PDA

View Full Version : If the Pacers come back and win this series, thank Fred Jones

Cactus Jax
05-27-2004, 09:59 AM
His dunk in the fourth quarter caused the entire comeback although they lost. It made guys believe that these Detroit guys can't block every shot, and that the guys off the bench are still going to try 100% at any point. Did you see how the entire team changed their body after that play; it gave confidence. If I were Detroit, I would try and get rid of it within the first 5 minutes of game 4.

sweabs
05-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Yes - that dunk was really important, and in my opinion, the nicest dunk I have seen the entire year.

First he fakes the pants off Rip, then just brings it up, ***** it back and throws it down on the face of one of the best shot blockers in the game.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE PICTURE!!!???

TheSauceMaster
05-27-2004, 10:04 AM
whoa , whoa there chipper , Austin's Dunk brought us within 1 and I am not trying to steal fred's thunder dunk ethier;)

sweabs
05-27-2004, 10:07 AM
whoa , whoa there chipper , Austin's Dunk brought us within 1 and I am not trying to steal fred's thunder dunk ethier;)

I'm not discrediting Austin's dunk - it's importance was probably more significant than Freddies - but Freddy started a nice little run and he couldn't have started it any better.

JOneal7
05-27-2004, 10:21 AM
yeah it gave even the guys on the bench life! they all jumped up on it!
I know i need that pic! :(!