PDA

View Full Version : UFC - Posts about UFC news.

Pages : [1] 2

N8R
09-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Anyone else on this board watching UFC now? I do and I figured I might aswell make a post to see who else is.

Arcadian
09-05-2007, 01:10 AM
I like it. There's another thread somewhere about it.

I'm looking forward to Saturday's fight.

Jackson v. Henderson that should be a great fight. One of the better match ups this year.

As a TUF fan I'm looking forward to seeing Hamill and Bisping. They both can do damage.

I'm also curious to see what Alexander does. He tore up Jardine.

N8R
09-05-2007, 01:15 AM
I searched the forum but didnt find anything. Oh well the other thread is dead.

I too am looking forward to this Saturdays match although I will have to tape it and watch it later due to being out of town for the weekend to visit the rcarey.

I am a bit of a TUF fan I watched the first season when Bonar and Griffin squared off for aht GREAT match. At the time it was the best fight I had seen in a long time.

And yeah I cant wait to see Rampage vs Henderson. That will hopefully be a lot better than the Liddell v Rampage fight.

I saw a bit of the TUF season that had Hamill and Bisping on it so I will like to see it aswell. But this upcoming season of TUF is looking like it will be intense by the previews I saw.

Arcadian
09-05-2007, 01:25 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=32406

That is the thread. All 7 posts.

Well, know we know why Sherk is a beast.

LouisvilleLip
09-05-2007, 01:46 AM
I miss pride :( ufc is :bs:

Arcadian
09-05-2007, 01:54 AM
You aren't excited to see Jackson v. Henderson?

I just want to see the best fighters fight each other. Now that is possible without having to argue which is better.

LouisvilleLip
09-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Somewhat excited yes but that being said Dan Henderson fought most of his career at 185 so 205 is not really his natural fighting weight and secondly he shouldn't even be holding the pride 205 title. Shogun, Lil Nog, Arona are all much better at 205 than Henderson lil nog and arona already beat Henderson before. Henderson is just lucky he got to fight a weak and injured silva.

Rampage is one of my favorites cause of his fighting style and personality but I will be the first to admit hes not the best 205. Styles make fights and Rampage is just perfect to beat Liddell but the guy got smashed by Silva twice and Shogun once just as badly. Besides chuck is best win is probably Arona in which he shouldn't even have the victory considering he knocked himself out during the slam.

I think it will be a good fight don't get me wrong but I just don't believe it is as meaningful as some suggest.

pwee31
09-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Yeah I started the last UFC thread, but it didn't draw much convo. I'm looking forward to the next couple of fights. I agree the Rampage/Henderson should be entertaining. Hamill/Bisping should be fun too. Hamill is more of a wrestler, so it depends if he tries to stand up with Bisping or not.

I'm a little disappointed from Koscheck's showing against GSP. St. Pierre was on his game, but if Kos would've have wrestled with him, instead of allowing GSP to just shoot at will, he would've won. I feel the same goes for Hamill Sat. if he wrestles with Bisping... he should win!

LouisvilleLip
09-05-2007, 01:17 PM
MMA is too far advanced for people to be only skilled at 1 art form. Matt Hamill will never be successful. The days of Coleman, Kerr wrestling in mma are done.

denyfizle
09-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Watch UFC on Spike TV this coming 8th. Match-up between Hendo (Henderson) and Rampage is awesome. Champion vs Champion! I am more of a Pride fan so UFC buying Pride is a great move. A lot of upper tier caliber fighters are from Pride. Nogueira, Rampage, CroCop and Henderson are just a few who made the jump. CroCop is fighting on the 8th too tryin to bounce back from a loss. He is still explosive! Brandon Vera is back in the UFC and will face Tim Sylvia next month. Watch out for Shogun Rua's debut too!!!

N8R
09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm a little disappointed from Koscheck's showing against GSP. St. Pierre was on his game, but if Kos would've have wrestled with him, instead of allowing GSP to just shoot at will, he would've won. I feel the same goes for Hamill Sat. if he wrestles with Bisping... he should win!

Yeah that fight it looked like Kos was letting GSP do what he wanted. He never got into his own rythm. Just et GSP do as he pleased. But I am glad GSP won the fight as I do not like Kos as all. Never have since he was on TUF. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

Arcadian
09-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I know there is a lot of love out there for Kos, but his last two fights have sucked.

If Hamill never improves sure he won't be have a successful of career. I think he will. He's a strong guy and there are tons of wrestlers who have made the transition. I think the bigger issue with him is his head.

LouisvilleLip
09-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I would be shocked if Hamill ever becomes anything close to a champion, his striking is pathetic. His style of fighting would have worked 10 years ago. 99% of the guys from Tuf have been bums except for Kos, Sanchez, Griffin, Rashad, Joe Stevenson but even those guys won't become contenders/champs except possibly Joe just because they will probably hand him the belt when he fights some bum for the lw title but like half the best lw's in the world are not even in ufc.

MagicRat
09-05-2007, 03:53 PM
SPECIAL DELIVERY: SCENT OF FRESHLY PREPARED KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN TO TEMPT TASTE BUDS OF AMERICAN OFFICEWORKERS
http://www.kfc.com/images/spacer.gif
KFC Unveils New $2.99 Deals Via First-Ever Aroma-Focused Corporate Product Placement

LOUISVILLE, KY - In a marketing first, KFC is highlighting the launch of its $2.99 Deals by placing the mouth-watering aroma of Kentucky Fried Chicken in the halls and offices of corporate America.

Forget television integrations or corporate naming rights, Kentucky Fried Chicken's first-ever "scent-focused" pilot program teamed KFC with corporate mail rooms nationwide. Along with carrying inter-office mail, overnight packages and bills, mail carts in Washington, D.C., Chicago and Dallas delivered the aroma of freshly prepared Kentucky Fried Chicken during pre-lunch mail drops.

Through the pilot program, KFC worked with an online company, a business-to-business consulting firm and a non-profit, to include a $2.99 Deal - a plated meal including KFC's world famous chicken, a side item and a biscuit - on the actual mail carts that pass the offices of hungry workers.

"There is truly no better brand ambassador worldwide than the signature aroma of freshly prepared Kentucky Fried Chicken," said James O'Reilly, chief marketing officer for KFC. "And we couldn't think of a better way to showcase the value of our new $2.99 Deal than to inject the mouth-watering scent of Kentucky Fried Chicken into the corridors of corporate America."

To bring the sweet-smelling promotion to life, KFC collaborated with Chemistry.com in Dallas; the Trade Association & Society Consultants of Washington, D.C.; and the Chicago offices of the Salvation Army.

The perfect lunchtime fix, KFC's new $2.99 Deals are a plated meal including either one chicken breast, a drumstick and thigh, or two Crispy Strips, along with a choice of a side item such as mashed potatoes and gravy or cheesy macaroni & cheese, and a flaky biscuit. It's a real meal for lunch for just $2.99. For more information or to find your nearest KFC location, please visit www.KFC.com (http://www.KFC.com).

About KFC
KFC Corporation, based in Louisville, Ky., is the world's most popular chicken restaurant chain specializing in Original Recipe®, Extra Crispy™ and Colonel's Crispy Strips® with home-style sides, Honey BBQ Wings, and freshly made chicken sandwiches. There are more than 14,000 KFC outlets in more than 80 countries and territories around the world, serving some 12 million customers each day. KFC Corporation is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., Louisville, Ky. (NYSE: YUM.)

pwee31
09-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah that fight it looked like Kos was letting GSP do what he wanted. He never got into his own rythm. Just et GSP do as he pleased. But I am glad GSP won the fight as I do not like Kos as all. Never have since he was on TUF. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

Yeah a lot of folks don't like Kos. My cousin and I use to follow his collegiate wrestling career, so i've always been a fan of his. I personally thought he beat Diego on the show, but it seems judges score things differently. Some value takedowns, and some don't unless you work after the takedowns. It's actually complicated b/c you do the work to take a guy off his feet, but then if you don't attack afterwards the non-action can hurt you. What's crazy is two of the judges gave Kos the 1st round based off his reversal/takedown in the 1st round, so it would have been interesting to see what the scorecard would've been if he would've taken down GSP towards the end of the 3rd.

GSP dominated that fight, and though I'm a Kos fan, I was happy for GSP as well.

pwee31
09-05-2007, 04:06 PM
It's good to have multiple fighting styles in your backgorund, but I think the ones with the wrestling backgrounds have done pretty well for themselves. As long as they don't get caught in submissions, they're usually pretty good.

You look at Koscheck, Rashaad, and even Hamill. All of them did well on their respective TUF show, and have had success since. You can also look at guys like Matt Hughes and Sherk (barring steroid controversy) and they've done well for themselves too.

Not saying you can just go in with wrestling and win, but if you learn to defend and not get caught with something... wrestlers tend to do well in MMA

Arcadian
09-05-2007, 08:41 PM
These are my picks for Sat.

Jackson V Henderson
Henderson might be better pound per pound but he is still fighting out of his wieght class.

Hamill v Bisping
Bisping obviously is the more well rounded fighter. I just want to Hamill to prove the doubters wrong. ;)

Cro Cop v Kongo
No way should he lose.

Davis v Taylor
Davis is on a roll. I expect it to continue.

Alexander v Sakara
Alexander looked pretty impressive the 45 seconds I saw of him.

I don't know about the fighters on the undercard, but that never stopped me from having an opinion before.

Tibau v Etim

Drwal v Thiago Silva

Katani v Siver

Torres v Liaudin

pwee31
09-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't know if Kongo is the best fighter, but I watched the weigh-in and the guy is huge! I doubt Cro Cop loses again though, but I don't know b/c i haven't seen this Kongo guy fight. he looks a lot bigger then Cro Cop though, so i wouldn't be shocked if he beat Cro Cop

pwee31
09-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Matt Hamill got screwed! Unbelievable!!

Arcadian
09-09-2007, 04:23 AM
Yeah, no one with the group I was with thought Bisping won. He talked all of smack for someone who was given the match, too.

Alexander's a beast. I'd like to see him fight someone who can give him trouble.

What's wrong with Cro Cop? He's been disappointing in the UFC.

Jackson Henderson was a good fight. I think Jackson is coming into his own.

N8R
12-30-2007, 02:26 AM
That UFC 79 was GREAT

The Liddell Silva fight was superb and I only wished it was a championship fight so that I could have seen 2 more rounds of that actions.

The Hughes GSP fight was good as well but GSP dominated from the start. I wanted him to win as he is a fellow Canadian but I do want to see a Hughes Sierra fight like it was supposed to be.

Anyone else see these fights?

pwee31
01-02-2008, 02:57 AM
That UFC 79 was GREAT

The Liddell Silva fight was superb and I only wished it was a championship fight so that I could have seen 2 more rounds of that actions.

The Hughes GSP fight was good as well but GSP dominated from the start. I wanted him to win as he is a fellow Canadian but I do want to see a Hughes Sierra fight like it was supposed to be.

Anyone else see these fights?

I saw them. They pretty much went as I expected them to

N8R
05-09-2008, 05:47 AM
UFC 84 is coming on May 24th, 2008 Who will be watching?

pwee31
05-10-2008, 01:02 PM
I'll be watching

I have Sherk beating Penn
Silva beating Jardine.

And Tito Ortiz will probably get slaughtered

Arcadian
05-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Undecided.

I believe and hope Sherk loses.

