PDA

View Full Version : Byron Scott to become New Orleans head coach

t-Bone
05-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Byron Scott told ESPN on Thursday that he has agreed to a deal in principle to become the next head coach of the New Orleans Hornets.

While some details have yet to be worked out, Scott expects the deal to happen. Scott, fired earlier this season as head coach of the New Jersey Nets, currently is working as a studio analyst for ABC and ESPN.

Scott said last week that his visit with the Hornets went well and expressed through his agent that he was interested in the job. Scott had been considered a top candidate to replace Tim Floyd, who was fired May 7 after one season.

Scott led the Nets to two straight NBA Finals appearances -- losses to the Los Angeles Lakers and San Antonio Spurs -- and had a 149-139 record in 3 seasons before he was fired in January.

Its gotta be better then Floyd for them, and since they're in the west now good for them :)

Hicks
05-27-2004, 08:41 PM
I was about to say "Oh great, now they're finally gonna be a major thorn in our side". Then I remembered they're stuck in the same division as the Rockets, Spurs, Mavs, and Grizzlies next year. :devil:

ChicagoJ
05-27-2004, 08:48 PM
I was about to say "Oh great, now they're finally gonna be a major thorn in our side". Then I remembered they're stuck in the same division as the Rockets, Spurs, Mavs, and Grizzlies next year. :devil:

Thanks for the reminder, because I was about the concede the 2005 Central Division championship to those guys. :o

ABADays
05-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Could possibly be the place he gets treated more poorly than in New Jersey.

Pig Nash
05-27-2004, 10:16 PM
Yeah. If i was Byron i would not take that job. They are going to be to old to run with the midwest division and the the fans are useless there.

sweabs
05-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Yeah. If i was Byron i would not take that job. They are going to be to old to run with the midwest division and the the fans are useless there.

I expect a LOT of rebuilding for them in the offseason.

Anthem
05-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Any job where I work for Shinn has to be pretty high on my "Don't ever take this job no matter what" list.