PDA

View Full Version : When it comes to relationships...

bellisimo
09-09-2007, 05:59 PM
What does everyone look for...or looked for if you have found your ideal lady/sir/whatever? :D

I've been labelled as Mr. Picky by my friends for the sheer fact that I don't get into relationships if the girl does not posses both inner and outer beauty...

I'd rather be called picky instead of settling and being miserable with someone i have no interest for....:buddies:

so what are your priorities?
those who are married - when you look back on your younger self...would you say they would've approved of your current partner - or did times change as well as the qualities you looked for in someone?

SoupIsGood
09-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Hmm. Silliness is a must. People who take things serious are fine, but you've got to be a bit silly inside, too. It'd be nice if they read a lot, but differing interests is always cool, too. Mainly, it just had to be a person w/ whom I have great conversations. Unfortunately, those people seem to be kinda rare. Oh well.

I'd include something about looks, but really, there's not many girls who aren't cute in some kind of way. I don't really have any set sort of physical look that I particularly care for--except that I tend to favor the cute, plain look over the 'hot,' over- or under-dressed look.

LoneGranger33
09-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Hmm. Silliness is a must. People who take things serious are fine, but you've got to be a bit silly inside, too. It'd be nice if they read a lot, but differing interests is always cool, too. Mainly, it just had to be a person w/ whom I have great conversations. Unfortunately, those people seem to be kinda rare. Oh well.

I'd include something about looks, but really, there's not many girls who aren't cute in some kind of way. I don't really have any set sort of physical look that I particularly care for--except that I tend to favor the cute, plain look over the 'hot,' over- or under-dressed look.

I agree with everything SIG said. In addition, I'd say I'm looking for a woman with a social conscience, or at least aware that the world does not revolve around herself.

Kegboy
09-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I've been called "picky" too. Of course, everyone who said that is now divorced.

Los Angeles
09-10-2007, 01:24 AM
I went through a lot of very good looking women, women most people would say would be "way out of my league". I'm not bragging, there's a point in bringing this up.

Ultimately, I married a woman that became my partner and best friend. I wasn't looking to find a really good friend when we met up, I was just into having fun. But the fun kept going and going and next thing you know, we're moving in together and then getting married and then moving across the country, etc. etc.

So what should you look for? Gauging just from my experience, you should look for someone who is low maintenance and someone who makes you happy.

Gyron
09-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm in about the same situation as LA.

I dated quite a bit, a probably quite a bit out of my league. I ultimately became VERY good friends with my wife, and it evolved into a realtionship. And even today, I still know I still went way above my league when she agreed to marry me. And I'm thankful for it everyday. And still today, we are best friends as much as we are husband and wife.

Unclebuck
09-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Is it too much to ask for them to be Pacers fans. Probably.

pacercoltfan
09-14-2007, 05:51 PM
They just have to be breathing. :sigh: I have nothing but bad luck when it comes to finding my Mr. Right. Love stinks!

JayRedd
09-15-2007, 12:14 AM
I like big butts and I cannot lie...

Lord Helmet
09-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Is it too much to ask for them to be Pacers fans. Probably.
:(

I'd want someone who I could talk to, and has a good sense of humor.

It'd be an added bonus if they liked the Pacers and Colts.

As for looks, cute is fine by me.

I've had no luck so far! :dance:

Will Galen
09-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I still know I still went way above my league when she agreed to marry me. And I'm thankful for it everyday. And still today, we are best friends as much as we are husband and wife.

It's nice that you think of her as in a league above yourself, but if your best friends I would say she did very well in choosing you!

Gyron
09-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks Will. She keeps me in check:)

She's very good for me.

N8R
09-24-2007, 06:27 PM
I look for someone I can talk to and just be myself around which is a very weird person to find me tolerable. I didn't do well with women in the last long time but I have recently found someone who can stand me and actually likes me so I will go from there.

As for a basketball fan that is a tough one to find. Would be nice but I like introducing them to the game with a good live event.

indypacerfan54
09-25-2007, 07:44 PM
A perfect women:

Must have plow experience

Be able to chain up my brother Bilo up when he gets out

Her vagin must not hang loose like mouth of tired dog

Lord Helmet
09-25-2007, 09:24 PM
A perfect women:

Must have plow experience

Be able to chain up my brother Bilo up when he gets out

Her vagin must not hang loose like mouth of tired dog
Or sleeve of wizard.....

But in all seriousness......

Dream girl, I need you! :dance:

Unclebuck
09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
They must, must must have a sense of humor. And many females don't.

Raskolnikov
09-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Women are so confusing

Mourning
09-29-2007, 07:44 AM
I've been called "picky" too. Of course, everyone who said that is now divorced.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bballpacen
09-29-2007, 10:22 PM
It is important to find someone who makes you happy. What makes you happy is different for everyone else. Relationships are tough work, and you need to make sure that you find someone that is willing to work as hard at making it work as you are going to be.

bellisimo
10-01-2007, 06:08 PM
thats the thing...
not many people make me happy...
the ones that do...can't seem to keep it up for a long time...
i dunno...
i think i'm just going to be one of those people who spend their whole life single...