Silva and Jardine is the only fight I'm looking forward to.

N8R
05-11-2008, 02:13 AM
I dont really know the card but I have a table booked at a bar already to watch it. it is going to be great.

05-11-2008, 03:52 AM
I love UFC! Been watching since they didnt even had any weight classes and had much less rules :D

And oh, GSP is the best!!

Cant wait for UFC 84, BJ Penn is arguably the best submission / BJJ fighter in the world.... but Sean Sherk is the Hulk. Sherk, if he wins he will most probably win by TKO / KO and Penn by submission, i believe its 50 / 50... but i am rooting for BJ Penn!

Jonathan
05-11-2008, 09:24 PM
It will be interesting to see how well the free card on national television does that night w/ Kimob Slice. I really enjoy the UFC my main beef is this if you expect people to pay $50 for the fights you should be able to watch all the undercards. It is wrong to charge that money and then only show 1/4 of the Fights. I love the WEC on VS as well.

Eindar
05-11-2008, 10:34 PM
It will be interesting to see how well the free card on national television does that night w/ Kimob Slice. I really enjoy the UFC my main beef is this if you expect people to pay $50 for the fights you should be able to watch all the undercards. It is wrong to charge that money and then only show 1/4 of the Fights. I love the WEC on VS as well.

Doesn't boxing follow this same formula? I know there's a difference in that even the undercard on the UFC has names you recognize, whereas boxing doesn't, but it's still the same model.

I hope the CBS show gets decent ratings, but I hate they way they're marketing Kimbo Slice. It could realistically set the sport back 5 years if they keep marketing it as violent street fighting with guys trying to kill each other as opposed to how the UFC has created a culture of an educated professional athlete.

Jonathan
05-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Doesn't boxing follow this same formula? I know there's a difference in that even the undercard on the UFC has names you recognize, whereas boxing doesn't, but it's still the same model.

I hope the CBS show gets decent ratings, but I hate they way they're marketing Kimbo Slice. It could realistically set the sport back 5 years if they keep marketing it as violent street fighting with guys trying to kill each other as opposed to how the UFC has created a culture of an educated professional athlete.

The UFC has several fights 12-16 most times and they only show six at the most. I do not think Boxing has that many fights on the undercard. Kimbo Slice beat a 40 year old Tank Abbott. The UFC partnering up w/ Spike was great for the MMA.

Eindar
05-13-2008, 12:49 AM
The UFC has several fights 12-16 most times and they only show six at the most. I do not think Boxing has that many fights on the undercard. Kimbo Slice beat a 40 year old Tank Abbott. The UFC partnering up w/ Spike was great for the MMA.

I think your numbers are off a bit. I've got UFC on Demand, and typically there are 2-3 fights every pay per view event that don't get televised. I think there's usually around 8-10 fights per UFC card, most often 9, to be specific, and they show as many as they can, depending on how quickly the main card wraps up. I remember one event about 3 or 4 months ago where they showed all but 1 fight due to the main card being lots of quick stoppages.

That's another thing, and exactly why you should be happy you get what you get. When you pay $50 for a boxing card, you're paying for the main bout, and if that bout doesn't get out of the 2nd round, you got completely screwed out of that $50. By comparison, if the main card of the UFC events ends quickly and unspectactacularly, they've got other fights they can show you, so you don't feel as cheated.

N8R
05-13-2008, 03:44 AM
Agreed. I do wish they would show more fights but it is more a time limit problem with them. The last one, UFC 83, there was a guy from London Ontario (where I reside) fighting and they didnt show that one so I was pretty pissed, but I understand the whole time problems.

And what is this CBS Kimbo business?

Jonathan
05-13-2008, 11:33 AM
I understand the time limit deal but I just wish you pay an additional $10-20 and be able to view all the fights. It would help the UFC out in the long run by people getting to watch the Jonathan Goulet's & such.

pwee31
05-13-2008, 10:24 PM
I understand the time limit deal but I just wish you pay an additional $10-20 and be able to view all the fights. It would help the UFC out in the long run by people getting to watch the Jonathan Goulet's & such.

They showed his fight during the last pay per view. Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

They usually get in 2-3 of the undercard fights after the main event which is nice.

pwee31
05-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Agreed. I do wish they would show more fights but it is more a time limit problem with them. The last one, UFC 83, there was a guy from London Ontario (where I reside) fighting and they didnt show that one so I was pretty pissed, but I understand the whole time problems.

Which fighter was it? I saw a few fights after the main event that included guys from Canada

Eindar
05-13-2008, 11:15 PM

UFC on Demand is $10 dollars per month and they put all the unaired prelims on there. Given that there's usually one UFC PPV per month, that's right at your price point of $10 per event. Sure, it's not HD, but that's not the only service they offer, either. They've got some Pride fights and some older stuff you can check out.

Eindar
05-13-2008, 11:16 PM

May 31st, Kimbo Slice, who has beaten up on two guys tailor made for him, will be fighting another guy tailor made for him on CBS. I think Elite XC is planning on doing one card per month on CBS.

pwee31
05-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Ha, Rampage is hilarious on the Ultimate Fighter show this season, too abd his team is losing.

Though I think a member of his team will win. CB Dolloway, he hasn't fought yet, but he's a beast

N8R
05-20-2008, 03:15 AM
Sam Stout was the fighter. I thought I stayed till the end of the broadcast for 83 and I did not see him fight.

I have seen Sam Stout in person in Port Stanely Post fighter one night. He face was pretty bruised up. One of my friends got in a hockey fight with him when they were younger and won. He still brags about it hahaha.

pwee31
05-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Fight night is finally here. Looking forward to some good matchups

N8R
05-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Not that was a Good UFC night.

The Tito Machida fight was boring and went to decision. It seemed like Machida didnt really want to engage and every time Tito tried throwing something to taking Machida down he would run away and it was just slow and boring.

The Silva Jardine fight was the fight of the night in my opinion. GREAT knockout by Silva on Jardine. He fell like a ton of bricks and we thought Jardine was hurt badly cause of hiss reaction after he got knocked out. It was a little scary but mostly Entertaining.

The Main Event Penn Sherk was an alright fight. It was slow at the beginning and Sherk was just being reactive instead of Proactive. He always waited for Penn to throw something before he would attempt anything. They stopped the fight after the 3rd round cause Sherk was unable to continue. I though it was only a 3 round fight. I was unaware of the Title match and I thought it should have went on cause the round ended and Sherk could have continued.

All and all a great fight. I think I will be missed UFC 85 for a Bachelor party but I will be back for UFC 86 Rampage vs Forrest for SURE.

kester99
05-25-2008, 09:35 PM
June 1st...WEC...Urijah Faber or Jens Pulver?

pwee31
05-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Sherk was done when he decided to just throw punches with BJ. Didn't fight his style... deserved to lose in my opinion.

Silva's knockout on Jardine was nice, though I felt that would happen, but definitely not that quickly.

Tito had a right to be upset. Machida being "elusive" is a good game plan for him, but will not win over the fans in the long run. Wish Tito could've held on to that triangle at the end.

All in all it was a good card. I thought the fight of the night was one of the undercards where the guy knocked the guy's mouthpiece out about 45 seconds in! hahaha talk about a dagger.

The african assasain had a nice knock well.
I also thought that Cro Crop protege had a pretty good fight.

Good card really! Could really careless about the 85, nothing too exciting really. Hopefully Bisping and Rashaad win.

Really looking forward to Rampage and Forrest. My boy Kos is fighting that night too.. an Indy native unfortunately, but still pulling for Kos

Stryder
05-31-2008, 11:48 PM
I know it isn't UFC, but did anyone see Thompson's ear tonight, after Kimbo had him reeling? Nasty.

Twes
06-01-2008, 09:05 AM
I know it isn't UFC, but did anyone see Thompson's ear tonight, after Kimbo had him reeling? Nasty.

I was going to post the exact same thing.

Yes I did see it. Not something you see every day.

I kept expecting Kimbo Slice to reach out and yank his ear off.

I've seen a few ugly ears over the years, bitten, cauliflower etc, but I have NEVER seen an ear like that.

Jonathan
06-02-2008, 03:40 PM
June 1st...WEC...Urijah Faber or Jens Pulver?

Toress from East Chicago might be the best fighter in the state of Indiana.

Twes
06-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Toress from East Chicago might be the best fighter in the state of Indiana.

AGreed. I'm not sure I'm up on every fighter from Indiana but that guy was very impressive to me.

N8R
06-03-2008, 09:44 AM
After reading the ear posts I Youtubed the video to see what was up. Wow was the ever cool and gross.

Arcadian
06-03-2008, 09:48 AM
How many fighters are from Indiana? I can name Chris Lite, then Miguel, and then I'm done.

pwee31
06-03-2008, 11:25 AM
How many fighters are from Indiana? I can name Chris Lite, then Miguel, and then I'm done.

If I remember correctly, Jon Fitch... who fights GSP for the title is from Ft. Wayne, Indiana.

Jonathan
06-03-2008, 04:47 PM

Jake O'Brien.

pwee31
06-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Jake O'Brien.

Sucks the UFC gave him the boot

Jonathan
06-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Sucks the UFC gave him the boot

I live in his hometown and what happened is this: he had a contract w/ No Fear and the UFC did not honor the thing he was upset. I also heard he had a contract for so many fights and he lost to Andre Arvoloski and that voided his contract. i do not know who to believe!

Jonathan
06-05-2008, 10:50 AM
What are your thoughts on the fights This Weekend?

I think Matt Hughes is going to get beat by Alves. Hughes is older and has trouble with quicker opponents. Alves is a pit bull. This will set up a Alves vs GSP match down the road.

I am upset Chris Leban is not fighting Michael Bisping, I do not know much about Jason Day.

My prediction for Fight of the Night is Mike Swick vs Marcus Davis. Davis has been knocking out everybody in front of him and Mike Swick never dissappoints.

pwee31
06-06-2008, 01:27 AM
What are your thoughts on the fights This Weekend?

I think Matt Hughes is going to get beat by Alves. Hughes is older and has trouble with quicker opponents. Alves is a pit bull. This will set up a Alves vs GSP match down the road.

I am upset Chris Leban is not fighting Michael Bisping, I do not know much about Jason Day.

My prediction for Fight of the Night is Mike Swick vs Marcus Davis. Davis has been knocking out everybody in front of him and Mike Swick never dissappoints.

This card is sorta lackluster. i argee that Alves will probably beat Hughes. GSP of course will have to beat Fitch in a couple months, which won't be an easy battle

The other cards will be ok I guess. I'm guessing Bisping will win regardless since it's in London (I'll never forget how Matt Hamill was screwed there)
I kinda wish Leben was fighting as well. I don't like Leben, but at least I would've enjoyed him losing.

Davis and Swick should be pretty good. Vera will probably win too.

I'm just looking for to the ultimate fighter finale, and the rampage/forrest card in July

Jonathan
06-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Alves missed weight and has to give 10% of his purse to Hughes. Hughes agreed to fight him at 175. This helps Chris Lytle immensely. Alves beat Lytle due to cut. Lytle fights Koscheck in July. If he wins he will get his shot at GSP. If Koscheck wins will he get a rematch or have to fight Hughes?

Arcadian
06-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I'd put the Swick Davis winner one fight away from a title shot. Also I think Karo is really close as well. All three I'd put ahead of Lytle. I would rather see one of them over Kos who only win over an impressive fight was Sanchez and that fight wasn't great. Alves might still be the best option. The division isn't that Impressive. I think Hughes beats anyone not named GSP.

