able, it doesn't seem to be the file that's the problem. Some of use have had no trouble uploading, but others have. It seems to be based on which user tries.

I've tried to help people who it won't work for, using images I've used, and in the same way I did when it worked for me. Yet it still does not work for them. I can't understand why.

Yeah, it still won't upload. :shrug: :(

able
05-29-2004, 10:59 PM
well i need to know what browser they are using, OS and then there is a slight chance that i can help, as is, the BB code gives the uploaded pic a number, that number is stored in the profile, it would mean manually manipulating the database to change that and add the pics manually, that is not an easy job and certainly not one i'd like to do at 4 am in hte morning

As you know, there are more people having that kind of problem with these BB's, perhaps an upgrade to a newer version is a solution, perhaps another BB, best to consider all options

in either way nothing would get lost, that would be the main priority.

able
05-29-2004, 11:00 PM
what you "could" do, is find out what number the avatar now has, hmmmmm ok ok ok ok lemme look gimme 5

Hicks
05-29-2004, 11:06 PM

You're telling me, that if we switched to (for example) vBulletin, you could keep all the threads, and the userbase? :hmm:

Shade
05-29-2004, 11:08 PM

You're telling me, that if we switched to (for example) vBulletin, you could keep all the threads, and the userbase? :hmm:

It's possible. I saw a site go to (I believe) VBulletin and they retained EVERYTHING...including avatars, post counts, etc.

able
05-29-2004, 11:12 PM
A. if you looked at the links i gave you, they all claimed that. (including vbull, though I send you links for better BB's)
B. i think i can solve this, if i can find some time tomorrow.
C. i would still like to know what OS and Browser he uses. (or any user that has problems for that matter)
D, there is an option in this software that let's you set the name of the gif your self in the profile, with a basepath to avatars, if you can find that then it is there, named sheed.gif

Finally don't look so suspicious at me; I'm only trying to help.

Oh no; really finally, vbulleting is a cost, where you pay for something you not get, only use for a year, ridicule. the links i send you had better options including very active maintained software (buy as well but better license options and cheaper) with a guarantee that any option you can find out there on a BB would be implemented in their software at no cost and better.

see if you can find them and read through it. :D

Hicks
05-29-2004, 11:12 PM

It's possible. I saw a site go to (I believe) VBulletin and they retained EVERYTHING...including avatars, post counts, etc.

Wow. That would be cool. I've flirted with VBulletin; maybe we could experiment? Add a "2nd" forum and see if we can port this one to it?

Shade
05-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Finally don't look so suspicious at me; I'm only trying to help.

I think you misinterpreted that. I think he was just curious as to whether that would work. ;)

able
05-29-2004, 11:14 PM

Wow. That would be cool. I've flirted with VBulletin; maybe we could experiment? Add a "2nd" forum and see if we can port this one to it?

Yes we can, once we decide what software to use :D

I would try at least 3 different ones just to fool around with

Shade
05-29-2004, 11:15 PM

Sure, why not? :shrug:

Hicks
05-29-2004, 11:22 PM
OK, maybe we can play later. But really I'm not at all "wanting" to move from this stuff. It's overall been very good to us.