PDA

View Full Version : Know what's hilarious???

Shade
05-27-2004, 05:07 PM
The Pistons are quickly becoming Lakers East. :puke:

indygeezer
05-27-2004, 05:20 PM
The Pistons are quickly becoming Lakers East. :puke:

Exactly...complete with some fans that feel "entitled".

Grey
05-27-2004, 05:59 PM
the piston fans that think we're playing ok, just dominated by their "awesome" team.

That's because we believe that the Pacers are a good team. Teams that win over 60 games and finish with the league's best record don't suddenly forget how to play basketball.

All three games were decided in the final minute. I'm a Pistons fan, but I certainly wouldn't call that "domination".

Give the Pacers some credit already. They don't "suck", as you guys suddenly seem to think.

beast23
05-27-2004, 06:13 PM
That's because we believe that the Pacers are a good team. Teams that win over 60 games and finish with the league's best record don't suddenly forget how to play basketball.

Give the Pacers some credit already. They don't "suck", as you guys suddenly seem to think.The Pacers are a good team.... one that inconveniently has misplaced its knowledge of how to shoot the ball.

I fear Jermaine will not break loose in the paint until we have someone step up on the perimeter and start hitting shots.

Until that time arrives, the Pistions are smart to trap the ball anywhere near the lane and to merely "rush" the perimeter shooter as he catches the ball or goes up for the shot.

Make us grind it out until we prove we can consistently hit 20-25 foot shots.

But I do believe that WHEN we do start hitting perimeter shots, then we should be able to win games. Of course being a 35+ year Pacer fan, I'm hoping that happens before your win total reaches "4".

Grey
05-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Personally, I think the Pacers need some work on their defense.

Take a look at this play from the 1st quarter. If this is a zone defense, it's not a very good one. Why is Fred Jones guarding Rasheed in the post while his man, Mike James is all alone outside the 3pt line?

http://madrabbit.net/temp/1st-a.jpg

Jones runs out to recover, but leaves Wallace all alone for the dunk.

http://madrabbit.net/temp/1st-b.jpg

Here's one from the 4th quarter. Who is Ron Artest guarding? And why is Tinsley on Corliss Williamson? It's no wonder Billups was wide open for that 3 he hit.

http://madrabbit.net/temp/4th.jpg

I could post more, but you get the point. Plays like these can make all the difference in a close ballgame.

ABADays
05-27-2004, 10:16 PM
I don't think the guys on here said the Pacers suck. I think they said I do!

capaman
05-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Ahh the Pacers will be fine, they will win the next game I have yet to see them lose 3 in a row all season...nuff said

indytoad
05-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Capaman?! Holy hell, he's back.

Now we just need to find out where DPM went and we'll be set.

IndyToad
That ain't no airplane

Hoop
05-28-2004, 12:51 AM
Explain to me something. According to Piston trolls:

Reggie is done
Tinsley sucks
Artest sucks and is overrated
Forest sucks
JO is overrated
Our bench sucks
Our coach is horrible

Man, how did we win 61 games
How did we win 1 game against "mighty" Detroit
How did we come with in one blocked shot from most likely winning game 2
How did we come with in one defense stop from possibly being up 3-0

Do they not realize that one lucky trade that happens maybe once a decade had not happened, Detroit would probably be out of the playoffs already. Without the Atlanta fire sell R. Wallace for nobody trade, the Pacer's would have marched through the eastern playoffs without much trouble.

unstandable
05-28-2004, 01:25 AM
I'll take these one at a time :)

Reggie is done - pretty much, yeah, he's a shooting guard who doesn't shoot much, he can still hit shots though, so I wonder why he isn't a bigger part of your offense still

Tinsley sucks - I actually like his game a lot, he's a very good penetrator

Artest sucks and is overrated - he doesn't suck, but he is overrated, Ben should have been DPOY - he makes a defensive impact every game and every series, Artest's offense has been worse than I expected, but Detroit's a tough matchup, but compared to our last series, Artest is far behind Jefferson in terms of offensive game

Forest sucks - he's decent, good hustle player, nothing to write home about

JO is overrated - he's not really a true post player like everyone says, more a jump shooter, but he's still very good defensively and probably better offensively when he doesn't have to face Wallace and Wallace

Our bench sucks - I think it's very good, though it's inconsistent like every team's bench, but I like Harrington and Bender, not sure what's so great about Jones though

Our coach is horrible - I think he's a very good coach, one of the best, but maybe not on Larry Brown's level

I'm not really sure what your point is about the Sheed trade. It was a great deal, I agree, Joe Dumars is god :)

Kstat
05-28-2004, 01:28 AM
I'm not really sure what your point is about the Sheed trade. It was a great deal, I agree, Joe Dumars is god :)

His point is that its not fair that Joe got Rasheed for Nothing. Just sour grapes. Any GM in the NBA would have made that deal.

JOneal7
05-28-2004, 01:48 AM
KStat you are the biggest detroit homer alive.

Grey
05-28-2004, 01:56 AM
His point is that its not fair that Joe got Rasheed for Nothing.

