PDA

View Full Version : Our van caught on fire last night.

SycamoreKen
10-14-2007, 09:37 AM
My wife and I woke up this morning to find our van on fire in the drive way. We were at our in laws and heard what sounded like the van trying to start. She looked out the blind and saw flames shooting from under the hood. We called the fire department and they came and put it out. (By the way, if you own a Montanna you don't have to worry about someone popping your hood and stealing anything. The FD had to practically rip it off to get it open.)

We though that it was started by a short. An hour later the fire marshall and an arson investigator showed up. They said that it was set on fire and that it had happened a couple of other times in the neighborhood. We are waiting to see what the insurance company is going to give us.

While it stinks that we lost our van, at least no one was hurt and my in law's car that was parked next to it is ok. We have full coverage on the van even though it has been paid off for a few months. We were going to go liability only to save a few bucks, but now we are glad we did not.

Hicks
10-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Yikes. I'm glad everyone's OK, though I'm sorry about the van. I can only shake my head at people who do that kind of crap to others. Makes me mad.

sweabs
10-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Glad to hear you're okay, Sycamore.

I hope they catch the punks who did it and throw the book at them.

Moses
10-14-2007, 12:36 PM
That's pretty crazy. Glad to hear everyone is alright. I'm sure your insurance will handle it..but that's pretty lame that someone would set fire to your car for no reason whatsoever. I had a similar incident when I was in Florida over the summer where someone slashed a bunch of peoples tires in the sidewall. Fortunately, he didn't slash my truck tires but a bunch of my friends who were with me had their tires cut.

N8R
10-15-2007, 12:46 AM
That sucks man. I hate when people mess with personal property. I had my vehicle vandelised earlier this year with my front windshield being broken (cost me $400) and my hood being damaged which is still not fixed due to cost and time needed without my vehicle. There is just no point for stuff like that to happen.

Gyron
10-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Glad to hear you're ok Ken.

I hope they catch the punks who did it.(And set their cars on fire)

SycamoreKen
10-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the support guys. We just thank God that we were awakened in time to keep it from being worse than it was. I'm still not sure how the engine started cranking and woke us up, but I know that God was looking out for us.

I do hope they catch whomever is doing this in the neighborhood in order to keep others from going through what we did. I would hate for someone to get hurt. As for us, we will be fine. I have less than 3 weeks left at work and a little over 4 before school starts. :happydanc

indygeezer
10-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the support guys. We just thank God that we were awakened in time to keep it from being worse than it was. I'm still not sure how the engine started cranking and woke us up, but I know that God was looking out for us.

I do hope they catch whomever is doing this in the neighborhood in order to keep others from going through what we did. I would hate for someone to get hurt. As for us, we will be fine. I have less than 3 weeks left at work and a little over 4 before school starts. :happydanc

Wiring prolly shorted across the ignition switch or the starter itself.

Los Angeles
10-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Glad nobody got hurt. And hope you end up with a nicer car. ;)

Since86
10-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Yeah, you're comp. coverage will take care of it, but you'll have to cover your deductible. My dad is a State Farm agent and he'll talk people into not having a comp deductible.

Hopefully they'll catch the dumbasses who did it and you wouldn't have to worry about covering any of it.

MarionDeputy
10-16-2007, 03:02 PM
My police car caught on fire not too long ago, while I was driving it. It wasn't arson though, just a sloppy installation of electrical equipment.

Anthem
10-17-2007, 12:03 AM
My police car caught on fire not too long ago, while I was driving it. It wasn't arson though, just a sloppy installation of electrical equipment.
That would freak me out.