I'm also curious to see how Kampmann does. Before he got hurt he was an up and comer.

Jonathan
06-07-2008, 02:20 AM
I'd put the Swick Davis winner one fight away from a title shot. Also I think Karo is really close as well. All three I'd put ahead of Lytle. I would rather see one of them over Kos who only win over an impressive fight was Sanchez and that fight wasn't great. Alves might still be the best option. The division isn't that Impressive. I think Hughes beats anyone not named GSP.

I'm also curious to see how Kampmann does. Before he got hurt he was an up and comer.

The whole thing is this we have already seen a Hughes vs GSP. I was just speculating Alves is down on White, he missed weight. It will be very interesting to see who gets GSP.

pwee31
06-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Alves missed weight and has to give 10% of his purse to Hughes. Hughes agreed to fight him at 175. This helps Chris Lytle immensely. Alves beat Lytle due to cut. Lytle fights Koscheck in July. If he wins he will get his shot at GSP. If Koscheck wins will he get a rematch or have to fight Hughes?

I didn't know Alves missed weight... that sucks for him.

I think Koscheck will beat Lytle, as long as he fights his fight and doesn't try to swing with him. Koscheck also took GSP to a decision with 29-28 on the scorecard. It Kos would've taken GSP down that last round, the fight results would've been interesting. Kos will not fight Fitch because they're in the same camp, so Kos will either fight Hughes, Alves, or have a rematch with GSP if he wins.

jeffg-body
06-09-2008, 12:56 AM
After seeing Matt Hughes get dominated like that does that signal he's done? He talked about 1 more fight, the anticipated Matt Serra one, but is that smart calling out anyone with the BJJ skill that Serra has. I know Serra took one on the chin against GSP, but Hughes is no GSP anymore.

jeffg-body
06-09-2008, 12:57 AM
How about Bisping at 185? Does anyone think he has a chance against Anderson Silva? He is a huge 185.

Arcadian
06-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Silva took out Henderson. I don't think Bisping has a chance. I do think he makes a lot of interesting fights in the division though.

Hughes can still beat Serra.

I'd like to see Alves/Kos, Karo/Swick and Sanchez/Davis. Even if there aren't any fighters I think are title ready there are a lot of matches I'd like to see.

jeffg-body
06-10-2008, 06:30 PM
What about the upcoming Rampage vs Griffin match up. Rampage is just a plain beast and Forrest surprised me with his win over Shogun.

pwee31
06-11-2008, 12:15 AM
What about the upcoming Rampage vs Griffin match up. Rampage is just a plain beast and Forrest surprised me with his win over Shogun.

I think Rampage will win, but one thing about Forrest... is he seems to win the fights you think he'll lose, and then the fights you expect him to win, he loses.

The Shogun fight was a good example of him winning we I thought he would lose. And then the Jardine fight is like the complete opposite.

jeffg-body
06-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Did anyone watch the TUF show tonight? I had my daughter and cousin in watching the show with me (over Spongebob that was on their TV) and I had to ask them to leave the room during the time where Jesse got so hammered and acted like a drunken fool. I know that most normal households don't watch MMA with a family thing but my daughter has been interested in martial arts since she could stand and kick the small bag we got her. My nephew is new to the sport but is liking it.

My problem is that it shows poor role modeling when the fighters are doing things like excessive drinking or just trashing the house for no reason. I am trying to keep these 2 in a disciplined mode with respect for their trainer and his building/dojo.

Other than that, I thought the semi-final match was a good fight and it was too bad Tim couldn't really cinch in the submissions he threw out there. I also was so impressed with his chin because he took some viscious shots and didn't give up. Next week should be awesome as well with the Amir/CB Match-up. Also if that was Jesse kicking out the window of that Limmo at the end of the show tonight and Dana saying he was gone. How huge would that be?

An idea could be to have the two losers from the semis fight and the winner takes the suspended off guys place. I would like to see a CB/Amir winner vs Tim/CB Amir loser. Winner faces winner.

pwee31
06-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Did anyone watch the TUF show tonight? I had my daughter and cousin in watching the show with me (over Spongebob that was on their TV) and I had to ask them to leave the room during the time where Jesse got so hammered and acted like a drunken fool. I know that most normal households don't watch MMA with a family thing but my daughter has been interested in martial arts since she could stand and kick the small bag we got her. My nephew is new to the sport but is liking it.

My problem is that it shows poor role modeling when the fighters are doing things like excessive drinking or just trashing the house for no reason. I am trying to keep these 2 in a disciplined mode with respect for their trainer and his building/dojo.

Other than that, I thought the semi-final match was a good fight and it was too bad Tim couldn't really cinch in the submissions he threw out there. I also was so impressed with his chin because he took some viscious shots and didn't give up. Next week should be awesome as well with the Amir/CB Match-up. Also if that was Jesse kicking out the window of that Limmo at the end of the show tonight and Dana saying he was gone. How huge would that be?

An idea could be to have the two losers from the semis fight and the winner takes the suspended off guys place. I would like to see a CB/Amir winner vs Tim/CB Amir loser. Winner faces winner.

I understand being upset about the partying and tearing the house apart, but a lot of that is find to be entertaining for a good portion of the household that watch TUF. And truth be told, when you get a bunch of guys in a house for that long, and with a bunch of booze, those types of things are bound to happen.

I'm looking forward to the Ami/CB matchup as well. I've picked CB to win from the start. I've seen him wrestle, and I figured no one on the show would beat him unless he beat himself.

Yeah whomever the idiot is that gets kicks out the finals really blew it. One of the losers of the semi-matchups will definitely get another shot it appears

jeffg-body
06-13-2008, 11:34 PM
I have been anticipating a CB/Amir fight for some time. They both are beasts in their own way. CB is gonna be a force in the UFC one day and Amir may take a lot of people by storm. The kid has a good chin on his shoulders and is calm no matter what position he is in.

N8R
06-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah that last episode was crazy. I wonder who kicked out the window. Whomever did it really blew that chance. But for all we know it might be someone else on the undercard who did it and now wont get a chance to fight.

I think CB will win the show aswell. He just seems too good to lose. But Amir poses the best chance to take him out from what I have seen from him.

Cant wait for the finale night. I will have to tape it and watch it on the Sunday though as I will be at a party. Also cant wait for the Griffen Rampage fight. That is what I have been feending for since i heard they were the coaches.

I wonder who they will get to coach season 8? I find I really start following fighters more when I see them on this show. I just like seeing them as people as well instead of just fighters. I start rooting for the coaches more too.

jeffg-body
06-18-2008, 12:21 AM
My guess is that it will be Jesse who kicked the window out. That would really suck for him, but it would make a good fight card with tim vs amir/cb. I wouldn't mind seeing Amir winning against CB. I am an underdog kind of guy.

jeffg-body
06-19-2008, 01:22 AM
I'd have to say tonight's TUF was one of the best I have seen. Amir is pretty damned solid and CB is tough, but needs to improve that conditioning because he was gassed about midway through the 2nd round. Tim Croueder is one hell of a fighter and I hope he gets in with the UFC because he has the talent. It was good to see Dana enforce some codes of conduct with JT and giving him realistic consequences for his behavior.

JT already in the finals and just plain blew his shot. This is a guy who needs to stay completely away from alcohol.

An Amir/CB rematch kind of worries me just because it has been done once already. I hope it will be similar to the first fight where it goes close to the distance.

pwee31
06-19-2008, 11:08 AM
I'd have to say tonight's TUF was one of the best I have seen. Amir is pretty damned solid and CB is tough, but needs to improve that conditioning because he was gassed about midway through the 2nd round. Tim Croueder is one hell of a fighter and I hope he gets in with the UFC because he has the talent. It was good to see Dana enforce some codes of conduct with JT and giving him realistic consequences for his behavior.

JT already in the finals and just plain blew his shot. This is a guy who needs to stay completely away from alcohol.

An Amir/CB rematch kind of worries me just because it has been done once already. I hope it will be similar to the first fight where it goes close to the distance.

Agree 100% with CB's condition. Goes to show Mixed Martial Arts conditioning, is WAY more important and different then wrestling condition.

He really handled Amir up until that arm bar with 2 minutes or so left.

I knew Amir would probably beat him. The guy is just scrappy. I'm a CB fan, but Amir was the one guy I wouldn't have been upset about beating him... and of course he did.

Tim showed more then I thought he would. Definitely showed up to fight. Didn't show that in the fight vs. JT. Should be around for awhile.

Speaking of JT, Taylor blew it. I felt sorry for the guy afterwards, but he brought it upon himself. He really needs to put the booze down. If not for his career, then hopefully for his kid

jeffg-body
06-19-2008, 11:06 PM
I was very surprised how quickly Amir locked that arm down, especially how slippery they had to be. The rematch will be a good one. I hope CB comes in a bit more prepared with his conditioning this time and I expect him to do that now he will be training with his regular team. The fight card is a nice one too for the event, you normally don't get that quality for free.

N8R
06-21-2008, 01:14 AM
I was so glad that Amir beat CB. I dont know why but I just am. As soon as I saw it was a 90 Minute episode I knew the **** was going to hit the fan. And when it started with the first fight, nothing leading up to it.

CB was gassed early in the fight and everything slowed down. Amir can take a serious punch and elbows. That rematch is going to be GOOOOOD. But I want Amir to win

JT - what an idiot.

the Tim CB fight was good but it seemed like both of them were tired. Tim didnt seem to be fighting all that well, he let CB control that fight when Tim should have squashed him when CB lost his air.

jeffg-body
06-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Only got to see half of the fights but I really thought that Amir was going to be in more trouble this time, but CB just has bad form in preventing that arm bar and Amir is awesome in dropping submissions. I don't know exactly what it is with Amir, but he has the personality to be big time.

McFedrees absolutely handled Eastman, wow! Maybe he will start getting some upper level fights and eye for Anderson Silva.

I felt bad for Evan Tanner. He just didn't look like the Evan Tanner that I remember. Not taking away from Kendall Grove, but Tanner was gassed and I thought I would never see that. Maybe the time is now for him to hang them up.

N8R
06-23-2008, 12:33 AM
So glad Amir won and he did it the same way as the last time. How can CB not think he tapped. That was ridiculous. CB will have at least another fight in the UFC to see if he can prove himself. I thought he was better than what he showed against Amir but Amir exposed CB's weakness for getting caught.

Sanchez won again. Always like to see that and he rocked he oppenent. All the names are escaping me right now as I am very tired. It was a good finale and I am very muchly looking forward to watching UFC 86 Griffin vs Jackson.

jeffg-body
06-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I have to agree CB deserves another fight, but he's gotta get a lot sharper if he's gonna stick around. Up to the show he probably just overwhelmed his opponents with his strength. Now against the cream of the crop he is finding out technique wins fights and not just brute strength. I think a move to another camp would benefit him. Maybe Team Quest or Miletech where he can go against experienced UFC caliber guys daily.

N8R
06-25-2008, 04:00 AM
Yeah he needs to be training again top guys not just in a gym where he is one of the tops. He is strong and powerful but he needs to put his strength to good use. He has a lot of improving to do but I hope he is giving the chance

jeffg-body
06-28-2008, 01:39 AM
Now how about the upcoming Rampage vs Forrest fight. Not long ago I thought Forrest was a tier 2 fighter at best, but he has done nothing but dominate and he beat Shogun, which I thought was almost impossible. I like to watch Forrest fight because he doesn't fold easily under pressure and has a good chin.

