PDA

View Full Version : Our Biggest Weakness?

Anthem
05-27-2004, 10:57 PM
I voted for a shooter.

I tried to add a third entry that said "Another big body to bang in the post" but then it decided it didn't like me. Now I can't even delete this post.

Hicks
05-27-2004, 10:58 PM
I voted creator. Someone who can flat out score the ball on his own.

Roaming Gnome
05-27-2004, 11:07 PM
I'd like to see a consistant shooter like a Kyle Korver or Jason Capono. Someone to run around and be able to knock down a 3 pointer or two...then head back to the bench.

sweabs
05-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Someone who can create their own shot.

Especially in this series it is important...look at what Michael Redd and Richard Jefferson were able to do. Now if only Ronnie could get his act together...

TheSauceMaster
05-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Ditto , A player that can "create their own shot"

Anthem
05-27-2004, 11:37 PM
look at what Michael Redd and Richard Jefferson were able to do. Now if only Ronnie could get his act together...

Interesting... when I think "Michael Redd" I think "Shooter." Jefferson not so much, but he's still decent from outside.

sweabs
05-27-2004, 11:43 PM
look at what Michael Redd and Richard Jefferson were able to do. Now if only Ronnie could get his act together...

Interesting... when I think "Michael Redd" I think "Shooter." Jefferson not so much, but he's still decent from outside.

Did you watch Michael Redd in the series? He was penetrating and pulling up over his defender - making some wild shots - creating. He didn't get many points off open looks.

Anthem
05-28-2004, 12:10 AM
But he could. He's always out there, and defenses have to respect that even if he's not hitting his shot. He really stretches the floor and makes it easier inside for our big guys. You know you can't leave him open... if the last one missed, then the next one is that much more likely to go in. He's never met a shot he was afraid of.

Wait.... were we talking about Redd or Reggie? :devil:

Fool
05-28-2004, 02:40 PM
There was little driving by Redd (though you are right he didn't have a ton of open jumpers after game 2). Almost all his shots were pull-up jumpers over the defender. His release is so quick it was almost undefendable. Sometimes it looked as though the shot was off before the jump. By the end of the series it was rediculous. The D was on him but everyone understood that it didn't matter.

Jefferson is definately a good example though.

joro
05-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Neither.

POINT GUARD.

I've been saying it all year.

joro

Steveman
05-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Neither.

POINT GUARD.

I've been saying it all year.

joro

I flatly disagree with this and I'm totally satisfied with the job Tinsley has done for this team ... we don't win 61 without him. We need a guy that can shoot lights out from outside.

It isn't, nor has it ever been the PG's job to bail the team out on offense.