PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for a forum

indygeezer
05-28-2004, 08:00 AM
How about a password protcted room where we can on occasion go to rant and rail against our team without the "opposition" eavedropping and using our words against us later? There are times when I would love to vent and call xyz a stupid (&%#$^*) and express why, just to work off frustration. But I don't want those words visible to any but the loyals because I don't like having them thrown back at me later. By password protecting it, the admin could monitor who has access...admitting only those known to be Pacer fans. Nothing against some of our friends from other teams, many are truelly great indivuals, but to be able to air my thoughts without hesitation would be nice.

Just a thought.

geezer

TMJ31
05-28-2004, 08:02 AM
Hehe thats a cool idea.

good ole RANT FORUM! :)

Crusher
05-28-2004, 08:07 AM
Why don't you go punch a pillow? Or deal with it in other teenage ways?

ChicagoJ
05-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Oh, that's a dangerous idea... give Jay a forum where he's *supposed* to bash the team he loves.

(As Dad says, "I'm only happy with the Pacers when I'm unhappy with the Pacers.")

:blush:

BillS
05-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Oh, that's a dangerous idea... give Jay a forum where he's *supposed* to bash the team he loves.

(As Dad says, "I'm only happy with the Pacers when I'm unhappy with the Pacers.")

:blush:

I think I have my new SIG line.

indygeezer
05-28-2004, 12:42 PM

:blush: :rotflmao:

But it's meant as a spot to vent and leave....not vent and vent and vent and...

MSA2CF
05-28-2004, 12:43 PM
How would you go about screening "true" Pacers fans?

Would you have a quiz?

indygeezer
05-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Die Fuhrer vould decide who liv...uh gets invited.

No, my thought was that we all know who the regulars are...who are PAcer fans and who are here to support their team v. the Pacers. While we enjoy them and repsect them...this site was meant for something other than the norm.

MSA2CF
05-28-2004, 12:57 PM
While we enjoy them and repsect them...this site was meant for something other than the norm.

:confused: I don't get that last part.

indygeezer
05-28-2004, 01:01 PM
While we enjoy them and repsect them...this site was meant for something other than the norm.

Just going back to the original premise. My suggestion was for a place where we could do a short term rant, get over it, and go back to posting. Perhaps allow for short discussion but not lengthy threads. Maybe <if I knew more about it> maybe what I am thinking of would be better suited for IM or such.

Snickers
05-28-2004, 01:01 PM

I think he means the non-Pacer fans are great, but he wants a section of the forum where he and others can go and vent without them around. [by site he means his proposed forum]

Right, geezer? :neutral:

MSA2CF
05-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Oh okay...Thanks you guys...

I'm a slow one... :blush: