PDA

View Full Version : The ABA is Complete! - Draft starts October 12th!

Jose Slaughter
10-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Here is the owners list for 07-08

Able
Ajbry
Avoidingtheclowns
bnd45
bellisimo
BoomBaby33
Boston Connection
Bulldog
Burnzone
Diamond Dave
Diamond Dave00
Dr. Badd
Gyron
Indy
Jay Redd
Jose Slaughter
Lone Granger 33
Magic Rat
Mal
Pig Nash
rcarey
rm1369
Shade
Skaut Ech

We have 9 new oners this year, some are first time fanatsy players so we need to help them out as much as possible. At least, til the season starts!:D

Ajbry
Avoidingtheclowns
bnd45
bellisimo
BoomBaby33
Indy
Lone Granger 33
Pig Nash
rm1369

I'll have the divisions & conference posted shortly.

As for the draft..............

Able has mentoined we will need to do the draft here on line. I'd like to get it started as soon as possible & run it similar to what we have done in the past.

I'll post an alphabetical list on NBA players, the draft order for all 12 rounds & we'll each have 12 hours to make a selection. We've used a 24 hour draft clock in the past but I think we can manage with a 12 hour draft clock.

We've managed to get the draft completed in just under a week using this type of draft. This time we will have just over 2 weeks to finsih the draft before the season starts.......... plenty of time, so nobody should get all worked up if someone is slowing us down.

One more thing & all the long time vets already know this. I have a very detailed list that I use for drafting. I will be offering it to all the rookies to try to make the playing field a little more even.

The worse thing about fantasy sports is having an owner that gets overwhelmed & looses interest in his team. That kills a league faster than anything. The best way to fix that is to help the new guys draft the best team they can. They have a competitive team, we have a competitive league.

Thanks

EDIT

Heres the divisional line ups.

Eastern Conference:
Red Division:
Able - Diamond Dave00 - JayRedd - Rcarey - Avoidingtheclowns - Boombaby 33

White Division:
Boston Connection - Dr Badd - Jose Slaughter - Shade - Pig Nash - Indy

Western Conference:
Blue Division:
Bulldog - Diamond Dave - Magic Rat - Skaut Ech - bnd45 - Lone Granger 33

Gold Division:
Burnzone - Gyron - Mal - Ajbry - Bellisimo - rm1369

Draft starts Friday October 12th with a 12 hour draft clock!

Please participate daily

Shade
10-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Who wants to be my reserve picker? I won't be able to make any picks on the 13th.

Jose Slaughter
10-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Who wants to be my reserve picker? I won't be able to make any picks on the 13th.

Send me a list & I'll cover for you.

bellisimo
10-08-2007, 05:02 AM
12 hour per round sounds doable from my side :)
lookin' forward to this upcoming season...
always open for trades...as long as they make sense ;)

Hicks
10-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm pretty sure you have 12 hours total, not per round.....

Gyron
10-08-2007, 09:12 AM
I too will be busy on the 13th, but if Jose is available for picking, I can send him a list.

We're having my son's 1st birthday party that day, and I'm pretty sure, my wife would kill me if I was on the computer......

Jose Slaughter
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Just to clarify.

Each owner will have 12 to make each pick.

So once a pick is made the next guy has upto 12 hours to post his selection.

It sounds like it'll take forever but we've done this type draft twice & completed the entire draft in under a week. People seldom take more than a few hours to make their picks.

Hicks
10-08-2007, 10:29 AM
OK then. I remember last year being herky-jerky; sometimes you'd get 6 picks in 30 minutes, then you'd get 2 in 4 hours. But if it's expected to stretch that long, that's fine by me; I'll just chill out and wait.

Jose Slaughter
10-08-2007, 11:11 AM
I'll post the draft order sometime late tonight.

bellisimo
10-09-2007, 04:32 AM
due to time zone difference - i wouldn't have been able to make it to a "live draft night" so i appreciate this style :)

MagicRat
10-09-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm going to be out of town all next week so I'll probably need to send in a list also........