Rampage is the biggest baddest beast in the UFC right now regardless of weight class, with Anderson Silva nipping at his heels. I like to watch a Rampage fight because you know its gonna hit the fan. I think Rampage wins, but Forrest shows he has the ability to win the fight as well.

N8R
06-28-2008, 10:09 AM
I am super excited about this upcoming fight. I have been waiting to see this for a while.

I dont know who will win but I just want to see a good solid fight.

jeffg-body
06-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Yes, that will be a great fight. I also am looking forward to seeing Big Nog and Frank Mir coaching the next TUF.

jeffg-body
07-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Well tonight is the night for the UFC fans. A lot of great fights on the fight card other than the Rampage vs Griffin. Anyone have a particular fight they would like to see?

I would like to see the Cote fight or Corey Hill fight myself.

N8R
07-06-2008, 09:56 AM
It was a solid night of UFC once again.

I did not see the Griffin Jackson fight going all 5 rounds. I thought for sure it would end early but the more I thought about it the more it made sense that it did go the distance. Neither fighter is too strong in submission and both fighters have very strong chins. I was glad to see the outcome of it.

07-06-2008, 02:40 PM
WOW, did you guys see Koscheck vs Lytle? Thats the bloodiest fight i have seen in a while! I mean, it looked like a freakin splatter movie...

And congrats to Griffin! Griffin is not really a skilled fighter tho... He always was and still is a mediocre fighter, he only wins beacause of his immortality. Even if he was a 5 year old kid in the UFC or pierced with a sword he would still not get knocked out and his fights would end by way of decision... simply because of his "immortality" (impossible to knock him out because of the punishment he can take, thanks to his armoured chin and his supercharged heart). Rampage rocked him like at least 5 times and 1 time he almost went to sleep and Griffin kept coming back from the dead like always and like always not being able to knock out or submit a more skilled fighter like Rampage... instead he does some small things just enough to win by way of a very close decision.

Im not saying Griffin didnt diserve it, i just hate seeing such a skilled fighter lose to a guy who is not at his level, but happens to be immortal... not fair! :P

I mean, did you guys know that Griffin once got his arm completely broken simply because he refused to tap out in a fight? He then proceeded to win that fight with only one arm....

Jonathan
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/mmaboxing/story/10890924

This was very fun for me
I took Miguel Torres in the first round upset

jeffg-body
07-13-2008, 11:07 PM
How about this free upcoming UFC fight card Saturday?

Jonathan
07-14-2008, 10:11 AM

We have two local boys fighting

Jake O'Brien

Johnny Rees

Johnny Rees probably won't be televised.

Afflication has a PPV!

Arcadian
07-14-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm excited that Andre is fighting again. I'm more curious to see how good Fedor still is than actually excited about him fighting Tim. A good match up though.

Jonathan
07-14-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm excited that Andre is fighting again. I'm more curious to see how good Fedor still is than actually excited about him fighting Tim. A good match up though.

Fedor and his brother are both fighting on this card.

Are you getting the PPV?

Jonathan
07-17-2008, 02:41 PM

They just added
CB Dolloway vs Jesse Taylor aka J T MONEY

I am going to DVR this and watch the Afflication PPV

Afflication has Fedor's brother Fighting on Fox Sports Net b/f the actual PPV

What do you people think of Rampage's Issues?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4824/report-quinton-jackson-picked-up-again-by-police.mma

I hope the best for the man. He is a father. Did the controversial lost to Forrest mess with his head? Will he ever be the same?

N8R
07-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Wow I didnt know that about Rampage. I need to see some video of that. Any links from youtube guys?

I am hoping to watch this Saturday fight. I think I will have to tape it though depending on weekend plans. But I am excited for it.

jeffg-body
07-18-2008, 10:45 AM
That is crazy about Rampage. I feel for the guy and hope he gets cleared to go back home. I work in a setting with people afflicted with mental illness and it is a rough road for people to deal with. Hopefully he will not do jail time for running from the cops and he can get healthy.

Jonathan
07-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I hope the best for Rampage. He is a father of three or four children. I do not think the tape will be on youtube b/c it is evidence in a pending case. His Truck has a huge image of him on the side. What could you do if he hit your car? Get out & whip his ***. I believe the next 205 lb champ will either be Anderson Silva or Wladmir Silvia.

Arcadian
07-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow I didnt know that about Rampage. I need to see some video of that. Any links from youtube guys?

http://mmamania.com/2008/07/16/quinton-rampage-jackson-arrest-video-and-other-odds-and-ends/#more-7379

Sadly Rampage had the look of Ron Artest in his eye during the first interview.

N8R
07-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Link didnt bring me to the actual video.

Jonathan
07-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Fedor looked great last night

Josh Barnett & Andre Arvolowski also.

I was at Fox & Hound on 82nd street and they had both the UFC & Afflication on at the same time. The crowd was not as packed as other UFC's I have been to.

N8R
07-20-2008, 12:53 PM
It was a free UFC on TV so I think a lot of people would just watch them at home rather than go out to watch.

It was a good UFC night from what i saw. I did miss everything minus the main event which didn't disappoint.

That SIlva punch to the face was so good and go messy. I wanted to see it over and over and over.

jeffg-body
07-20-2008, 11:00 PM
How about the Rory Marcum high kick that was heard around the world it hit so flush.

Also, Anderson Silva is just the best right now. I would like to see him against a heavyweight now.

I was somewhat disappointed at the Brandon Vera fight, but he said he had a difficult weight cut to get down to 205.

All in all it was a great fight card for free.

Taterhead
07-21-2008, 01:16 AM
How about the Rory Marcum high kick that was heard around the world it hit so flush.

Also, Anderson Silva is just the best right now. I would like to see him against a heavyweight now.

I was somewhat disappointed at the Brandon Vera fight, but he said he had a difficult weight cut to get down to 205.

All in all it was a great fight card for free.

That high kick was nasty, probably stole some bonus money from Silva.

On Vera, his last 3 fights have been really bad. Taking that year off really took his game down a notch or two.

How about this for a match-up........Silva vs. Fedor?

Fedor is only about 10 lbs. heavier, Silva cut down from 220, and is actually 2 inches taller. Talk about a dream fight, probably never happens, which pisses me off.

Either way I hope he stays at 205, fights with Liddell, Wanderlei, Shogun, Forrest, Machida, and maybe even Rampage is he gets his head on straight would be unreal.

N8R
07-21-2008, 04:07 AM
Those would all be great fights right there.

That high kick was unreal. Much to great for words.

Arcadian
07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
I saw that Anderson doesn't want to fight 205 mainly because he and Machida are training partners. Wanderlei/Anderson is the fight I want to see. There was talk (before Jardine) of Wanderlei moving down.

Jonathan
07-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Fedor would make short work of Anderson Silva. Tim Sylvia in his post fight interview questioned if Fedor was human. He knocked Sylvia out in 37 Seconds. Sylvia was a very dominant heavyweight in the UFC. Fedor is the best fighter in the world.

I agree A. Silva vs Wladmire would be the best thing for the UFC to do right now.

Taterhead
07-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Fedor would make short work of Anderson Silva. Tim Sylvia in his post fight interview questioned if Fedor was human. He knocked Sylvia out in 37 Seconds. Sylvia was a very dominant heavyweight in the UFC. Fedor is the best fighter in the world.

I agree A. Silva vs Wladmire would be the best thing for the UFC to do right now.

Eh, I doubt he'd, make quick work of Silva. Silva would have a reach advantage and the quickness to use it effectively. The contrast in styles would open Fedor up for Andersons precision punching accuracy. I think it would be a very interesting fight.

I expected Sylvia to get destoyed in that fight. He might have been dominant for small stretches in the UFC, but he has only beaten 1 top HW in his career, Andre Arlovski who has a glass chin, and he even lost to him once.His two best wins besides Andre are Jeff Monson who is a foot shorter than him and 50 lbs. lighter, and Assuerio Silva who is an average fighter at best.

Jonathan
07-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Silva is a good fighter but Fedor is the Tiger Woods of Mixed Martial Arts. He is so much stronger than Silva. You are talking about 185lb fighter fighting a career heavyweight. No Chance

Taterhead
07-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Silva is a good fighter but Fedor is the Tiger Woods of Mixed Martial Arts. He is so much stronger than Silva. You are talking about 185lb fighter fighting a career heavyweight. No Chance

Silva is 6'2" 220lbs on fight night, Fedor is 6'0" 230. And fighting is not just about strength. And I'm sure Anderson could put on an extra 10 lbs. in training considering he wouldn't have to cut weight for a HW fight.

I think Fedor would be the favorite no doubt. But saying Anderson doesn't have a chance because of an extra 10 lbs, discounting reach and quickness advantages is crazy talk, IMO. Did you ever watch the Pride open weight Grand Prix events?

jeffg-body
07-22-2008, 10:39 PM
I saw that Anderson doesn't want to fight 205 mainly because he and Machida are training partners. Wanderlei/Anderson is the fight I want to see. There was talk (before Jardine) of Wanderlei moving down.

I definitely agree that I would really like to see a Silva vs Wanderlei fight. Sylvia is so smooth and well rounded and Wanderlei is like a beast coming at you. Jardine would be a good fight if he could move down, but not nearly as an exciting fight to the casual fan. I can only imagine the fierce leg kicks applied in that fight.

denyfizle
07-22-2008, 11:14 PM
They should just change the name of UFC to Pride lol. All the fights that suck and I don't care to watch are when a UFC guy fights a UFC guy. lol. UFC sucks. Dana White sucks. Tell me they didn't conspire and give that decision handily to Forrest over Rampage. That was a split decision for Forrest at the very least. Fedor will kill everyone not named Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in the UFC.

denyfizle
07-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Watch Miguel Torres! Pound for Pound he's up there with Fedor and Anderson Silva. Torres is the WEC lightweight champ. If you haven't seen him and you love MMA, consider this message heaven sent. Donald Cerrone is a bad mofo too.

denyfizle
07-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Watch Miguel Torres! Pound for Pound he's up there with Fedor and Anderson Silva. Torres is the WEC lightweight champ. If you haven't seen him and you love MMA, consider this message heaven sent. Donald Cerrone is a bad mofo too.

And I forgot to mention, not that it really matters, but Torres claims Indiana as his home state. Maybe that will make some of you look.

Jonathan
07-23-2008, 01:03 PM

I have talked about Miguel Torres before. Cbs sportline line has ranked the best 64 fighters & I voted for him over Nogoriou in the first round. He list EAST CHICAGO as his hometown.

Taterhead
07-24-2008, 02:14 AM
They should just change the name of UFC to Pride lol. All the fights that suck and I don't care to watch are when a UFC guy fights a UFC guy. lol. UFC sucks. Dana White sucks. Tell me they didn't conspire and give that decision handily to Forrest over Rampage. That was a split decision for Forrest at the very least. Fedor will kill everyone not named Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in the UFC.

I disagree, Rampage even said he got his butt kicked in that fight. I don't know if Forrest beat him badly enough to warrant taking the title from the champ, but he definately beat him in that fight, IMO. I thought Forrest pushed the pace and overall controlled the action. All you have to do is look at the fight stats. He threw and landed 3x as many punches and had more takedowns and sub attempts as well.

