PDA

View Full Version : The Pacers Are Still ...

Steveman
05-27-2004, 01:28 AM
... one player away.

The Pistons are one Rasheed and or Ben and or Rip better than the Pacers.

If we had another big strong rebounder type like Ben, or Dale Davis in his prime to go along side JO, we'd essentially be identical to the Pistons, but perhaps a little better because IMHO, JO is a better player than Rasheed..

OR

If we had a SG with a deadly consistent outside jumper.

Either one of these two things would put the Pacers over the top ... in my opinion.

TheSauceMaster
05-27-2004, 01:29 AM
it's more than 1 player away ;)

MagicRat
05-27-2004, 01:32 AM
The Pacers are still.....

....only one win away from tying the series.......

TheSauceMaster
05-27-2004, 01:33 AM
The Pacers are still.....

....only one win away from tying the series.......

True and I have faith they will Tie it :D

Anthem
05-27-2004, 01:47 AM
They're one player away, sure. But that player is already on the team.

In each game, if even ONE more player had a semi-decent game instead of an insanely bad one, then we'd be fine.

Steveman
05-27-2004, 01:49 AM
it's more than 1 player away ;)

Cool, how about elaborating a little more on your opinion?

TheSauceMaster
05-27-2004, 02:00 AM
JO , Needs a Big Man to Help
We need Better SG
Better Backup PG

Let the Flames and Disagreements begin :D

Steveman
05-27-2004, 02:11 AM
We need Better SG
Better Backup PG

I agree ;)

But I think we can get one of these in a good FA or a "Donnie Walsh" draft pick. The other one, be it the big man or the SG (I prefer SG) needs to be exceptional ... a starter, i.e, the best we can get for Al, possibly JB, and some baggage. Now let the flames and disagreements begin :D

BillS
05-27-2004, 09:01 AM
We need Better SG
Better Backup PG

I agree ;)

But I think we can get one of these in a good FA or a "Donnie Walsh" draft pick. The other one, be it the big man or the SG (I prefer SG) needs to be exceptional ... a starter, i.e, the best we can get for Al, possibly JB, and some baggage. Now let the flames and disagreements begin :DI never thought I'd hear myself saying this ... but ...

upon further review, it may be time to stop worrying so much about SG given the potential of Freddy and ...

here it comes ...

Jonathan Bender

Both of them have the ability to make things happen, and that's what we need.

Al is probably our trade bait, and if it gets him somewhere he can start he's doing well. We just need to get either a good big man (I'd say a sold backup center at this point, as I think Foster does just fine in the rebound monster role against most teams) or a solid point guard who could fight with Tins for the starting position.