He had to give up Chucky Atkins, Zeljko Rebraca, and Bob Sura. Sure, they're not all-stars, but I wouldn't call it "nothing".

Kstat
05-28-2004, 01:59 AM
His point is that its not fair that Joe got Rasheed for Nothing.

He had to give up Chucky Atkins, Zeljko Rebraca, and Bob Sura. Sure, they're not all-stars, but I wouldn't call it "nothing".

Just let it go, we had a LOT of that kind of talk when the Pistion initially dealt for Rasheed. Like it was a crime against humanity ir something. I Might add we gave up two 1st rounders and a guy that racked up more triple doubles than half the TEAMS in the NBA.

That said.....of course its a lopsided deal, but oh well. If the Pacers pulled off that same kind of deal everyone here would be applauding.

Grey
05-28-2004, 02:58 AM
I Might add we gave up two 1st rounders and a guy that racked up more triple doubles than half the TEAMS in the NBA.

Sorry, you lost me on that one.

unstandable
05-28-2004, 03:03 AM
I Might add we gave up two 1st rounders and a guy that racked up more triple doubles than half the TEAMS in the NBA.

Bobby Sura - don't you remember when he had two straight triple doubles and was one rebound shy of a third when he pulled a Ricky Davis (only at the right basket) and missed on purpose to get his own rebound in the final seconds?

I think his great rebounding numbers could best be explained by the fact that he was the tallest player on Atlanta this year :)

kerosene
05-28-2004, 03:07 AM

I think he means Sura. His awesomeness is barely offset by 'Sheeds :rolleyes: Wasn't Sura the guy who you basically said always killed the Pistons? Something like "When he was with the Warriors he killed us, now he's with the Pistons and he kills us"? :laugh:

And JO, lay off Kstat a bit, he's never done anything to you.

As stated up there^ Any GM would've made that deal. Talentwise anyway. I'm sure a few GMs would've thought more than once about taking 'Sheed on given his history (and before that gets thrown back at me) as they would ~or~ would have RA. Brown's wanted him for at least a couple of years IIRC anyway. It looks like a good move by Detroit so far.

Grey
05-28-2004, 03:21 AM
Bobby Sura - don't you remember when he had two straight triple doubles...

I got it now. Sorry.

I'd assumed that Kstat was a Pacer fan, and was disagreeing with my post. I thought he was talking about the Pacers when he said "we gave up a player...".

Kstat
05-28-2004, 03:24 AM
Bobby Sura - don't you remember when he had two straight triple doubles...
I'd assumed that Kstat was a Pacer fan...".

Well isnt that a fate worse than death........

;)

Hicks
05-28-2004, 03:35 AM

His point is that its not fair that Joe got Rasheed for Nothing. Just sour grapes. Any GM in the NBA would have made that deal.

Uh, YEAH. Of course we're gonna be sour grapes when our biggest rival gets an all-star for peanuts in the middle of a season where they were only a step behind us. What would you expect? How would Pistons fans feel if we had acquired an all-star shooting guard during the season for like Croshere and Johnson and draft picks?

Grey
05-28-2004, 03:35 AM
Well isnt that a fate worse than death........

I did notice that you were from Detroit. I just misinterpreted your "let it go" comment. I thought you were a Pacer fan telling me to shut-up. :)

Kstat
05-28-2004, 03:39 AM

Uh, YEAH. Of course we're gonna be sour grapes when our biggest rivial gets an all-star for peanuts in the middle of a season where they were only a step behind us. What would you expect? How would Pistons fans feel if we had acquired an all-star shooting guard during the season for like Croshere and Johnson and draft picks?

I'd say it was a hell of a move, they have a heck of a GM, and move on. I don't really see how anyone could act so cheated by it.

Hicks
05-28-2004, 03:46 AM

Uh, YEAH. Of course we're gonna be sour grapes when our biggest rivial gets an all-star for peanuts in the middle of a season where they were only a step behind us. What would you expect? How would Pistons fans feel if we had acquired an all-star shooting guard during the season for like Croshere and Johnson and draft picks?

I'd say it was a hell of a move, they have a heck of a GM, and move on. I don't really see how anyone could act so cheated by it.

For me personally, it was me enjoying my team having a year that felt like a dream season: we're on pace to win 60 games, we're the best team in the conference, it seems like no one is gonna stop us from reaching the Finals to play for the title. Then your rival gets and upgrade, and throws a wrench into everything. For me, being a fan of a team that's always been a runner-up, it really hurt me to think that the year that finally felt like "our year" was suddenly put into doubt. So, resentment ensued.

Harddrive7
05-28-2004, 07:33 AM
Capaman?! Holy hell, he's back.

Now we just need to find out where DPM went and we'll be set.

IndyToad
That ain't no airplane

I was thinking da same thing.

indygeezer
05-28-2004, 08:14 AM
Capaman is alive and well!!! <snif> I'm sooo happy! Welcome to the forum buddy, it's been a looong time. <snif snif> Ya heard from any of the ol' gang? Ya heard about Arkman right? <He's become a closet Hawk fan>

capaman
05-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Has he been drinking out of white river again? I have told him before what a bad idea that is. Anyway hello and thanks for the warm reception guys.

indygeezer
05-28-2004, 10:00 AM
No, he went straight. Got a job and moved to Atlanta.