I agree Fedor would dismantle the entire UFC heavyweight class. And he's actually beaten Noguiera in Pride 3 times (I think, atleast 2x for certain).

As far as the UFC sucks, that's ludicrous. I mean come on, you can't really think they put on bad shows, do you? Every UFC event I watch makes me want to get the next one even more. They have the best crop of fighters out there by far. So what if some of the best talent they have fought in Pride a few years ago? Pride is gone. And according to Rampage Jackson, they offered him bribes to throw fights, so I'm glad they are. Those guys are UFC fighters now, and most of them will be known for what they do there when there career is over. That being said there are a lot of fighters out there they need to go get, like Fedor, Barnett, Eddie Alvarez, Shinya Aoki, etc. But 80% of the top fighters are in the UFC, IMO. And you also have got to respect Dana for taking the UFC from bankruptcy to where it's at now, even if you don't like him personally. The guy knows what he's doing.

On Miguel Torres, I completely agree, I love watching him fight. The fight he just had not too long ago (I think on Pulver vs. Faber) was a great fight.

jeffg-body
07-25-2008, 12:35 PM
I have to agree with Taterhead here. At one time the UFC was far below Pride in talent, but this gap closed quickly once the UFC gained some respect and their ability to pay a descent fight purse. Look how some of the young talent is handling the former Pride superstars in the UFC right now and it makes you wonder if that gap was ever so big at all. The only weight class I could say that they had and would have still had was the heavyweight class, because of Fedor.

Jonathan
07-25-2008, 04:43 PM
CBS Fights Saturday

http://www.sportsline.com/mmaboxing/headtohead/cbs_exc_72608

I am a fan of Shields & Diaz

Robbie Lawler vs Smith should be another good fight

I am not going to knock the card b/c it is free and on a major network.

jeffg-body
07-29-2008, 10:10 PM
I just got a chance to see the BJ Penn vs Joe Stevenson fight and was awestruck about BJ's conditioning and aggressiveness. I also was very impressed with Joe Stevenson because he kept composure when most fighters would have found a way to quit getting a solid beatdown by giving up an arm or choke. That cut was super nasty and he continued to fight through it when most guys would get into a panic mode. Now I would like to see the winner of the Florian vs Huerta fight get that title shot.

Jonathan
07-30-2008, 10:22 AM
K Flow is impressive.
The only time I saw Huerto fight was against Clay Guida. That is a great Fight. You should view it if you have not seen the fight. It should be on UFC Fight Night.

jeffg-body
07-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Just saw the replay of the Liddell vs Silva fight from December. Definitely was the most exciting fight I have seen in a while. Liddell imposed his will on how they fought and Silva has a definite rock for a chin. Great fight for both camps. I almost wish this was a champions fight because we could have seen 2 more rounds.

Eindar
07-31-2008, 05:27 AM
I just got a chance to see the BJ Penn vs Joe Stevenson fight and was awestruck about BJ's conditioning and aggressiveness. I also was very impressed with Joe Stevenson because he kept composure when most fighters would have found a way to quit getting a solid beatdown by giving up an arm or choke. That cut was super nasty and he continued to fight through it when most guys would get into a panic mode. Now I would like to see the winner of the Florian vs Huerta fight get that title shot.

The only person that has ever beaten BJ Penn is BJ Penn. For the first time in his life, he's finally dedicated and motivated, putting in the right kind of work in terms of cardio and not carousing all night, and it clearly shows. I feel like there's nobody at Lightweight anywhere in the world that would really give him any trouble, and I think he beats GSP in a rematch. I feel like he's truly the best P4P fighter in the world, as long as he's training properly, with A. Silva in 2nd and Fedor in 3rd. Don't like his attitude much, but he's an amazing fighter.

Eindar
07-31-2008, 05:30 AM

It's very en vogue to bash Dana White. Funny that you pimp the WEC and Torres, when both are properties of Zuffa, which is run by...Dana White! :)

Having said that, Torres is a bad mofo! But I'm not sure I'm willing to claim Lake County as being in Indiana, lol

Taterhead
07-31-2008, 09:54 AM
K Flow is impressive.
The only time I saw Huerto fight was against Clay Guida. That is a great Fight. You should view it if you have not seen the fight. It should be on UFC Fight Night.

You should try and search around the net for Huerta vs Leonard Garcia. That was a hell of a fight also.

N8R
07-31-2008, 10:01 AM
I am saddened that I might be missing this event. I am usually at a bar called Wink's and I grab one of the promo posters after the fight and I have seen the poster for this one and it looks sick. St Pierre all the way.

Taterhead
07-31-2008, 10:04 AM
It's very en vogue to bash Dana White. Funny that you pimp the WEC and Torres, when both are properties of Zuffa, which is run by...Dana White! :)

Having said that, Torres is a bad mofo! But I'm not sure I'm willing to claim Lake County as being in Indiana, lol

I agree, I get sick of that stuff. If you a truly a fan of MMA how can you bash Dana White? He is solely responsible for companies like Elite XC and Affliction even having a market to sell fights in the US. He solely brought MMA back from the dead, that's a fact.

He will go down, by far, as the most important man in MMA history.

Taterhead
07-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Just saw the replay of the Liddell vs Silva fight from December. Definitely was the most exciting fight I have seen in a while. Liddell imposed his will on how they fought and Silva has a definite rock for a chin. Great fight for both camps. I almost wish this was a champions fight because we could have seen 2 more rounds.

I love Wanderlei. Did you see the behind the scenes footage from after the fight?

Wanderlei is so gracious and humble.

N8R
07-31-2008, 10:44 AM
I agree, I get sick of that stuff. If you a truly a fan of MMA how can you bash Dana White? He is solely responsible for companies like Elite XC and Affliction even having a market to sell fights in the US. He solely brought MMA back from the dead, that's a fact.

He will go down, by far, as the most important man in MMA history.

Very true. I dont understand the bashing of Dana White either. He is the reason that I started getting in UFC and watching the fights. My only regret is that I wish I would have gotten into it sooner.

Jonathan
07-31-2008, 01:12 PM
I think Wandelia will beat the crap out of Forrest.
It is b/c of the matchup!

jeffg-body
08-02-2008, 01:31 PM
How about the upcoming Rich Franklin vs Matt Hammill fight? I want to see myself if Hammill has continued to improve his game enough to face a guy like Franklin.

pwee31
08-03-2008, 06:18 PM
How about the upcoming Rich Franklin vs Matt Hammill fight? I want to see myself if Hammill has continued to improve his game enough to face a guy like Franklin.

I agree, i think it will be a good matchup. I just hope Hamil doesn't try to standup with Franklin like he has with past opponents. He's too good a wrestler to only standup.. needs to mix it in.

I think this next 2 PPV will be good ones.

Huerta vs. Florian might be the fight of the night Aug. 9th
I'm hoping Lesnar beats Herring b/c I can't stand the Texas crazy horse

For the main event... I really like George St. Pierre.. he's crazy good, but I feel Jon Fitch may give him all he can handle

Jonathan
08-03-2008, 07:26 PM
I do not know who has VS
But they will have some fights on tonight at 9:00 PM

Brian Stann
Condit
& 155lb who might fight Penn if he wins

jeffg-body
08-03-2008, 11:29 PM
I agree that the next two PPV's will be great. I am looking foreward to the Florian/Huerta matchup. JUst because they are so darn good at what they do. The GSP/Fitch match up is great also, but I think GSP takes Fitch, maybe in round 4 or 5. I would have to include GSP in the area of the best PFP fighter in the world.

pwee31
08-10-2008, 02:08 PM
I thought Florian looked pretty good against Huerta. His patient style countered Huerta perfeectly.

Brock Lesnar looked good as well, and that first punch at Herring was monsterous. If he continues to improve, he'll own the heavyweight division

GSP is just a beast. He's just too athlete. I'm not sure if he can take a punch though... that seems to be his only weakness

Fitch can take a real punch. I thought he was done a few times, but he kept fighting bakc, GSP was just too much for him though

I really could careless if there's a GSP vs. Penn fight. I still think Koscheck is the better fighter. Yeah GSP beat him, but I think a rematch would go Koscheck's way.

Anyway it was a pretty good card. A few knockouts in the early fights and the 3 main bouts went the distance

Looking forward to the next one as well

N8R
08-11-2008, 02:07 AM
That was another great UFC showing. By the time I realized it was on it was 11:30PM so I saw the tail end of the Congo fight then I saw the Lesner and the GSP fight.

SOme nice highlights in all of them. Very glad GSP won and I too thought he had Finch a few times with some of those shots. Finch can most certainly take a punch.

Lesner's opening punch was ridiculous. The slow motion on that one was funny and awesome.

jeffg-body
08-14-2008, 11:35 PM
GSP was awesome in the fight and just awes me that he makes weight at 170 ripped like he is. He just looks huge for a 170er. Fitch impressed me with the shots he took and kept coming. I'd honestly like to see a rematch maybe a year down the road, aka hughes/GSP.

On another hand I have been waiting to see when that Serra/hughes fight is ever gonna happen. I would like to be there for the build up fpr that one. I honestly seeing Serra taking that one. Hughes has looked pretty bad in his last few fights and is hinting that he only has onr fight left. That is usually not a good sign when a fighter says that. I see Serra choking him out, unless Hughes developes that spinning back fist that seems to hawk to Serra's jaw.

Jonathan
08-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Ken Shamrock will fight Kimbo Slice on Elite XC Oct 4th.

I am taking him to win via submission.

pwee31
08-26-2008, 02:00 PM

I'm not sure. Though Kimbo didn't impress me at all during the fight last fight. Shamrock's last few showings have been just brutal.

I'm looking forward to the next UFC PPV though. I'll be pulling for the TUF underdogs in Rashaad and Hamill over Liddell and Franklin. I believe Dan Henderson is on the card as well, which is an added bonus

Jonathan
08-26-2008, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=pwee31;775941]I'm not sure. Though Kimbo didn't impress me at all during the fight last fight. Shamrock's last few showings have been just brutal.

Shamrock is a shell of his former self. Kimbo has really heavy hands. I rooting for Ken and hoping he wins. Ken is an orginal fighter, Kimbo is a gimmick. Ken should take him to the ground and win.

jeffg-body
08-26-2008, 10:50 PM

I can't agree more with you here Jonathan. I see Shamrock winning by submission. He has absolutely nasty heel hooks and knee bars. He might not be the same fighter standing up, but if he gets Kimbo down to the mat, it should be over pretty quickly.

N8R
08-26-2008, 11:58 PM
What channel or station is that? Or is it PPV? Cause that is a fight I would like to see.

Since86
08-27-2008, 12:28 PM
I believe that is on the Sat. night fights on CBS.

Jonathan
08-27-2008, 01:43 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Aro16uNBtEtsjmkrqJbHiL89Eo14?slug=dm-mmanotes082508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Here is the link it is on OCT 4th

This could be Elite XC last Card ever b/c of finances.

N8R
08-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Thank you for the link. I will try to remember to watch this fight.

Jonathan
09-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Brock Lesner is going to fight Randy Coutere. What was interesting is I found this out on the Sports Ticker on ESPN NEWS last night. MMA is becoming more mainstream makes me think they might have a deal with ESPN in the works.

pwee31
09-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Chuck Liddell got ROCKED!!

that is all

MrSparko
09-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Why does he still fight?