JayRedd
10-03-2007, 11:06 AM
the ones that do...can't seem to keep it up for a long time...

FYI...They have drugs for that nowadays.

LoneGranger33
10-03-2007, 02:48 PM
I like big butts and I cannot lie...

Since it's your birthday, and certainly not because I laughed out loud, I will applaud these comments and thereby crown you as king of the thread.

bellisimo
10-05-2007, 08:53 AM

wow...just wow :laugh:

Lord Helmet
10-24-2007, 09:18 PM
I've been getting down lately that I don't even have anyone on the radar.....

:sad:

Any advice on helping me shrug it off better? (I normally do, but sometimes it gets me kind of down.)

Eindar
10-25-2007, 06:51 AM

Any advice on helping me shrug it off better? (I normally do, but sometimes it gets me kind of down.)

Here's some advice: you're 17! You've got eons left to find someone who will turn you into an emotional wreck :)

The kindler, gentler version of me says: all you really have to do is be friendly and a nice guy and girls will find you. "Be yourself" is horsecrap, though, unless you're naturally a bad boy she can bring home to Mom.

EDIT: To answer the thread, I'm looking for a pretty face, height proportionate to weight, and a strong, sweet personality. That's all

indygeezer
10-25-2007, 07:09 AM

They don't work.

Since86
10-25-2007, 03:51 PM

I just got out of a relationship of 6 years, and I'm 21. Trust me. TAKE IT SLOW. HS relationships are tricky business. I got into a too serious too soon relationship because we just weren't mature enough to know what we were really doing. Our relationship lasted 4 years, atleast, too long.

You've got to establish yourself first. No matter how well you think you know yourself, you're getting ready to change all that when you go to college. You get older, you mature, and you change. Knowing who you are, and what you want is over half the battle. Everything else will fall into place once those things are taken care of.

I don't want to sound bitter and trying to keep you from making my mistakes, Lord knows I made enough, I'm just giving you as friendly of advice as I can. You see many many long term relationships go down in flames in college from a number of different reasons.

Don't sweat it.

cactusjack
10-25-2007, 04:54 PM

Good Lord, Helmet, you're only 17. You'll meet and (hopefully) enjoy many women before you need to worry about finding the right one. I was 34 before I found the one I wanted to marry, and now I'm glad I waited so long.

pacercoltfan
10-25-2007, 05:06 PM
I was 34 before I found the one I wanted to marry, and now I'm glad I waited so long.

That gives me a little hope. I'm 31 and still waiting (sometimes not patiently) on my "Mr. Right". :(<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Lord Helmet
10-25-2007, 06:59 PM
I just got out of a relationship of 6 years, and I'm 21. Trust me. TAKE IT SLOW. HS relationships are tricky business. I got into a too serious too soon relationship because we just weren't mature enough to know what we were really doing. Our relationship lasted 4 years, atleast, too long.

You've got to establish yourself first. No matter how well you think you know yourself, you're getting ready to change all that when you go to college. You get older, you mature, and you change. Knowing who you are, and what you want is over half the battle. Everything else will fall into place once those things are taken care of.

I don't want to sound bitter and trying to keep you from making my mistakes, Lord knows I made enough, I'm just giving you as friendly of advice as I can. You see many many long term relationships go down in flames in college from a number of different reasons.

Don't sweat it.
I know, High School relationships are pretty pointless, you'll most likely break up in a month or so, (If you make it that long), even if you do last, what happens when you both are going to separate colleges? Or just after High School altogether?

I almost got into a relationship with someone last fall, and it tore me apart, it wasn't fun. I'm glad that never worked out. I couldn't have been happier the day I had no feelings towards that one and just didn't care.

But just lately I've just been down about my status with relationships as a whole. Even with how I feel about High School relationships, I still sometimes manage to feel down about not even having anyone on the radar so to speak.

I appreciate your words and everyone's. I know I'm young, and don't get me wrong, I'm not sweating it at all. But sometimes I just get down about it and that's what sucks.

JayRedd
10-25-2007, 07:50 PM
They don't work.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Or maybe:

:(:(:(:(

Eindar
10-26-2007, 12:47 AM
That gives me a little hope. I'm 31 and still waiting (sometimes not patiently) on my "Mr. Right". :(<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

You're a chick, right? :D

I'm 27 and single, that's all I'm sayin'!

bellisimo
10-26-2007, 05:15 AM

do not over analyze - that is a huge thing that I learned to stop doing when I was back in HS...and was going through some...*cough* dry spells *cough*... cause when you do...somehow always manage to focus on the negative...oh I don't have this or I don't have that...

keep a clear focus...right now at your age - it is essential to work on who you are instead of finding someone on the radar....cause once you have established an identity - the one that is attractive...you don't have to worry about not having anyone on the radar...they'll park their butts themselves ;)