PDA

View Full Version : Are we missing Ron Mercer??

Shade
05-27-2004, 06:32 PM
Not a chance. Merc may very well have shot us out of this series already with his streakiness.

Roy Munson
05-27-2004, 06:39 PM
No way. His overall game would not work in rick carlisle's system.

KINGSFREAK!!!
05-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Mercer is washed up. He wouldn't help a bit.

Jose Slaughter
05-27-2004, 06:45 PM
We are missing Reggie Miller!

ChicagoJ
05-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Are we missing Ron Mercer??

:spitout:

Unclebuck
05-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Oh my......NO

Anthem
05-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Refresh my memory... are we talking about the guy that got cut from the Spurs this year? During the season? The guy they paid not to show up to practice?

Yeah, he'd be a lifesaver. :unimpressed:

Kegboy
05-28-2004, 05:01 PM
The only person I know who misses Mercer is my sister, cause she thought he was a hottie. :drooling:

That said, we do need someone with decent range who can create his own shot. I fully expect us to get someone this summer. I have some ideas, but I'm saving them for after the season.

indygeezer
05-28-2004, 05:07 PM
No, we're missing Fred Hoiberg more than Mercer.

Tell me this, In the Miller/Pollard switch we also sent Mercer and somehow Turkoglu to SA. What did either Sac or Indy receive in return? A retiring player mayber? I know we got a trade exemption worth somewhere between 2-4 mil but is that all??? Did Sac receive anything?

beast23
05-28-2004, 05:38 PM

Tell me this, In the Miller/Pollard switch we also sent Mercer and somehow Turkoglu to SA. What did either Sac or Indy receive in return? A retiring player mayber? I know we got a trade exemption worth somewhere between 2-4 mil but is that all??? Did Sac receive anything?The Kings received Miller, wasn't that more than enough?

With respect to our trade exemption, I sure hope like hell that we use it this summer before it expires. The last time we had a trade exemption, it went unused.

Right now, I wish we would have eaten Mercer's salary for a year and kept Turkoglu.

But when I read Jose's response of needing THE Reggie Miller, I thought the same thing. We could have used the PRESENT Freddie Hoiberg.

Slick Pinkham
05-29-2004, 12:06 AM

Tell me this, In the Miller/Pollard switch we also sent Mercer and somehow Turkoglu to SA. What did either Sac or Indy receive in return? A retiring player mayber? I know we got a trade exemption worth somewhere between 2-4 mil but is that all??? Did Sac receive anything?

We got Danny Ferry, who retired.

And yes, the Mayor would be nice to have on the bench.