Harddrive7
05-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Has he been drinking out of white river again? I have told him before what a bad idea that is. Anyway hello and thanks for the warm reception guys.

What took you so long to find us? We've been looking and looking for you for years. We found your chair, then we found the ashtray, then the thermos...

Grey
05-28-2004, 05:45 PM
Just let it go, we had a LOT of that kind of talk when the Pistion initially dealt for Rasheed...

I've been enjoying all of the old posts on that subject. I liked this one...

Frankly, I dont know HOW Joe plans to get Sheed without giving up his core group of Billups, Rip, Darko, Memo and Ben, but I wouldnt put it past him...

Ok. I'll let it go now. :)

Artestaholic
05-28-2004, 06:39 PM
:laugh: at people still referring to Rasheed Wallace as an All-Star. When. exactly, was the last time he made an All-Star game? Has he even made one this millinium? And if you wanna talk about teams picking up All-Stars, look at the Knicks. They picked up 3 All-Stars - Vin Baker, Stephon Marbury, and Anfernee Hardaway. ;)

Hicks
05-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Artestaholic, Sheed is still playing close to an all-star level; so it's the same difference. Rip Hamilton has never been an all-star, but I view him as an all-star player. Just like I viewed Ron as one last year. There are many "all-stars" that either weren't on the team, or haven't been for a while or yet.

Artestaholic
05-28-2004, 07:03 PM

Reggie is done - pretty much, yeah, he's a shooting guard who doesn't shoot much, he can still hit shots though, so I wonder why he isn't a bigger part of your offense still
His days of being a superstar are done. His days of hitting big shots are far from over.

Tinsley sucks - I actually like his game a lot, he's a very good penetrator
Tinsleys a very good point guard. People got on him late in his rookie year for rookie ******** and it seems everyone jumped on the "Jamaal Tinsley sucks!" bandwagon not reliezing a rookie point guard is gonna make mistakes. He's not a great scorer, but he's got as good an overall game as any non-superstar point guard in the league, including Chauncey "I can score 20 on 30 shots a game but not much else" Billups.

Artest sucks and is overrated - he doesn't suck, but he is overrated, Ben should have been DPOY - he makes a defensive impact every game and every series, Artest's offense has been worse than I expected, but Detroit's a tough matchup, but compared to our last series, Artest is far behind Jefferson in terms of offensive game.
Actually, Artest is underrated. 20/5/3 a game with the leagues best D is top-10, yet some morons dont even have Artest as top 20 lol. And Artests offense is better than Jeffersons, but probably not much. He's strong enough to play inside, Jeffersons not. He's also a better 3 poit shooter and doesnt have the benifit of a Jason Kidd-led run-n-gun offense to help inflate his stats. But I will admit Jeffersons a better offensive player than the 0 time All-Star Rip Hamilton.

Forest sucks - he's decent, good hustle player, nothing to write home about
The same could be said for Ben Wallace, yet for some reason you Pistons fans have the idea he's a superstar lol. Try getting some NBA skills outside of jumping, then we'll talk.

JO is overrated - he's not really a true post player like everyone says, more a jump shooter, but he's still very good defensively and probably better offensively when he doesn't have to face Wallace and Wallace
He's a great low-post player. Probably top-3. He has become a frequent jump shooter this season, but it's just an added weapon to his repetoire. And he's hitting them on a consistent basis so why not shoot them? And his offensive numbers against the Pistons, including these playoffs, are up over his regular season numbers. JO does what true superstars do, he raises his game when needed.

Our bench sucks - I think it's very good, though it's inconsistent like every team's bench, but I like Harrington and Bender, not sure what's so great about Jones though
It's the best bench in the league, bar none. There's only 2 other guys in the same league as Al Harrington when it comes to bench players, and that's Antwan Jamison and Bobby Jackson. And to not only have a bench player on that level, but to add players like Jonathan Bender, Fred Jones, Austin Croshere, Scot Pollard, and Anthony Johnson - is just remarkable. And what's so great about Jones is, he's got superstar athleticism, he can slash, he's a solid rebounder, and a very good defender. All from a second year player who got virtually no playting time his first season.

Our coach is horrible - I think he's a very good coach, one of the best, but maybe not on Larry Brown's level
Actually, Rick Carlisle has done as much in 3 years as Larry Brown has done on his career. How many NBA championships has Larry Brown won? How man NBA Finals has Larry Brown made? How many other supposed "great" coaches do you know who have been coaching as long as Larry Brown, yet never even won an NBA championship and has made only 1 Finals appearance?

It was a good trade for the Pistons in the short run - but what happens when the Pistons overpay (which from what I've heard they will) for an aging, and not that productive in the first place, Rasheed Wallace? And as a Pacers fan I'm flattered that Joe Dumars would recognize that his team was nowhere near the Pacers level, and would have to make a big trade to try and compete.