PDA

View Full Version : 2004 NBA Finals - Lakers vs. Pistons (Would you watch?)

Shade
05-27-2004, 05:23 PM
I think I'd rather :puke:, thank you. :shakehead:

Unclebuck
05-27-2004, 05:30 PM
I'll watch every minute of every game and root hard for the Pistons to win

Roy Munson
05-27-2004, 05:40 PM
I'd watch it with the comfort of realizing that one of those teams will lose.

I expect that the Lakers would win, so I would hope for a humliating sweep. The worst thing that could happen would be a hard-fought knock-down drag-out 7 gamer where even the loser walks away with lots of self respect.

The ideal would be a nasty sweep where Rashweed Wallace gets several T's and at least one ejection.

Hicks
05-27-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm HARDLY feeling peachy towards the Pistons right now, but I'd still root for them before I'd root for the Lakers.

And yeah, I'm gonna watch. First time since we were there, it might not look like a rape. Well, maybe.

KINGSFREAK!!!
05-27-2004, 06:39 PM
There's still hope for the Pacers and Pups, and the Lakers definetly do not officially have the O'Brien trophy right now.

But, if that were the scenario, I'd watch some of it and obviously root for the Pistons.

efx
05-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I'd watch and root for the lakers.

sweabs
05-27-2004, 07:42 PM
I'll watch every minute of every game and root hard for the Pistons to win

Ditto.

BillS
05-27-2004, 07:50 PM
"Keep it in the East" as Reggie said after we lost to the Knicks in 94.

Only he didn't mean it.:devil:

I mean it.

I want the east to win so bad I might even root for the Knicks if they were in the finals :o :o :o

Jermaniac
05-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Nope, I will be on my way to Serbia by the time finals start. If the Pacers get there i will be waking up at 3 am to watch the games over there but there is no way in hell i'm getting up for the Pistons and Lakers

ChicagoJ
05-27-2004, 08:43 PM
I'll watch, but I'll either be cheering for a scoreless tie or hoping the officials annoy everyone.

Grey
05-28-2004, 12:19 AM
For the obvious reason, I didn't submit a vote. But if the Pacers and Lakers meet in the Finals, I'd root for your Pacers. Who wants to lose to the losers?

Besides, if the Pacers lost, I'd always be wondering what would've happened if the Pistons got there instead. That's no fun.

JOneal7
05-28-2004, 12:28 AM
i'd rather die.lol
I can't root for any of them. And the sight of kobes raping self and malones elbow throwing as well as shaqs cocky obnoxiousness getting ANOTHER RING would be to much for my stomach. And then theres rasheed...that guy deserves a slap in the face. Not an NBA Title. When you got guys like reggie who deserve one way more than his pathetic self.

Will Galen
05-28-2004, 09:10 AM
No I wouldn't watch, but I would hope Detroit won. I don't believe they have enough offence though.

Will Galen
05-28-2004, 09:12 AM
I want the east to win so bad I might even root for the Knicks if they were in the finals :o :o :o

MAN! That is bad, but that's the way I feel too!

grace
05-28-2004, 01:15 PM
I might watch a game or two, but the thought of watching the Lakers makes me :puke: . If it was any team but the Lakers I'd have to problems watching and rooting for a team.

indygeezer
05-28-2004, 01:25 PM
I'd probably watch some, afterall it IS supposedly basketball. And I'd probably root for Detroit. It would be alot easier (even fun) to root for them were it not for rasheed wallace, but he's there so that makes it more difficult. Maybe I should just grab a vomit-sock and tune into the Lifetime channel.

<edit>
oh and if that's you Galen then you're a bigger prick than I thought! And we could pass for brothers.

DisplacedKnick
05-28-2004, 01:29 PM
I'd watch until it looked hopeless (if the Lakers were winning). If it had ended up NJ-LA I wouldn't have bothered with it. Been there, done that.

Will Galen
05-28-2004, 02:05 PM
<edit>
oh and if that's you Galen then you're a bigger prick than I thought! And we could pass for brothers.

Well Brother, <grin> that's me being me about three years ago. I don't have the goatee now.

DrBadd01
05-28-2004, 06:07 PM
i'd rather die.lol
I can't root for any of them. And the sight of kobes raping self and malones elbow throwing as well as shaqs cocky obnoxiousness getting ANOTHER RING would be to much for my stomach. And then theres rasheed...that guy deserves a slap in the face. Not an NBA Title. When you got guys like reggie who deserve one way more than his pathetic self.

I second that notion. I wouldn't want either of them to win. In my opinion Reggie deserves a ring a lot more than any of the players on either Detroit or Los Angeles.