PDA

View Full Version : Rick C > LarryBrown IN GAME 4 (if you cant bend you break)

PaceBalls
05-28-2004, 10:47 PM
I thought of a few different titles to this thread, One was, Croshere is my hero. Make sure we keep AJ was another. JO is the toughest guy in the NBA was got considerable mention. AL the tone setter was one. And The Return of Ron Artest was a leading candidate also.

But the Rick C > LarryBrown title wins for the summary of my thoughts about this game.

The zone in the first half cheating off Rip worked brilliantly. I was remembering that loss against Orlando when they were playing zone against Reggie and it killed us.

Starting Cro tonight instead of Jeff, that was a great move. And Cro stepped up. I cant say enough about it. He was worth every penny they pay him tonight.

Whatever Rick said to Ron worked. I imagine he told em the reason we won 61 games was because we have so many different weapons.

JO, man I don't know what to say. He isnt soft. That's one tough dude. That knee injury still has me worried... I sure hope there was no damage done, I would be surprised if there was, cause he was playing great 2nd half. It sure looked bad though.

AL came in with some serious fire too. Props to his game.

All in all, I hope you guys all realize what a great coach we got.

PaceBalls
05-28-2004, 10:52 PM
maybe I shoulda named it "Rick C > LarryBrown in game 4". hehe maybe I thought too hard about my other prospective titles.

But anyway Rick C owned Larry Brown this game

MSA2CF
However to say he is better than Brown is a stretch right now in their respective careers.

Will Rick be (better) if his team wins the championship this year, seeing as how Larry has not won one yet?

zxc
Rick just got asked during his press conference about when he made the decision to put Croshere in the starting lineup, followed by "Does this mean you aren't stubborn anymore?" :unimpressed: Stupid press.

PaceBalls
05-28-2004, 10:53 PM
I read some similar statements inna thread about fred on here too.. =/

TheSauceMaster
05-28-2004, 10:54 PM
Rick made good adjustment's tonight and I am sure Larry Brown will make some in Game 5 , I seen alot of people questioning Rick for Starting Austin Croshere in place of Jeff Foster.

ABADays
05-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Larry Brown is a great coach. Rick Carlisle is a great coach.

Unclebuck
05-28-2004, 11:52 PM
There were many being critical of Carlisle. So many today I tried to argue with.

I think Carlisle is a great coach, and I'll put Ronnie Rothstein and Mike Brown up against any assistants in the whole NBA. In fact I think the pacers have the best assistant coaches in the NBA.

LAPacer
05-29-2004, 12:30 AM
This thread should be titled: "Carlisle the Brave"

Man, if the Austin start didn't work out, he really would've generated alot of negative press. Putting Artest back on Prince to get rebounds was genious. I'm so happy we have Carlisle instead of Thomas.

indygeezer
05-29-2004, 12:37 AM
and Kenny Anderson played too. :o

The next thing you know Rick will ask for salsa on his tacos. ;)

I felt really really bad for Kenny ANderson. He finally gets to play and we finally get to see why he hasn't been playing. I'll say it was the size difference. Kenny looked like he was about to cry (somebody find him a vomit sock please!). He had a shot to prove himself and fell short. He didn't measure up and it had to sicken him.