PDA

View Full Version : 'Rising star' Jefferson gets extension with Wolves [ESPN]

RoboHicks
11-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Calling Al Jefferson a cornerstone of the team for years to come, the Minnesota Timberwolves late Wednesday night announced a multiyear contract extension with the 22-year-old forward who was acquired from Boston in a trade July 31.

More... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3089233&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines)

BoomBaby31
11-02-2007, 01:13 AM
Turned down max to get Jefferson gets $65M deal from Wolves. Jefferson is good but going to offer him max that is CRAZY. or is it just me? He was probably so stunned by the 65m offer, he wanted to take it before they came to their senses. Why so much?

Anthem
11-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Turned down max to get Jefferson gets $65M deal from Wolves. Jefferson is good but going to offer him max that is CRAZY. or is it just me? He was probably so stunned by the 65m offer, he wanted to take it before they came to their senses. Why so much?
I assume a 6-year contract? If so, it's not bad. That's Brad Miller / Troy Murphy money.

BoomBaby31
11-02-2007, 02:38 PM
I assume a 6-year contract? If so, it's not bad. That's Brad Miller / Troy Murphy money.

The think it is 5 years but the big story is, they were going to give him max! But, decided to take this deal, in the middle of the season against his agent's request.