PDA

View Full Version : Rick Carlisle Show Summary from last night

Indyfan
05-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Coach will be on WIBC as usual tonight at 7, just wondering what everyone would ask if they called tonight?

It was a really good show tonight, there is a summary down farther in the thread for any who are interested. If you had a serious question tonight would have been the time to call, the questions were great and very informative.

:gopacers:

sweabs
05-27-2004, 07:52 PM
If I could call I would ask him what he thinks our chances are for winning Game 4.

TheSauceMaster
05-27-2004, 10:54 PM
I wonder who that guy was at the end that got Rick alittle upset , when he made comments about this team showing no emotion and threw JO's name out there bundled with it ...can;t remember the specifics but Rick was not a happy camper.

I think it's the first time I have heard Rick get alittle animated on the show.

Hicks
05-27-2004, 10:58 PM
*hopes MagicRat recorded it*

If no, can someone give us a rundown of the Q's and Rick's A's?

MagicRat
05-27-2004, 11:05 PM
*hopes MagicRat recorded it*

Sorry, Charlie.......
http://www.brumback.com/other/tuna.jpg

I did hear the very end when he got upset when the guy said they weren't playing with emotion.

I didn't hear the guy's question, but he must've mentioned Rasheed and Rick didn't seem to appreciate some of Rasheed's antics.

The final caller asked why he didn't go back to Al in the 4th after he had provided a big spark. Rick said he had planned to put him back in, but the group on the floor was in the midst of putting together a 30 pt. quarter, so he let them play.......

Millerartest
05-27-2004, 11:37 PM
I would ask why he doesn't run triple screens for Reggie more often, and why he won't pull Artest if he's gunning wild shots and missing and players sitting the bench are having terrific games.

Indyfan
05-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Tonight was the best show I've heard all year. The callers were very respectful (for the most part) but also very passionate. To start at the end the caller who got Rick upset asked first how does he feel about Rasheed getting away with all his antics and not getting a T when Rick gets a T for much less, and said it is frustrating to see our guys not playing with enough (or any or something like that)emotion, Rick cut him off right there and went off about how he doesn't agree at all and went on about how this team is playing hard but not always well, he really went off on the guy, but I think he was justified. Then he touched on how it is frustrating to have Rasheed getting away with that stuff but it is not what is losing the games for them and they have to move past it.

The first caller asked about Jamaal being hurt, and how frustrating it is to watch him bring the ball up slowly and not even start the offense until there is 10 sec. left on the shot clock. Would Rick consider giving time to anyone else who may be more effective in case Jamaal isn't able to get it done. Rick agreed that it is frustrating and that he knew she was refferring to Kenny, he said is weighing that option all the time, and it goes between is Jamaal at 80% better then playing someone who hasn't played in a long time. He said he'll play Kenny if he feels it is best for the team.

Another guy said how about putting in an outside shooting line up of Bender, Cro, Reggie,JT with JO to try and open up the middle. Rick said the problem is that for outside to open up the inside you have to get it inside first and then kick it out to the open man, he said gunning up outside shots early in the clock won't help things inside. He said they have been more liberal about taking the outside shot though because Detroit makes it so tough to go inside and be effective.

Rick said they watched Game 3 as a team today and they are going to adjust accordingly. They all saw the things that are killing them. He talked about the layups in the first quarter really putting behind and forcing them to play catch up which is so hard on the road. He said we have to play better in Game 4 and he believes we will play better.

Also Mark Boyle asked him about how is this team reacing to the pressure and the intensity of being down for the first time in the playoffs this year and not having much experience in this type of situation. Rick answered something to the effect of They are handling it well considering, and that they are out to win. There are no moral victories being gained from making it this far, and the experience is valuable, but it isn't enough, they want to win! He also said he doesn't think Detroit is more talented then us, but that they are obviously more experienced. (he didn't say that in any way to put Detroit's talent down, I think he feels we are pretty evenly matched with talent but exp. is on their side)

Sorry about the long post, hope others who listened can add more or correct anything I didn't get right. I really hope Rick is right and we can finally find a way to solve these guys and get a couple of wins!!

Unclebuck
05-28-2004, 12:21 AM
I listened to the whole show, and Indyfan, summed it up very nicely.

I was really glad Rick reacted strongly when the caller suggested maybe the team and J.O was not playing hard or with emotion or heart.

Pacers have played very hard in this series, effort is not the problem.

Enjoyed the show a lot tonight