Jonathan
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Chuck got caught
Evans vs Anderson Silva next fight?

pwee31
09-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Chuck got caught
Evans vs Anderson Silva next fight?

No, Evans will probably fight Griffin for the belt, or maybe Rampage or Vanderlei to see who gets the shot at Forrest

Anderson Silva fights Cote next month

MarionDeputy
09-08-2008, 01:21 PM
No, Evans will probably fight Griffin for the belt, or maybe Rampage or Vanderlei to see who gets the shot at Forrest

Anderson Silva fights Cote next month

I bet your right, I'm thinking Evans has to fight Rampage before he gets a shot at Griffin.....

Arcadian
09-08-2008, 03:13 PM
White said Evans was getting a title shot.

N8R
09-09-2008, 12:36 AM
That was a good UFC. I downloaded the events and watched some of the fights, but all of the finishes.

Chuck got caught but he was so close with the upper cut. I almost saw my first double knock out.

Franklin had one mean chest kick for Hammil. Seems like Franklin can beat anyone but Silva.

Cant wait for UFC90. I like how 89 and 90 are only a week apart.

Jonathan
09-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Evan Tanner passed away at 37

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Ag5ez4_VxzHnTEKoVmCNhX85nYcB?slug=ys-mmaweektanner090808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Rashad vs Forrest for the Title as well

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=At.7MNOPRYqP4EAVcURnV3xZEo14?slug=mmajun kie-Rashad_Evans_granted_title_shot&prov=mmajunkie&type=lgns

Fireball Kid
09-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Rashad will defeat Forrest by decision. And i'm still awaiting for Mauricio Shogun to make his return.

pwee31
09-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Rashad will defeat Forrest by decision. And i'm still awaiting for Mauricio Shogun to make his return.

I agree Rashaad will beat Forrest.

I believe Shogun is due back November or December

pwee31
09-19-2008, 11:02 PM
I hear Rampage is set to return in November on the Couture/Lesnar card to fight Wanderlei Silva.

That card should be fun. Florian/Joe Daddy are on the card, and I believe Amir will make his 1st appearance since beating CB in the show finale.

Jonathan
09-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Has anyone been watching the newest season of the Ultimate Fighter? Nogaria vs Mir.

jeffg-body
09-26-2008, 10:58 PM
The new ultimate fighter with Mir and Nog seems to be on par with the others. I hope it keeps up it's momentum and the 205ers seem to be a tough road to travel for that contract. It will be fun to watch. I personally can't wait to see the upcoming Florian vs Joe Daddy coming up.

Jonathan
09-28-2008, 08:49 AM
I really hate the blonde 155lb cocky dude. I really hope the guy who fainted in the first episode kicks his ***.

I am hoping that the 44 year old Ken Shamrock will beat Kimbo Slice Next Saturday. I dislike Kimbo. I hope Ken Shamrock just stars out the fight and lays straight down on his back. Kimbo has zero submission game.

Moses
09-30-2008, 10:27 PM
I really hate the blonde 155lb cocky dude. I really hope the guy who fainted in the first episode kicks his ***.

I am hoping that the 44 year old Ken Shamrock will beat Kimbo Slice Next Saturday. I dislike Kimbo. I hope Ken Shamrock just stars out the fight and lays straight down on his back. Kimbo has zero submission game.
I wish they would put Kimbo up against a real MMA fighter. (Shamrock is wayyyyy past his prime) He would get destroyed. Better yet, lets get Fedor Emelianenko against Kimbo. Would be a massacre.

Jonathan
10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I read somewhere on yahoo that Afflication and Elite XC might merge. That would be great if Fedor got to fight Kimbo Slice, but very unlikely right away.

Arcadian
10-01-2008, 09:14 PM
I'd love for Kimbo to fight a mildly talented fighter so that when he loses we can be done with him.

jeffg-body
10-02-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm not a big Kimbo fan myself. A Fedor fight would just be like leading a lamb to be slaughtered. Kimbo would be Ko'd or submitted by the end of the first round.

How about the fight tonight on the TUF. That knockout punch was nasty. I do not like the little cocky blonde guy as well. It makes the sport look bad when they allow guys like him ruin the meaning of the show by getting trashed all of the time and act like an *** to the other guys.

Jonathan
10-02-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm not a big Kimbo fan myself. A Fedor fight would just be like leading a lamb to be slaughtered. Kimbo would be Ko'd or submitted by the end of the first round.

How about the fight tonight on the TUF. That knockout punch was nasty. I do not like the little cocky blonde guy as well. It makes the sport look bad when they allow guys like him ruin the meaning of the show by getting trashed all of the time and act like an *** to the other guys.

That guy was a two time all american at Arizona State. Tank Abbott said it many years ago wrestling is the prerequistite to fighting. That was a good prank pulled. I hope Junie Carter gets kicked off the show. I do not know why the UFC is providing free alcohol to all the participants this season.

Arcadian
10-04-2008, 11:58 PM
I'd love for Kimbo to fight a mildly talented fighter so that when he loses we can be done with him.

:whistle:

MrSparko
10-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Sooo...how 'bout that Kimbo?

clownskull
10-06-2008, 12:36 PM
i saw the kimbo fight on a youtube replay. the dude was exposed for the fraud that he is. put him up against a decent quality fighter and he will get whupped even worse than he did there.
he might get another shot against some other guys because of his fanbase but, he isn't a real contender. fighting some bums in backyards and alley's may make him look tough on youtube but, a real fighter will do a number on him.

Jonathan
10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I feel that only the casual MMA fans thought Kimbo was tough. I have said it before and I will say it again. If a promoter was smart he would put Kimbo vs Mike Tyson in a boxing match and charge 19.99 on PPV for the fight with a decent undercard and bank.

jeffg-body
10-09-2008, 12:05 AM
While watching the TUF tonight I was even more amazed that even though there are a select few guys that are always drunk and doing stupid s*** they still provide them with a huge stock of liquor. That is the last thing these guys need, especially when most of them will be cutting weight before their fights.

I have grown to dislike Junnie even more this week with his overall bad attitude and lack of self control. I was hoping they would have sent him home because he is becoming a liability to his team. I know the guy has talent like none of the other 155ers there, but he is a head case. This guy needs some serious counseling for anger management.

ilive4sports
10-09-2008, 12:34 AM
NCAA Wrestling Champion Phil Davis (PSU Grad) has turned into a professional MMA fighter. He has been training in ju-jitsu. On Oct. 11th he will debut against Bret Chism.

I never was really into MMA, but it has been growing on me. I'm really going to follow Phil Davis, hopefully he will do well.

N8R
10-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Yeah the Junnie guy makes me mad. I thought he was out of the house for sure and I was happy about it. Now I am not all the knowledgeable about fighters and styles and whatnot but I do know a jackass when I see one.

Chuck Liddell is coming to London for the UFC 89 fight next weekend. He is going to one of the bars here to sign autographs and host the event I guess. I am trying to get into it. Would be cool to meet the Iceman

Jonathan
10-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah the Junnie guy makes me mad. I thought he was out of the house for sure and I was happy about it. Now I am not all the knowledgeable about fighters and styles and whatnot but I do know a jackass when I see one.

Chuck Liddell is coming to London for the UFC 89 fight next weekend. He is going to one of the bars here to sign autographs and host the event I guess. I am trying to get into it. Would be cool to meet the Iceman

You a Bisping Fan? I like the matchup of him and Leban.

jeffg-body
10-14-2008, 02:22 AM
I really am looking forward to seeing the Bisping vs Leben match up. You have the well rounded MMA guy in Bisping and the wild heavy handed striker in Leben. This is a fight where anything can happen. I like to watch both guys fight, but I see Bisping winning by decision if this thing goes the distance, especially with where the fight is taking place. Either way it should be an entertaining match up.

N8R
10-14-2008, 03:58 AM
I am looking forward to the match as well, now I just hope I get to see it. I do not think I will be meeting the Iceman as the bar we are going too apparently is no where near my style, I would still go but trying to get together a group will be too hard, hopefully I will be able to see it either at home or at another bar.

jeffg-body
10-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Today is the big day for the Bisping/Leben card. Has anyone registered on the UFC fantasy league? I saw it on their website, but it wouldn't pull up for me.

jeffg-body
10-19-2008, 08:16 PM
The UFC fight card was good as usual. The only fight that disappointed me was the Sokodju fight. He gassed totally after the first round and ended up eating quite a bit of leather before crumbling under the pressure. The Lytle fight was a bit confusing that he was content to stand and throw with the Brit who gave him a run for his money. I thoguth for sure he would have went for the takedown more often. As ugly as it looks, I really like watching Jardine fight. I thought for sure his knee was toast after the low front kick that buckled it. Guys a warrior and he took it to Vera. The 205 weight class is tough. Bisping and Leben was about what I expected. Bisping peppered Leben with shots and then backed out of the pocket before Leben had a chance to throw those looping bombs. Leben's has a chin of concrete, he got hit with some good shots to the chin that usually puts people to sleep. Bisping is tough and hopefully we will see him fight some of the top contenders soon to see if he is ready for a shot at Silva, but I don't see anyone truly ready for a shot at Silva in the 185 class. Guy is the best PFP fighter in the world right now. Anyway, I want to say it was a good showing all around for the UFC and I can't wait to see the TUF finish out and the finale in December.

pwee31
10-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Koscheck is replacing Sanchez to fight Thiago Alves!

I can't wait for that matchup

Jonathan
10-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I am a huge fan of Koscheck if he does not get by Thigo he should fight Chris Leban. That would be a huge grudge match. If he does get by Thigo he has to get another title shot against GSP.

pwee31
10-21-2008, 10:45 AM
I am a huge fan of Koscheck if he does not get by Thigo he should fight Chris Leban. That would be a huge grudge match. If he does get by Thigo he has to get another title shot against GSP.

Leben and Kos are in 2 different weight classes now, and I doubt Leben moves down and Kos will not move up.

I'm a big Kos fan as well, and he was actually scheduled to be the main event for the UFC Fight for the Troops in December before he took the fight with Alves

You would think he's be in line for a rematch with GSP if he beat Alves BUT Kos has asked to remain on the card for the Fight for the Troops as well, so if he beats Alves without injury, he'll be fighting again Dec 10th versus Yoshida.

If he wins both of those bouts, he's all but guarenteed a rematch with GSP

Jonathan
10-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I think Patrick Cote has a very good chance of knocking out Silva Saturday Night. Watch his fight against Kendall Grove. They will both be standing toe to toe and Silva might get knocked out. Yes Silva is a better fighter but anything can happen in MMA. It would be best for Silva to get in him in the thai clinch but if they go toe to toe look for Cote to get the better of him.

I am taking Alves to beat Koscheck, Thigo is just too strong. Koscheck will be best to use his wrestling advantage.

They also have three good fights scheduled

Josh Burkman vs Pet Sell .will be very explosive. I really like Josh Burkman.

Hermes Franc vs Aurelio I really enjoy watch Franca fight. He is fun, high energy, and has great submissions.

Sean Shrek vs Tyson Griffin. (fight of the night)
Shrek can bang but Griffen and Clay Guideo had one of the greatest UFC fights ever.

jeffg-body
10-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Did anyone see the pay per view Saturday night? I read that Cote had a bad knee injury and was wondering if it looked as bad as it sounded?

pwee31
10-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Did anyone see the pay per view Saturday night? I read that Cote had a bad knee injury and was wondering if it looked as bad as it sounded?

I thought it looked bad, but it was still hard to see. Even during the replays, unless you knew what to look for and where, it was hard to see

N8R
10-27-2008, 01:10 AM
I saw it but it didnt look all that bad. Poor way to end the night.

travmil
10-27-2008, 01:27 AM
I thought it looked pretty bad. He hopped up on it to start a kick and immediately stopped and fell backward. On the replays you could see his knee bulge out to the side a bit, almost like his kneecap shifted over there. The crowd was booing but it was definitely legit. You can't fake a reaction like he had.

N8R
10-27-2008, 01:41 AM
It was certainly legit, I give him that, but just a crappy way to end what was a good fight although I felt like Silva was backing off a lot. I thought he could have had that fight over in round one if he wanted it to be over.

Jonathan
11-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I am on the Junie bandwagon. I loved what he did last night. I believe he will meet Felipe in the Finals and lose.

jeffg-body
11-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I have to admit, the not drunk Junie is starting to interest me. Kid has a ton of talent and if he could keep his head on straight he be tough in that 155 class. What about all of that messing with the food and stealing each others food. I thought the urine joke was pretty good, but the semen joke went a bit too far for me. :dance:

(dancing bannana by my daughter)

N8R
11-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Yeah it is getting over the top. Whenever you one up someone they have to come back at you. It is best to have a truce and just leave it alone.

Jonathan
11-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Lesner vs Randy

I am taking Randy. The guy is forty plus and a stud. Lesner is bigger/stronger/faster but the veteran will get if/when he makes a mistake.

K Flo vs Joe Stevenson

I am taking K Flo to win. I just feel he is a great fighter and would love to see him match up against BJ Penn. I have already seen Joe vs BJ and am more interested in a K Flo vs Penn match.

jeffg-body
11-14-2008, 05:30 PM
I gotta take Randy too. I think Lesnar will tryo to come out like a bull and charge. Randy is way too experienced and well rounded to let that kind of tactic work. We may fall down like Mir did, but if Lesnar isn't careful he will get careless and get submitted or get put to sleep.

Moses
11-14-2008, 05:50 PM
I gotta take Randy too. I think Lesnar will tryo to come out like a bull and charge. Randy is way too experienced and well rounded to let that kind of tactic work. We may fall down like Mir did, but if Lesnar isn't careful he will get careless and get submitted or get put to sleep.
I am thinking the same thing. Unless Randy gets caught on the chin, I expect Couture to submit Lesnar.

One fight that I really want to see is Fedor vs Couture. I don't normally buy the UFC PPVs but I would definitely buy this.

pwee31
11-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I guess the Amir fight has been scratched from the PPV due to a leg infection.

I was kind of hoping to see how he does in his first fight since the Finale.

I also Like Ken Flo to beat Joe Daddy.

I expect Lesnar to beat Couture though. I don't know why, but I just have that feeling

jeffg-body
11-17-2008, 01:09 AM
A lot of good fighting on this past weekend. I did feel bad for Couture because he was doing pretty well until the big shot. Lesnar is just a beast though. I can't wait to see who pulls off the win in the Nog vs Mir fight and see that man fight Lesnar. If Mir wins it could be billed as the rematch of his loss. I was very impressed with Ken Flo and have been impressed a while. He looked so focused. If they had an award for most improved fighter I would have to say he would need to be considered.

Has anyone heard if there is going to be a Matt Serra vs Matt Hughes fight in the future? I was hoping to see this one come to light soon with all of the bad blood between these two guys.

Jonathan
11-20-2008, 02:34 PM
WOW

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AkAHdmpP6ay_WZr_UqIFpcU5nYcB?slug=ki-ufcakafeud111908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I really like Fitch, UFC cutting ties with Koscheck, & Cain beat O'Brien. I do not know what to think. Dana worked that organization from the ground up but is he Tony George & the whole IRL vs Cart.

pwee31
11-21-2008, 11:47 AM
WOW

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AkAHdmpP6ay_WZr_UqIFpcU5nYcB?slug=ki-ufcakafeud111908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I really like Fitch, UFC cutting ties with Koscheck, & Cain beat O'Brien. I do not know what to think. Dana worked that organization from the ground up but is he Tony George & the whole IRL vs Cart.

They actually reached an agreement. I saw it on yahoo sports today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=As3Y4E_s6nQEL_yOAIrt9Ao9Eo14?slug=dm-mmanotes112008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

jeffg-body
11-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Check out the 12/27 UFC fight card. It has a ton of great matchups and 2 title fights. I am definitely watching this one.

pwee31
11-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah I saw that card a month or so ago, and I was just like... Oh yeah. Definitely a must see

Jonathan
11-30-2008, 03:12 PM
My family is having an X mas that day. I told my aunt to order the PPV or else I will not be going. Yeah, I know it a jerk move but that is too good of a card for me to pass up.

jeffg-body
12-01-2008, 12:01 AM
I did a similar thing with Christmas at the families house. A few of us guys will be leaving early to go see the event at BW3. There is just too many great matchups to miss.

jeffg-body
12-04-2008, 01:45 AM
I was kind of glad to see JUnie get his just deserved *** whooping. I only wished it would have come by knock out instead of a submission he gave away. The guy never listened to a word that his corner said and did not listen to his coaches one bit. Then he gives this little boo hoo speech outside that he's quitting, that may be a good thing for the sport. I thought Mir was going to choke him.

On another thought, I laughed my a$$ off when Mir got his head shaved. Now I can't wait to see the finale. It should be a good show. I am interested to see who they pair up in the undercard fights.

Jonathan
12-04-2008, 05:14 PM
I was kind of glad to see JUnie get his just deserved *** whooping. I only wished it would have come by knock out instead of a submission he gave away. The guy never listened to a word that his corner said and did not listen to his coaches one bit. Then he gives this little boo hoo speech outside that he's quitting, that may be a good thing for the sport. I thought Mir was going to choke him.

On another thought, I laughed my a$$ off when Mir got his head shaved. Now I can't wait to see the finale. It should be a good show. I am interested to see who they pair up in the undercard fights.

Junie did give a funny post fight interview. I did laugh when he mentioned Flipping Burgers. He will be back his brother's are MMA Fighters. I think he should fight John (Hugging Machine) on the undercard.

jeffg-body
12-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I have to agree that John and Junie would be a good match-up, especially if Junie gets his cardio issues worked out. God he'd be such a tough match-up if he could get his head on straight. I do have to say that maybe now being out of the house and training at home would get Junie focused and away from controversy. I know if I lived with that many guys with nothing to do in our spare time would drive me a bit crazy.

jeffg-body
12-11-2008, 08:48 AM
How about some of the fights last night. Swick made quick work of Goulet, I almost missed it when I went to get a drink. Kos gets better and better, he thinks he is a striker now. It had all of the elements of MMA. we had some submissions (including one nasty arm bar), some ground n pound, and a few ko's. I can't wait until Saturday.

Jonathan
12-11-2008, 03:29 PM
That arm bar in slow motion will be re aired again and again on Spike.

pwee31
12-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah Kos beat Yoshida badly.

What was worse was the Corey Hill fight, it wasn't aired, but I watched it on ufc.com. He broke his leg in the 2nd round throwing a kick. It was gross, and very unfortunate

Jonathan
12-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Junie is fighting Dan Kaplan.

jeffg-body
12-13-2008, 12:14 AM
I have to say that Junie should win that fight hands down. I am not a Kaplan fan.

jeffg-body
12-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Tonights TUF finales went a bit different than I expected. I figured Junie would take Kaplan, but not that easily. I was surprised to see Jason Macdonald get manhandled the way he did so easily. I didn't see the injury to Shane Primm's shoulder, but it sounded like Krystoff popped it out? The Vinnie vs Bader match up was a bit of a dissappointment, with the exception of the knock out punch that didn't look all that flush. The lightweight finals went as expected for me with Felippe getting tossed around for 15 minutes. I have to give him credit that he has a good chin and almost pulled of a sick submission. Nice night of fights, now I can't wait until the 27th card to come up.

Jonathan
12-15-2008, 01:00 PM
youtube the corey hill fight & start watching around the seven minute mark. It is interesting!!

jeffg-body
12-16-2008, 12:14 AM
OMG that was sick! They said it is gonna be like an 18 moth rehab before we see Corey again. That is too bad. He is such a monster physically for a 155er. I have been trying to get my nephew interested because he has the perfect body for a 155er seeing he is 6'5" and walks around at 165. The kid is shredded and likes boxing.
:-o

jeffg-body
12-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Anyone out there think Ken Flo deserves another shot at the 155 lb champoinship? Kid does nothing but beat people over and over. I'd like to see him get a shot again now that he has altered his training and his fitness regimen.

jeffg-body
12-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Well tonight is the night of the huge fight card. The two title fights are gonna be great, but I can't wait to see the Rampage/V.Sliva fight. There is just a ton of bad blood between the two and it should be a great fight. Maybe even stealing fight of the night. :dance:

jeffg-body
01-01-2009, 01:51 AM
Did anyone see the violent knockout that Wanderlie Silve suffered at the hands of Rampage Jackson?

quinnthology
01-02-2009, 12:45 AM
That was a crazy KO. It was a cool way to get Wandy back, but either way, he's (Wandy) a washed-up fighter who couldn't even beat Chuck. I don't support Rampage getting a title shot, mainly because I think Machida is wayyy overdue. But Page v. Shad should be fun.

jeffg-body
01-02-2009, 01:20 AM
I definitely would like to see a Rampage vs Machida match up with the winner getting a shot at Rashad.

Jonathan
01-05-2009, 03:29 PM
The UFC next PPV 1/17/2009 looks a little lackluster.

jeffg-body
01-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I didn't see much excitement in there as well for the next PPV. I would have to be hard to top the last one.

jeffg-body
01-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Today is the day of the Hendo/Franklin PPV. Is anyone out there excited about the possible match-ups in this event? I am kind of blah on the whole card and have decided to just stay home and get the results later.

:sleep:

Pacersfan46
01-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Holy crap it was TERRIBLE. Shogun is horrific, and Coleman was even more horrific. That was the WORST FIGHT I'VE EVER SEEN.

I ... personally .... and SERIOUSLY think I could have knocked Coleman out in the 2nd round. Shogun couldn't. It was pathetic. PATHETIC.

Henderson and Franklin was all right. Other than that it was a night of .... ugh. Makes me want to vomit. Holy ... it was just terrible.

Oh, Lytle and Davis was pretty good.

If you'd like to gouge your eyes out with a spoon, here's the Shogun v Coleman fight here ....

http://www.mmascraps.com/

-- Steve --

jeffg-body
01-19-2009, 11:58 PM
I am glad not to have picked this one up on PPV. Maybe the next fight card will be better. Has anyone heard about the next TUF series?:dunce:

Jonathan
01-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Afflication is having a PPV this weekend with a great card. Here it is

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Fedor Emelianenko (28-1) vs. Andrei Arlovski (14-5)
Josh Barnett (23-5) vs. Gilbert Yvel (35-12-1)
Vitor Belfort (17-8) vs. Matt Lindland (21-5)
Renato "Babalu" Sobral (31-7) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (5-3)
Chris Horodecki (12-1) vs. Dan Lauzon (11-2)
Paul Buentello (26-10) vs. Kiril Sidelnikov (5-2)

PRELIMINARY CARD (HDNet)

Vladamir Matyushenko (21-3) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (15-3)
Jay Hieron (16-4) vs. Jason High (6-0)
L.C. Davis (12-1) vs. Mark Hominick (16-8)
Antonio Duarte (11-1) vs. Albert Rios (10-3)
Patrick Speight (7-1) vs. Brett Cooper (7-4)

I like the fact Afflication shows the Prelimanary Card on HD Net then the PPV.

jeffg-body
01-22-2009, 09:45 PM
I gotta get that affliction PPV. One nice fight card. Do they show all of the fights? I have never gotten a PPV other than UFC.:dance:

Jonathan
01-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Jeff I do not know who does your cable or satelitte. I went to the first Afflication PPV @ Fox N Hound (near the mall on the north side) They did not have the prelims but they did have the main event. I think if you order at your home and have HDNET Channel (owned by mark cuban) you can watch those fights then switch over to your PPV Channell when the time calls. Call and ask.

jeffg-body
01-26-2009, 12:32 AM
We have comcast cable right now. I had so much trouble trying to get the PPV that I just decided to wait and read the highlights.

Jonathan
02-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Just a reminder that the UFC has a free fight card on Saturday night on spike television.

jeffg-body
02-09-2009, 12:40 PM
I'd have to say it was a descent event, not the greatest but good for non PPV. :cool:

jeffg-body
02-19-2009, 01:44 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on Diego Sanchez as a 155er? That is a big weight cut for a guy who walks around at the 180's before he cuts for the 170 lb class. It will be interesting to see if that takes too much out of him, especially fighting a guy like Joe Daddy who is pretty darned explosive as well.

Jonathan
02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on Diego Sanchez as a 155er? That is a big weight cut for a guy who walks around at the 180's before he cuts for the 170 lb class. It will be interesting to see if that takes too much out of him, especially fighting a guy like Joe Daddy who is pretty darned explosive as well.

I am not a fan of either fighter. I am excited to watch Kos fight against an undefeated Brit. Keep in mind Diego is not a top tier 170lb fighter. I would not mind to see a Diego vs Marcus Davis or Chris Lytle fight.

jeffg-body
02-19-2009, 09:15 PM
I have to agree that Deigo is not a top tier 170er but I am interested in him at 155 if he can stay as explosive. I really would like a Diego vs Florian rematch at 155 now with the improvement to Kenny's skill set and training methods.

Jonathan
02-20-2009, 12:00 PM
I have to agree that Deigo is not a top tier 170er but I am interested in him at 155 if he can stay as explosive. I really would like a Diego vs Florian rematch at 155 now with the improvement to Kenny's skill set and training methods.

155 Is very Interesting NoW:

I believe K FLO earned his shot @ BJ Penn. They should fight. It depends on who wins. If K FLO loses than go after Diego @ 155 but if K FLO does win then Diego does not deserve a title shot w/ just one fight @ 155. But if Diego manages to beat Joe Stevenson he might just get a title shot. Wow That is a big match on Saturday.

jeffg-body
02-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah, the 155ers have turned into my favorite weight class. Florian is a beast there, BJ Penn is unreal if he can keep his conditioning up, Sherk is tough and new guys like Lauzon and Junie Browning make this an interesting weight class. Too bad Corey Hill got hurt. Tomorrow will be good. Sorry for all of the dancing icons, the daughter loves them.

:dance::pepper::carrot::pineapple:mango::cucumber: :rock::dorange::apple:

Jonathan
02-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Kos got dropped WOW. Nate Marquedt is a a beast, I hope he ends the love fest known as Spide Silva.

jeffg-body
02-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Kos got dropped WOW. Nate Marquedt is a a beast, I hope he ends the love fest known as Spide Silva.

You beat me to it tonight. That Kos KO was phenominal. I bet it put a hell of a smile on Leben's face. I don't think it was quite asgood as Rampage KO on Wanderlie. Nate looked really sharp as well. Hopefully he'll get that title shot and I believe that one will be closer than people will think.

:buddies:

jeffg-body
03-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Tonights the UFC PPV, anyone out there have anything to say about it?

pwee31
03-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Tonights the UFC PPV, anyone out there have anything to say about it?

There were plenty of knockouts.

That Hamil kick was ridiculous

The Matt Brown fight was weird and should've been called earlier in the fight

Greg Maynard = beast

Carwin has power, but I think that punch was a little lucky. I could careless about who won that fight though

Rampage and Rashad = :happydanc

Hope Frank Mir gets healthy by July, b/c I don't want an excuse when Lesnar pounds him

jeffg-body
03-09-2009, 01:47 AM
6 months ago if anyone said that Matt Hammill was going to KO someone with a high kick they would have been laughed out of the building. The kid is improving his game by leaps and bounds. Wow!:-o

jeffg-body
04-02-2009, 12:25 AM
How about the fights tonight and the opening of the next TUF team version. I was disappointed with Junie Browning. I thought he would have put up a better fight and Cole just took it to him. That wicked leg lock on Griffin had me a bit squeamish, but it appears to have not left any lasting damaged. I also though Carlos Condit was robbed in his match. I had him winning both the 1st and 2nd rounds and Kampmann winning the third. If he would have had another 30 seconds he may have choked him out with the guilotine choke. I was pleasently surprised with the talent to the Brits going into the TUF. USA team has their work cut out.

jeffg-body
04-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Anyone out there watching the new TUF with Americans vs the Brits? I like the vibe on the show myself, but I was really happy to see mini Junie getting bounced from the show. It should be an interesting show this time around. There has already been the starting of trash talking and it has the potential to get a bit nasty between the two teams. I hope Hendo can get these guys motivated because the Brits look real sharp. All I have to say is chins down and hands up because there is going to be major leather thrown.

Jonathan
04-16-2009, 09:47 AM
I am excited for some of the fights on the card for Saturday. I just hope that these fights are not blacked out.

Jason MacDonald vs Nate Querry.
I remember when MacDonald burst on to the scene with upsets over Ed Herman and Chris Leban. Nat Querry is also a skilled fighter.

David Lousia vs Ed Herman
The Crow is back. I do not know if he has ever recovered from the Rich Franklin Fight but this should be interesting.

Sam Stout vs Matt Wiman

Kyrstozof vs Brian Stann.

jeffg-body
04-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I am excited about a few of the fights as well. I always like to watch the crow throw down and it should be an exciting night of fights.

James Bond
04-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Anderson Silva = My Favorite Fighter.

I'm gonna try to watch tomorrow at my local B-Dubs. It's going to suck though, last time I went there for a fight I went a half hour before the fight, and was behind 15 other people waiting. And ended up just watching the fight from the waiting area. I guess I'm going to have to sit there and wait at least an hour to an hour and a half for the fight to start. :[

Jonathan
04-17-2009, 12:31 PM
James Bond- This is a matchup of a striker vs a grapler.

The similar opponent these fighter share is Nat Marquedt. Nat lost a controversial decision to Leites. Nat had two penalty points. Anderson knocked Nat out in round 1.

On a side note last night I went to Golden Gloves and talked to Chris Lytle. He will be @ the B dubs in Castleton for the fights.

pwee31
04-18-2009, 09:15 AM
The Shogun, Liddell fight will be HUGE for both fighters and there career since neither has been really impressive as of late.

Jonathan I don't think the fights you mentioned above are on the main card, but I'm hoping they have the time to show them between the main card fight, b/c there are some really good matchup

James Bond
04-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Did anyone watch tonight?
I didn't get a chance to make it out to bdubs so I missed everything..
Anderson Silva update?

MrSparko
04-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Wow Silva....wow

Pacersfan46
04-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Wow Silva....wow

What did Silva do? Why are you wow'ing him? He won. He did what he was supposed to do.

I think it's clear that Thales was just scared of him. Everytime Silva engaged and went after him, Thales (literally) just fell on his back to try to bait Silva into a ground battle. I say "Wow Thales". Rarely do you see a guy so intimidated and scared to engage that he backs up to the fence and then just rolls over onto the ground to avoid getting beaten.

What exactly was Silva supposed to do differently? Chase Thales to the ground where he's a world champion fighter in Jiu Jitsu? Seriously.

Either way, he needs to change weight class. It's obvious there is no challenge for him there, and all those guys are scared out of their panties when they fight him. He needs to move weight classes and challenge St. Pierre for his title. At least you'll be able to find someone willing to actually fight him there. Not run like a scared little *****.

It's not Silva's fault there's a lack of challengers willing to actually fight him in his own weight class.

-- Steve --

Jonathan
04-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Silva won. Fans were chanting boring during the fight.

He dominated Leites standing up with an arsenal of kicks. I have never seen some of the kicks he threw. Leites wanted the fight on the ground leading to several stalemates. I do not blame Leites for not wanting any part of standing up with Silva.

Chuck got caught and droped.

The Wiman and Stout fight did not get going to the second round but after that is was very good with a lot of action.

Jonathan
04-19-2009, 10:38 AM
I am wondering if after the main event if the UFC showed any more fights?

pwee31
04-19-2009, 11:51 AM
I am wondering if after the main event if the UFC showed any more fights?

they did not

Pacersfan46
04-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Chuck got caught and droped.

He barely got hit. He just needs to stop. He's been hit so many times that the slightest hit will put him out anymore. I think I could have taken the punch he was KO'd by last night.

Shogun had no real body into the punch, and was fully extended at that point so there wasn't much momentum after the contact .... but he collapsed. He just can't hang anymore.

-- Steve --

Jonathan
04-20-2009, 09:21 AM
they did not

That is terrible. I read Query knocked Macdonald out 2:24 by TKO in the first round. I would have liked to seen that instead of commercials and interviews.

Jonathan
04-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Nick Diaz might be boxing against Roy Jones Jr.

I think Roy Jones Jr will easily win but I give Roy respect for putting on shows that mix both MMA & Boxing.

jeffg-body
04-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Did anyone watch the Brit tonight on TUF with the high kick? I feel bad for the USA guy, but he deserved it for underestimating his opponent. I thought it was very close up to that point and had the USA guy ahead slightly. I am a bit turned off by all of the drama going on, but I guess it will make for good anticipation for the Hendo vs Bisping fight. If Bisping is as good as he thinks he is then we'll see it when he fights Hendo.

:cool:

scar
04-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Did anyone watch the Brit tonight on TUF with the high kick? I feel bad for the USA guy, but he deserved it for underestimating his opponent. I thought it was very close up to that point and had the USA guy ahead slightly. I am a bit turned off by all of the drama going on, but I guess it will make for good anticipation for the Hendo vs Bisping fight. If Bisping is as good as he thinks he is then we'll see it when he fights Hendo.

:cool:

If you're turned off by drama, you apparently didn't watch last season.

Jonathan
04-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I have not got into this season yet. I am annoyed with reality TV. I believe you have to favor the Count vs Hendo just because Hendo is getting close to 40 years old.
That card does look excellent for the Fight Night with this show.

Nat Diaz vs Joe Daddy Stevenson

Diegeo Sanchez vs Clay Guido

James Bond
04-23-2009, 04:50 PM
He needs to move weight classes and challenge St. Pierre for his title. At least you'll be able to find someone willing to actually fight him there. Not run like a scared little *****.

It's not Silva's fault there's a lack of challengers willing to actually fight him in his own weight class.

-- Steve --

He actually asked Dana to fight St. Pierre, and it is supposed to be set up. Dana wants it Silva wants it, and St. Pierre wants it. http://www.cbssports.com/mma/story/11330472